• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Canada vs. Soviet Union 1987 Brawl

Rate this topic

The funniest part of this was the Russians started it by sending another man over the bench to help out, the Canadians saw that and thought it was on, then the boys start piling over the boards and the rest is history. Video never gets old, Theoren Fleury was such a fiesty little f***** haha.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ha its funny

i was just watching this the other night

and then i watched don cherrys reaction to it and of course...he blames the russians cause they started it...and yeah..i think thats where the start of his hatred for russians began..maybe not but oh well..here is the vid if any havent seen it yet..

There is a book called "When the Light Went Out" that goes into a detailed account of the incident. The author is obviously bias towards the Canadians, but a good read non the less if anybody is interested.

Edited by Statts

This whole thing boggles my mind. It's like everyone just went collectively bonkers. Also, the line from the news broadcast, "It's not a disgrace; it's hockey," is priceless.

The thing that bums me out is the exchange on the youtube link. At the end, right after the priceless line quoted above, you see the newscaster just shake her head in disbelief. That face is what most non-fans think about hockey, which is really too bad. I've lost count of how many times I've had to justify my love of hockey. I'm in academia and let's just say I don't meet a lot of kindred spirits. I've had to get into it with people who think hockey is about as legit as the WWF. That's a sad thing.