• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Boyd Devereaux suffers broken neck

Rate this topic

from the CP at the Globe and Mail,

Former NHLer Boyd Devereaux will have a lot to think about in the weeks ahead as he recuperates from a terrifying broken neck.

Competing at the Spengler Cup in Switzerland through the holidays, Devereaux and the rest of the Canadian team were off to a roaring start.

The Kitchener, Ont., resident and former Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs centre was being double-shifted by Craig MacTavish when he entered the offensive zone and attempted to collect a loose puck in a Dec. 28 game against host-team Davos.

That’s when Davos blue-liner Beat Forster caught Devereaux with his head down.

Devereaux crumpled to the ice, but was helped to his feet and assisted to the bench. He soon noticed a tingling sensation in his arms.

Anything related with the neck scares the hell out of me. Hope the best for Boyd he was a good guy and no one deserves this type of injury although he was an awful hockey player.

Poor guy...I hope he can recover from this. No matter who you are, that's a hard piece of news to swallow. That could be the end of his career.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I was watching this game. No, the hit wasnt clean, Foster left his skates and went right for his head. No call on the play. I didnt think it was this serious though, I figured maybe a concussion at worst. Hope he recovers soon!

I realized alot of people think he sucked as a Red Wing, and maybe he did its debatable, but he was an awesome Kitchener Ranger where I saw him play quite a few times.

Edit: Foster, Forster, whatever the hell his name is.

Edited by ZetterbergFourty

Devereaux crumpled to the ice, but was helped to his feet and assisted to the bench. He soon noticed a tingling sensation in his arms.

That would be so damn scary to experience.

Really hope he makes a full recovery.

One of my best friends and guitar players just broke his neck in a car accident. Thankfully he was able to walk himself into the hospital.

That's a very scary injury. Get better Boyd!!

Wow, tough deal. My brother broke his neck while swinging on a rope swing that broke and he actually rode his bike home (approxmately 1 mile). He had multiple broken vertebrae and thank God he was alright after having to wear a neck brace for a few months. Scary, scary stuff... Get well soon Boyd!