• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/7 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Kings 1

Rate this topic

I like Howard, but man his rebound control sure needs work.

Definitely. For as well as he's played, he really does get a lot of help from the skaters bailing him out when he can't control the puck. This is an issue he can improve on though, it's just technique. He's doing a lot of other stuff right that's not so easily improved upon if you ask me, so if he busts his ass, perhaps more in the off-season, he's got the potential to become a real complete goalie in this league.

Bad PK and bad defense. Howard has been the only good defender. When was the last time we allowed 35 shots in two periods?

As long as J-Ho keeps kicking ass, bring em on!

good job defense, falling down and looking confused instead of clearing he crease

this doesn't look like the wings team of years past but at least we've kept LA scoreless through 2. Howard is starting to look like Hasek out there, not pretty...but effective.

The shots were 25-6 that period, thank god we have a goalie that can play or we'd be royally effed.

That's scary.

I guess this means Ozzie will start against San Jose, because Howard can't have much left in the tank after this beating.

This team should be ashamed of itself for this defensive performance tonight.

Definitely. For as well as he's played, he really does get a lot of help from the skaters bailing him out when he can't control the puck. This is an issue he can improve on though, it's just technique. He's doing a lot of other stuff right that's not so easily improved upon if you ask me, so if he busts his ass, perhaps more in the off-season, he's got the potential to become a real complete goalie in this league.

Actually, he has improved some from from the beginning of the year - so there is hope.

That's scary.

I guess this means Ozzie will start against San Jose, because Howard can't have much left in the tank after this beating.

This team should be ashamed of itself for this defensive performance tonight.

Howard's stopping the shots, but he's giving up so many rebounds and doing next to nothing to control the puck after the shot that it's making the defense look a lot worse at some points as they're left scrambling. When you give up a rebound and you're out of position, you've got guys diving in to cover the net. While the other team crashes. It becomes a giant clusterf*** real fast. Howard's doing a good job of stopping the shots, but he wouldn't have to stop near as many if he'd just do a better job of controlling the damn puck after the first shot.