• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

Wings Practice in LA 1/8/2010

Rate this topic

Hey Red Wings Nation West!

I just found out that the Red Wings have the ice at 1:30- 2:30pm at Toyota Sports Center (aka Health South) on Friday, January 8, 2010

The address and phone number:

555 North Nash St.

El Segundo, CA 90245

ph. (310) 535-4510

I've bolded the times because I just called and they told me 1:30-2:30 (updated Thursday 1/7/2010 at 4:32 pm)

UPDATE

Just called 9:58 and spoke with Brit - she says "They have the ice. They haven't canceled yet but it's always a possibility"

Please be aware of this before heading over there. It's always a chance it could be canceled but I'm pretty sure that if babcock had canceled practice they would've canceled long before now.

You can always give the rink a call before you decide to leave. It's up to you. I'm going no matter what.

See you there!

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

yeah I'll be rushin down there after work, I get off at noon. I was hoping they'd be there tomorrow, as it's often the day before they play L.A. that they're there but oh well, hopefully won't miss much.

Edited by Yzermania

1. How long do their practices usually go?

2. Is there expected to be a lot of spectators there?

3. Is there any chance us lucky fans might get to meet some of the players?

It's sort of go and see what happens. I think they practice about an hour (from the last couple of times I've gone).

I always bring stuff in case they are willing to sign. Normally you get to talk to them, snap a couple of photos and get a couple autographs.

Either way, it's completely worth going.

I have no idea how many people will show up. I do know about 6 people who are going for sure that I know personally. It's different every time. Always depends on the day of the week, timing, notice etc.

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

Awesome! I wish I had more Wings stuff here, it's mostly back in Detroit. I've got a funny idea for a t-shirt though that I'm gonna make.

If you've ever seen those t-shirts that say "I'm with stupid" with the arrrow pointing to the side, I'm gonna do the same thing, but have it say "I'm with Draper" and hopefully get my pic taken with him as he's my mom's favorite player and I'm sure she'd find it hilarious!

Hey Red Wings Nation West!

I just found out that the Red Wings have the ice at 1pm at Toyota Sports Center (aka Health South) on Friday, January 8, 2010

The address and phone number:

555 North Nash St.

El Segundo, CA 90245

ph. (310) 535-4510

See you there!!!!!

Even being here on the"Third Coast", I'm glad you keep the Wings' fans informed and organized on that one. I'm guessing they appreciate it too! And even reading about it vicariously is kind of cool. THANKS for putting stuff on here.

I'll have my Franzen jersey and homemade "I'm with Draper" t-shirt, and likely a Wings hat. Say hello if you run into me!

I've never met any Wings before, so I'm stoked and potentially meeting some here. Would you guys address them by their first names, or Mr. last name?

Edited by WMUCarGuy

I'll have my Franzen jersey and homemade "I'm with Draper" t-shirt, and likely a Wings hat. Say hello if you run into me!

I've never met any Wings before, so I'm stoked and potentially meeting some here. Would you guys address them by their first names, or Mr. last name?

yah it really depends on how loose they are being but either way ti's really cool. I've gone some years where they pretty much have the bus parked by the exit and they walk to it but they still sign stuff for fans but the last time they were there, two seasons ago, they had the bus parked away from the exit and they all came out, and talked to everyone, took pictures and signed autographs, but that was also in the middle of a cup run too, who knows, Babs may have things tightened up this time around, we'll see. I've read in interviews before that they like coming out and seeing the fans out here because they only do it once or twice a year though. I can't wait though, I'm gonna bring a couple jerseys(franzen, datsyuk) and my 2008 cup finals game six puck and try to get them signed.

It is pretty easy to access the players there. It is just a matter of how "accessible" they want to be. It really depends on how the Wings will get there. If it is by bus, they may be able to make a quick escape. When the Kings practice there, they usually dirve their own cars and park just like everyone else.

It is pretty easy to access the players there. It is just a matter of how "accessible" they want to be. It really depends on how the Wings will get there. If it is by bus, they may be able to make a quick escape. When the Kings practice there, they usually dirve their own cars and park just like everyone else.

I used to play beer league and coach down there - I thought there was a separate gated parking area for the Kings and Lakers. Am I mistaken?

Edited by kook_10