• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Great Datsyuk Rookie Year clip

Rate this topic

Gah I miss Gary Thorne=(

Nice nostalgia videos. You knew he was special very early in his career. Btw how many people wanted to trade him early in the decade? haha

Sadly there's people on here who still want him traded.

Gah I miss Gary Thorne=(

Nice nostalgia videos. You knew he was special very early in his career. Btw how many people wanted to trade him early in the decade? haha

not I, I've had a Datsyuk jersey since his rookie season. Though watching these videos makes me miss Hull.

Man did I love Datsyuk in his rookie season. No one knew of him and the 3 or 4 dekes he use to put on Dmen where crazy. I remember there was one time he put 4 moves on someone in the corner, crazy stuff.

It was nice when we had so much depth that Datsyuk could get matched up against some garbage D on the other teams. Because of that, some of the stuff that he could do was absolutely eye-popping. Unfortunately, with how closely and well he's covered now, it happens much less.

OMG YAY!

Look at how teeny he is! And how awesome! And Hull! And Igor! And Stevie! And Luuuuuuc and

f*** I love that 01-02 team. It's a wonder I didn't pass out from Awesome Overloads during every game I watched.

The "moves" are in the 2nd goal of the 1st clip, you have to watch long enough to get there. ;)

esteef

Okay, I see it now, banks puck off base of goal back to himself and feeds team mate in front ... that's a good move :thumbup:

Edited by RedWingsRox

Guest CaliWingsNut

EDIT: Ok I take that back on "best assist." But that is definitely one of his best moves ever.

Hockey on espn? on espn2? WOW... I remember those days. :ph34r:

Beyond more D and attention to Pabvel and playing more D, there is another issue here. When he has a strong line with linemates who are a threat to score, he shines.

The sooner we can get him back with a healthy Hank...

I remember watching the game watching the game live when he did that move off the back of the net, this was before the days of the highlights packages on nhl.com so I stayed up to six in the morning watching the ice hockey and then went to school the next day, I always remember it being totally worth it and thinking that Pav was a massive talent who would only get better.

Ah the good old days when there was ice hockey on British television.