• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

Wings Practice in LA 1/8/2010

Rate this topic

It was great seeing the boys practice. Woke up at 12 PM and just saw on these boards that there was a practice...

Went immediately haha.

It seems like Maltby and Howard like to kid around.. they were constantly smiling and kidding around. One other moment was when Datsyuk was constantly stickling Abdelkader when the kid was practicing redirects late on. That was hilarious.

Cheers to everyone who went... it was sweet to see the "Crvena Krila" in action.

Gut - how come you didn't introduce yourself - all of the LGW'ers were all congregated together!! :)

Sometimes you win some some times you lose - Flip and Leino signed and I guess Zee did at the very beginning

I'm too shy :P haha next time I will. Where did Hank sign at the beginning? I was thinking they would be more inclined to sign after practice.

Wow what a blast!

Let’s see LGW’ers that showed up were:

TheWestWing & Mrs. Thewestwing

Wingnut 25

Yzermania

Me

Sharomyga

WMUCarGuy

rdwinguy

When we first got there the red wings were playing soccer on the roller hockey rink which is the first rink inside the facility (Lilja was out there as well having a good time). I guess the Wings got there around noon/ 12:30 a boy mentioned he had gotten Zee’s autograph when they first arrived but the rink had blocked off the area so we couldn’t go down to the roller rink level for this portion. Here’s a few pictures of the soccer practice.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1835...mp;l=b0f18529bc

Franzen and Williams were on the ice just about 1:06 and were on the ice. Kronwall was there too. Lilja was on the ice as well for the practice. It was so cool to see them having a good time with each other. Ken Daniels (there’s a picture of him) and Jack Johnson (Kings) was there as well (picture of him on here too). Jack Johnson watched the entire practice. Larry Murphy was in the building but I didn’t nab a shot of him.

Here’s the first album from the Ice practice:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1835...mp;l=6ff481d2ca

Album 2

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1835...mp;l=f91cbb312f

I was walking along the rink (and Derek Meech was skating along side of me and he looked at me and I flashed this huge grin and he smiled back).

There’s a ton of pictures – some awesome some blurry and some worth deleting! I figured I’d just upload them all and you can flip through them. I wish my zoom was better (looks like it might be time to upgrade my camera!!!)

Leino was nice and he came out and signed autographs (last picture of the second ice practice album signing).

They had the place pretty much on lockdown since the Wings went directly to the airport after this practice and they did their security TSA searches on site right before getting on the bus. TSA had blocked off the walk way from the roller rink to the team bus and told us they would not be able to touch or do anything once they had TSA clearance.

*The father son trip 2 years ago they were not in any hurry and everyone was standing around and signing autographs. It was a bit different than this time and the wings practiced on the other rink not the kings rink (as they did this time) so they were walking through an area when they got off the ice they signed stuff. This time they weren’t directly accessible.

Jason Williams was in the roller area doing all these exercises conditioning himself to play. It was really cool to see his dedication and how long he was out there.

It was a blast. I know everyone wants autographs but they basically had the ice from 1:30-2:30 and their plane left LAX at 3:30. It was awesome to see the lines being run etc.

Here’s a video I took while we were there – I tried to get as much of the action as I could but I didn’t want to give you all motion sickness LOL

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

Gut - how come you didn't introduce yourself - all of the LGW'ers were all congregated together!! :)

Sometimes you win some some times you lose - Flip and Leino signed and I guess Zee did at the very beginning

Did Leino fall down while signing autographs?

Did Leino fall down while signing autographs?

:lol:

Jacqui, thanks for posting these... I am glad you got to go and see other LGW'ers and have a BLAST!

Don't worry about a few blurry ones, our guys look good anyway you wanna look at them. :cool:

Wow what a blast!

Let’s see LGW’ers that showed up were:

TheWestWing & Mrs. Thewestwing

Wingnut 25

Yzermania

Me

Sharomyga

WMUCarGuy

rdwinguy

When we first got there the red wings were playing soccer on the roller hockey rink which is the first rink inside the facility (Lilja was out there as well having a good time). I guess the Wings got there around noon/ 12:30 a boy mentioned he had gotten Zee’s autograph when they first arrived but the rink had blocked off the area so we couldn’t go down to the roller rink level for this portion. Here’s a few pictures of the soccer practice.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1835...mp;l=b0f18529bc

Franzen and Williams were on the ice just about 1:06 and were on the ice. Kronwall was there too. Lilja was on the ice as well for the practice. It was so cool to see them having a good time with each other. Ken Daniels (there’s a picture of him) and Jack Johnson (Kings) was there as well (picture of him on here too). Jack Johnson watched the entire practice. Larry Murphy was in the building but I didn’t nab a shot of him.

Here’s the first album from the Ice practice:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1835...mp;l=6ff481d2ca

Album 2

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1835...mp;l=f91cbb312f

I was walking along the rink (and Derek Meech was skating along side of me and he looked at me and I flashed this huge grin and he smiled back).

There’s a ton of pictures – some awesome some blurry and some worth deleting! I figured I’d just upload them all and you can flip through them. I wish my zoom was better (looks like it might be time to upgrade my camera!!!)

Leino was nice and he came out and signed autographs (last picture of the second ice practice album signing).

They had the place pretty much on lockdown since the Wings went directly to the airport after this practice and they did their security TSA searches on site right before getting on the bus. TSA had blocked off the walk way from the roller rink to the team bus and told us they would not be able to touch or do anything once they had TSA clearance.

*The father son trip 2 years ago they were not in any hurry and everyone was standing around and signing autographs. It was a bit different than this time and the wings practiced on the other rink not the kings rink (as they did this time) so they were walking through an area when they got off the ice they signed stuff. This time they weren’t directly accessible.

Jason Williams was in the roller area doing all these exercises conditioning himself to play. It was really cool to see his dedication and how long he was out there.

It was a blast. I know everyone wants autographs but they basically had the ice from 1:30-2:30 and their plane left LAX at 3:30. It was awesome to see the lines being run etc.

Here’s a video I took while we were there – I tried to get as much of the action as I could but I didn’t want to give you all motion sickness LOL

Thanks for posting the pictures, Jacqui. I wish I could have made it. I at least got to live it vicariously through you.

I've actually played hockey on that rink. It's really eerie watching all the players you admire out there playing on the same surface.