• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Mattias Ritola

Rate this topic

Guest zackmorris
Disagree, I think his play was more than acceptable. The "if he wants to" comment relates to his poor attitude before he came to North America and his struggles this season. Babcock knows that it's been one knock on him throughout his career (not during his stay with the Griffins though) and so he wants to send the message that if he keeps playing hard, he'll eventually have a spot in Detroit.

Was pretty much what I meant. Keep your s*** together, work hard and you'll have a spot.

Guest VAL FILPPULA

He looked really solid in the stint with Detroit. However, as someone pointed out, there are very few roster spots available in the coming years, especially with Tatar coming up. I do like him more than Leino though (if that says much)

Btw, does anyone have the video of that sweet little move he had a couple nights ago? I searched youtube but couldn't find it.

I do too. While Filppula is no helm or Abdelkader in terms of physicality, Filppula has definitely been using his body, checking well and often initiates contact when someone is trying to check him.

Overall Filppula is looking like a seriously complete, 2 way forward. The next few years should be very exciting for him.

Filppula sucks, trade him while people still think he has value. Use him for a top ten pick or a defenseman. I can't stand watching him shoot when he should pass and pass when he should shoot. I'd rather him be good somewhere else than have to watch him not live up to his potential here. He's just as lazy as Leino with ten times the hype. Do it Kenny!

Filppula sucks, trade him while people still think he has value. Use him for a top ten pick or a defenseman. I can't stand watching him shoot when he should pass and pass when he should shoot. I'd rather him be good somewhere else than have to watch him not live up to his potential here. He's just as lazy as Leino with ten times the hype. Do it Kenny!

sarcasm?

sarcasm?

Just a little, I may be asking too much for him or maybe expecting too much from him but whatever everybody else is seeing in him, I'm missing it. Just my opinion but it is hard watching him play and I do realize he was injured for a while,and I don't think he will ever have more value than he does now.

facepalm.jpg

No. Just no.

He seems like a Filppula at the wing position.

I'm still not sure what Ritola's upside is.

Having another Filpulla at wing doesn't seem good? Being realistic, if he can be a decent playmaker like Fil, it will be very handy with guys like Hudler, Tatar, etc who are (hopefully) more goal-scoring oriented. At the moment it doesn't seem great because of how our lines are working out this season, but if the Wings have enough depth in the coming years it would be great to see another very good scoring 3rd line like Hudler-Fil-Sammy was.

Having another Filpulla at wing doesn't seem good? Being realistic, if he can be a decent playmaker like Fil, it will be very handy with guys like Hudler, Tatar, etc who are (hopefully) more goal-scoring oriented. At the moment it doesn't seem great because of how our lines are working out this season, but if the Wings have enough depth in the coming years it would be great to see another very good scoring 3rd line like Hudler-Fil-Sammy was.

I prefer guys like Helm, Eaves and Miller on the bottom six. The coaches ask them to play more of a dump and chase game because they're effective at it with their speed. They can dish out hits but they also have some skill with the puck. My hope is that next year they'll be better at blending in a little more puck possession traits to the way they play. Get the puck in deep but hang on to it more and look for something to open up.

I've been saying it for a few years now, he's a poor man's Filppula.

Very highly skilled, good size, quite resposible defensively, can play in all situations, and yet despite all that the points doing seem to come. In saying that, he's got 17 points in his past 22 games or something similar so they're starting to come.

He's just a very solid all-round hockey player who should be a Wing next season and down the track I see him as a 20 point type player who is a good character guy.