• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoOzzieGo

Blackhawks vs The Blues

Rate this topic

I'm flipping back and forth between the Wing's game and the Blackhawks/Blues game. I doubt the Blues will have the fire power to keep up in this game but I'll be highly surprised if the Hawks escape this one without an injury or two. The Blues are hitting hard and playing with a lot of enthusiasm under their new coach. I'm hoping someone will have a way of posting a clip of a hit on Patrick Sharp.......It was great! :clap:

Edited by GoOzzieGo

Anyone know who it was that Barker went after? Boxscore says he got a fighting major, instigator and game misconduct but nobody for the Blues even had a penalty at the same time.

Anyone know who it was that Barker went after? Boxscore says he got a fighting major, instigator and game misconduct but nobody for the Blues even had a penalty at the same time.

Weaver, who laid out Patrick Sharp with a great bodycheck.

Lot of good fights in this game.

David Backes is the biggest spotpicker in the NHL not named Lucic. I can't believe he took on Toews and wore a visor during the fight. Absolutely gutless *****.

Normally I'd be with you and say f*** him, but Toews is acting way too tough nowadays, and deserved a nice beatdown. (I'm hoping Backes beat him down, if he didnt, then my opinion changes back to he's a *****)

Normally I'd be with you and say f*** him, but Toews is acting way too tough nowadays, and deserved a nice beatdown. (I'm hoping Backes beat him down, if he didnt, then my opinion changes back to he's a *****)

He did beat him up, but the big puss was wearing a visor the whole fight against a non-fighter no less.

I don't mind seeing Toews get beat, but I hate Backes more, especially with these cheap tactics.

Yeah STL definitely tried to goon it up tonight. Didnt work, hawks still out hit them. Sopel Owned Cam Janssen. Janssen Came at him blatantly going for the head shot, Sopel Brazilian Jujistued him over his back then crosschecked the hell out of him.

How about tkachuk, talk about sacrificing your body. Good lord that had to hurt, at least he got a goal out of it. Took a slapshot to the face that deflected into the net behind Huet.

Edited by TSD

Yeah STL definitely tried to goon it up tonight. Didnt work, hawks still out hit them. Sopel Owned Cam Janssen. Janssen Came at him blatantly going for the head shot, Sopel Brazilian Jujistued him over his back then crosschecked the hell out of him.

How about tkachuk, talk about sacrificing your body. Good lord that had to hurt, at least he got a goal out of it. Took a slapshot to the face that deflected into the net behind Huet.

Sopel couldn't own his own d***.

He's lucky Janssen didn't get a hold of him, or he would have murdered Sopel.

Sopel couldn't own his own d***.

He's lucky Janssen didn't get a hold of him, or he would have murdered Sopel.

he tried to, because he was mad he got owned so bad, sopel just hugged him, he wanted him to feel the love.

Guest micah

*That* was a hockey game! Action from the first whistle to the last. If every game were like that one, the NHL would be the most watched league in the United States.

David Backes is the biggest spotpicker in the NHL not named Lucic. I can't believe he took on Toews and wore a visor during the fight. Absolutely gutless *****.

I can't believe you would be against someone taking out Toews, who cares if he can't fight back, if you can gt him to go why not?

Guest Blackhawkdown

St Louis had to goon it up because they are such a pathetic team. This wasnt the 97 Avs vs Wings series, this was a team that was obviously overmatched by a large margin doing whatever they can to win because they lack the talent to compete with the Blackhawks. It failed though because they ended up more banged up than we were after the game, bunch of *******.

And as far as Toews goes, he isnt a fighter, and he looked bad, but the fact that he threw down really pumped the team up and we scored the next 4 goals because of it. I love when players step out of their game and take one for the team, thats what a real captain does.

Off topic, but Sharks are tearing it up with a 8 game winning streak. They seem almost unstopable and have earned the #1 spot in the entire NHL (and first team of the season to make it past 60-points). Hope Wings can upset them on January 9th. We should have both Cleary and Zetterberg back by then *crosses fingers*

Toews was also wearing a visor. Explain yourself?

Of course he is. Most superstar players do.

Backes is always spotpicking against non-fighters, and he always hides behind that damn visor. He had no business fighting Toews in the first place.

If Blues fans can't see how Backes is a wannabee tough guy, then they're more biased than I thought. Toews showed a lot more balls in that fight than Backes did. I want to see Backes fight against someone tough, and to shed that visor for a change. I'm sick of his s***.

Why don't you explain to me why Backes picks his spots and wears visors in all his fights, instead of asking me for an explanation as to Toews of all people?

Edited by GMRwings1983

while i agree with you GMR, it was hilarious to see toews get his ass whupped.

Of course he is. Most superstar players do.

Backes is always spotpicking against non-fighters, and he always hides behind that damn visor. He had no business fighting Toews in the first place.

If Blues fans can't see how Backes is a wannabee tough guy, then they're more biased than I thought. Toews showed a lot more balls in that fight than Backes did. I want to see Backes fight against someone tough, and to shed that visor for a change. I'm sick of his s***.

Why don't you explain to me why Backes picks his spots and wears visors in all his fights, instead of asking me for an explanation as to Toews of all people?

Your posts in this thread implied that Backes alone kept his visor on. I went and watched the highlights right after and was somewhat surprised to see that both men kept their visors on during the fight; you made it sound as if Backes was the second coming of Darcy Tucker.

Does Backes pick his spots? It's debatable. The guy is a wrecking ball on the ice and takes no prisoners, soft and tough players alike. But did it occur to you that maybe he didn't want to take off his visor since his opponent didn't want to either? You want him to tie one arm behind his back just to even the playing field, too?

Guest micah
And as far as Toews goes, he isnt a fighter, and he looked bad, but the fact that he threw down really pumped the team up and we scored the next 4 goals because of it. I love when players step out of their game and take one for the team, thats what a real captain does.

Totally agree. Towes answered the bell here in a big way, and he sent a message to the entire team - "I am one of you - any blood sweat or tears I ask you to give I volunteer to give myself. I will do anything in my power to help this team win." Great move by the Blackhawk captain, things like that are not quickly forgotten.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I was trying to find a YT of this Weaver on Sharp hit. Anyone have any luck? I didnt. Just found a video of a really dirty Hossa goal, caught the puck and went to drop it but smacked it outta mid air for a goal instead.

Your posts in this thread implied that Backes alone kept his visor on. I went and watched the highlights right after and was somewhat surprised to see that both men kept their visors on during the fight; you made it sound as if Backes was the second coming of Darcy Tucker.

Does Backes pick his spots? It's debatable. The guy is a wrecking ball on the ice and takes no prisoners, soft and tough players alike. But did it occur to you that maybe he didn't want to take off his visor since his opponent didn't want to either? You want him to tie one arm behind his back just to even the playing field, too?

I was calling Backes out for his career of spotpicking so far in the NHL. The visor thing is an attack on him usually fighting with a visor on, even though in this fight both guys wore it.

There's nothing debatable about him picking spots. He loves jumping guys like Toews, but is timid to fight better fighters. He's quickly developing a reputation around fight fans as being a big *****, and he needs to shed it by manning up with some tough guys instead of fighting Toews or trying to pick fights with Draper of all people.

I was calling Backes out for his career of spotpicking so far in the NHL. The visor thing is an attack on him usually fighting with a visor on, even though in this fight both guys wore it.

There's nothing debatable about him picking spots. He loves jumping guys like Toews, but is timid to fight better fighters. He's quickly developing a reputation around fight fans as being a big *****, and he needs to shed it by manning up with some tough guys instead of fighting Toews or trying to pick fights with Draper of all people.

what is he supposed to do when toews challenges him?? i dont get it, you just seem really really bias against him. both guys wear a visor so thats not something you can complain about..