• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

Playoffs predictions?

Rate this topic

I'm sure that the Wings will do the playoffs, but will they be able to reach, at least, the conference finals?

Personally, I think we are getting older and older and if we don't do any changes, next years will be more and more difficult to do well...

Discuss please...

We are not an old team.

Lidstrom is not having a great year, but he might come back in the playoffs.

Franzen missing means a lot of clutch goals and a lot of points. With this guy healthy in the playoffs we can go far.

Right now i am seeing a Red Wings team with a much better defense than last year. Datsyuk is starting to play well (2 last games), Zetterberg and Franzen will hurt everybody when they come back, and we don't have Hossa bad mojo with us.

We can go all the way. I'd love to see a Belle against the Penguins :rolleyes:

are big guns, Zetterberg and Datsyuk, still have a few years left to be great players... although they are in their 30's, the are still great players... Nothing is a guarantee in the playoffs for any team, but I think its possible to go all the way again... I think healthy, they are top 3 in the league... my prediction for the conference finals: Detroit vs. San Jose (we knock out Chicago in the first round as the 7th seed)

This is the first year in around two decades that the team has had to face real adversity in the regular season. It also doesn't hurt that half of our "tired" team from extensive playing in the past is out injured long-term. All this spells energy and hunger come playoffs as far as I'm concerned, and if they can ride it appropriately as well as play the stellar defense that they've learned is essential, then they're winning the Cup.

Edited by Echolalia

A healthy Red Wings team is the last team any #1 or #2 seed teams will want to play. Actually Red Wings are the last team ANY team will want to play in the playoffs. Wings are going to upset a lot of teams in the playoffs.

Bottom line, this is a fact... the road to the Stanley Cup runs through HockeyTown.

Bottom line, this is a fact... the road to the Stanley Cup runs through HockeyTown.

Every team in the West knows that they have to get past Detroit to go far in the playoffs.

No team wants to play a healthy Wings team in the playoffs.

There are a number of factors that lead to the Cup

1. Talent

2. Depth

3. Drive

4. Leadership

5. Coaching

6. Luck

7. Lack of injuries

IMO, the most talented teams are San Jose, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, New Jersey

San Jose is short on leadership and has an inexperienced head coach

Chicago does not have the coaching leadership or goaltending

Pittsburgh has no depth and obviously the drive isn't going to be as strong as last year

New Jersey has all of the ingrediants

Detroit has all the ingrediants and the drive is going to be stronger than last year

Of course Detroit had everything but #6 and #7 last year so who knows.

I'm picking New Jersey and Detroit

We are not an old team.

Lidstrom is not having a great year, but he might come back in the playoffs.

Franzen missing means a lot of clutch goals and a lot of points. With this guy healthy in the playoffs we can go far.

Right now i am seeing a Red Wings team with a much better defense than last year. Datsyuk is starting to play well (2 last games), Zetterberg and Franzen will hurt everybody when they come back, and we don't have Hossa bad mojo with us.

We can go all the way. I'd love to see a Belle against the Penguins :rolleyes:

Actually, we are the oldest team in the league based on the average age but interestingly, look at the top teams in the league

Detroit

Chicago

San Jose

Pittsburgh

New Jersey

Chicago is the youngest out of all 30 teams and the others are all above the league average in age. Maybe experience does mean something...

No team would want to play the Wings in the playoffs, especially if let's say we go 8th seed and San Jose stay 1st then we'll do the biggest upset ever (maybe not ever, but you get my point)

Wings in finals against Jersey or Bruins, that's for sure

Hey, I'm all for rooting for the home team, but a non Detroit fan might stumble on this thread and suspect heavy drugs and drinking are at play. I hope you are all right, but IF we make the playoffs, second round tops. I'm worried injuries will creep back and either drive, goaltending or D will fail as well. I'd like the Wings to show me otherwise, but I am not so easily convinced this *entire* group accepts what needs to be done. Chicago will not be a walk in the park this year if we meet them again.

I want to think it's way too early to talk about this. We as Wings' fans have no idea what's going to happen during the time that all our players come back healthy. Who goes? Who stays? Is the chemistry gonna happen for the lines (I say yes)? And who do the other teams play during the next three months? What's their injury situation gonna be like? What coaches are gonna be fired? What's gonna be the price of pucks? Are composite sticks gonna lose their market share because of iffy quality? Will Barret Jackman still be taking cheapshots after the whistle? Will the Tootoo whistlers collectively choke on 'em? Will Bettman continue to work on his bobblehead behavior?

See where I'm going with this?

Puhleeese...! :stop:

There are a number of factors that lead to the Cup

1. Talent

2. Depth

3. Drive

4. Leadership

5. Coaching

6. Luck

7. Lack of injuries

IMO, the most talented teams are San Jose, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, New Jersey

San Jose is short on leadership and has an inexperienced head coach

Chicago does not have the coaching leadership or goaltending

Pittsburgh has no depth and obviously the drive isn't going to be as strong as last year

New Jersey has all of the ingrediants

Detroit has all the ingrediants and the drive is going to be stronger than last year

Of course Detroit had everything but #6 and #7 last year so who knows.

I'm picking New Jersey and Detroit

I don't know if you were putting those in priority order, but if you were, honestly I'd put lack of injuries higher. It was a big factor in the Wings losing in the conference finals a few seasons ago, in their cup run, and in running out of steam last season.

I'm sure that the Wings will do the playoffs, but will they be able to reach, at least, the conference finals?

Personally, I think we are getting older and older and if we don't do any changes, next years will be more and more difficult to do well...

Discuss please...

Older and older? Really?

Under 30- Abdelkader, Eaves, Ericsson, Filppula, Helm, Howard, Janik, Kronwall, Lebda, Leino, Meech, Miller, Ritola, Williams, Zetterberg.

30-35- Bertuzzi, Cleary, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lilja, Stuart

36-39- Draper, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Maltby, May, Osgood, Rafalski

40 and up- None.

A huge part of this team is under 30. Datsyuk and Cleary are both 31. Franzen's 30.

Look at the lines you can mae using nothing but guys under 30. How about under 35?

I would love nothing more than to see my Wings go all they way, but I have a feeling we won't make it out of the 2nd round. But then I have this theory that needs to be tested and if it's right then I can see us making it to the Finals, if that makes any sense.

But then it also depends on health. We got the talent, we just need the luck.

I'm more concerned with actually making playoffs. This is a playoff team, we'll go far IF we make playoffs. But since the team dropped the ball early on, the destiny of the team is out of their hands. They now have to wait for other teams to lose in order to make it.

I'm more concerned with actually making playoffs. This is a playoff team, we'll go far IF we make playoffs. But since the team dropped the ball early on, the destiny of the team is out of their hands. They now have to wait for other teams to lose in order to make it.

Can't we at least get to the All-Star break before we start wondering how we would get in the playoffs?

All star break? I am sure you mean Olympic break :). Also, this is now the time when we can start discussing the playoffs. We have half a season left to make the push for the big dance. :cool:

Nope, destiny is still in our hands. We have a couple of huge games with LA this month. Yes LA. We get them ON thurs, then later this month in Detroit then in February. I think on 2/6. These are some big games because its almost like double the points. Instead of just 6 points up for grabs, it is essentially now. LA is fighting for the playoffs so are we. These games are more important than the games against Pittsburgh and Washington. Though those are also big point/ statement games.

All star break? I am sure you mean Olympic break :). Also, this is now the time when we can start discussing the playoffs. We have half a season left to make the push for the big dance. :cool:

Fixed. Thanks. :)

I can't wait to witness this playoff push. This has been a great season from a excitement/anxiety standpoint. I love the urgency we are seeing from the young guys. If Howard continues to improve at his current pace, we are going to be looking REALLY, REALLY good down the stretch.