• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Miller Brew

Don Cherry pissed off

Rate this topic

Anyone watch Don Cherry on the NHL network just now? He's pissed off over the USA vs Canada WJC. He ranted off for about 10 minutes about 'player development'. According to him the only reason why USA won was because Canada is the best in the world. Yeah, I scratched my head too.

They guy is annoying. He is wearing some clown suit... you know when someone dresses like that, they are an *******.

You clearly didn't understand what Don was saying at all. Sure, the US won fair and square, but following their victory, Don mentioned he has heard constant bragging about the development of American players. Thus, to put together a rebuttal to said remarks, he pointed which Canadian players in the NHL (Stamkos, Myers, Tavares, Kane, etc.) were eligible, but were not grandted permission to play. No, it's not an excuse for losing, but it's a very logical point.

Anyone watch Don Cherry on the NHL network just now? He's pissed off over the USA vs Canada WJC. He ranted off for about 10 minutes about 'player development'. According to him the only reason why USA won was because Canada is the best in the world. Yeah, I scratched my head too.

They guy is annoying. He is wearing some clown suit... you know when someone dresses like that, they are an *******.

He was ranting because most of the USA players play/played and got developed in Canada in the CHL

I agree though, he should just congratulate the Americans and call it a Day.

The big one is in February

Edited by redwingfan19

I completely understood what he said. He's an *******. Then he started crying because some Canadian players didn't play. BOO-F'ING-HOO!

I'm Canadian, and I dislike Don as much as the next guy, but he's right. If players like John Tavares, Tyler Myers, Steven Stamkos, Evander Kane, etc. had been granted permission to play, the tournament would have been a cakewalk for the Canadian squad, and there's no denying that.

Edited by The Mule

Guest micah

Cherry goes overboard sometimes. Okay, often. Still, I agree with him here.

Also, I get a kick out of children calling adults they've never met names like "*******". Takes me back to middle school.

Also, I get a kick out of children calling adults they've never met names like "*******". Takes me back to middle school.

'Adult'? He's a senior citizen. The guy next to him had to keep reminding him what he was talking about. Lol. His cheeks were puckering from all the sour grapes. Bottom line, if a person is on television to represent the NHL / hockey, he should be required to show a little class. Lose with a little dignity instead of trying to make excuses.

Edited by Miller Brew

I know this is an internet forum, but still I think this is worth saying:

Don Cherry is a completely stand up guy. You need to separate the "show" from his off air personality. The flashy, clownish clothes are just part of the persona.

I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Toronto Sun party. I introduced myself and asked him if he'd sign the mini hockey stick I picked up earlier in the day. I explained the stick was for my brother in law who was in a car accident and now was paralyzed. Don asked me to write down my address and he'd follow up with some other "stuff". Less than one week later, he sent an absolute TON of stuff, all very personalized (he even remembered my bro-in-law's name).

I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of professional athletes and while some of them are very grounded, none were as nice and honestly caring as Don Cherry.

Plus his rock 'em sock 'em techno CD's rule ;)

z

'Adult'? He's a senior citizen. The guy next to him had to keep reminding him what he was talking about. Lol. His cheeks were puckering from all the sour grapes. Bottom line, if a person is on television to represent the NHL / hockey, he should be required to show a little class. Lose with a little dignity instead of trying to make excuses.

He is just pointing out the obvious. That's what he does. The American's had a great tournament and I don't want to take that away from them but they did beat an average Canadian squad. You should still feel happy that you won but it is like the Soviets winning gold at the Olympics prior to pros being aloud. Yes you are the champs, but did you really beat the best?

None the less he should have just let it die. It's over.

He is just pointing out the obvious. That's what he does. The American's had a great tournament and I don't want to take that away from them but they did beat an average Canadian squad. You should still feel happy that you won but it is like the Soviets winning gold at the Olympics prior to pros being aloud. Yes you are the champs, but did you really beat the best?

None the less he should have just let it die. It's over.

He's on the NHL network crying about this and that instead of being a stand up classy guy. Not the kind of guy I would want representing my country. I would be ashamed if I was Canadian, after watching that.

Edited by Miller Brew

Guest micah
'Adult'? He's a senior citizen.

Uh-huh. Senior citizens are adults. Grown-ups. Cherry is a guy who has paid his dues and ought not be called "asslhole" repeatedly by a child who will quite likely never come near doing as much good for people in need as he has. He isn't an *******, by all acounts he's a very generous man. He plays the heel role on a TV show, that's his job - but he's far from being an ******* as best I can tell.

Tell you what. Maybe if you study the game and work real hard, you'll get to coach a team in the Cup finals and then make a career out of talking about hockey. Til then, I'll take your comentary on those who have been there and done that with a grain of salt, child.

I'm Canadian, and I dislike Don as much as the next guy, but he's right. If players like John Tavares, Tyler Myers, Steven Stamkos, Evander Kane, etc. had been granted permission to play, the tournament would have been a cakewalk for the Canadian squad, and there's no denying that.

Then why not the US players that had CHL rights that chose to play US Hockey, they should have been allowed to play as well?

Edited by Konnan511

I am going to laugh my ass off if the Russians win Gold in Vancouver!! That would make me so happy if Canada lost!!

Of course, the best would be if USA won, but I like Russia's chances more!!

Go anybody but Canada!!

Guest micah
He's on the NHL network crying about this and that instead of being a stand up classy guy. Not the kind of guy I would want representing my country. I would be ashamed if I was Canadian, after watching that.

You're the kind of person who becomes ashamed of their citizenship if one of your countrymen comes across as less than classy while discussing hockey on a television program? Really? Why would you allow another person to make you feel ashamed of your citizenship?

I'm not exactly proud of guys like Bill Maher, but the role he plays on television doesn't make me feel ashamed to be an American. I don't give people I disagree with that sort of power.

He's actually paid by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. He probably has no idea he is on the NHL network in the states.

It's not embarrassing because I think most Canadian's know the facts already about the players we were missing and where most of the American's play their hockey.

We all were thinking it. He was just saying it.

Uh-huh. Senior citizens are adults. Grown-ups. Cherry is a guy who has paid his dues and ought not be called "asslhole" repeatedly by a child who will quite likely never come near doing as much good for people in need as he has. He isn't an *******, by all acounts he's a very generous man. He plays the heel role on a TV show, that's his job - but he's far from being an ******* as best I can tell.

Tell you what. Maybe if you study the game and work real hard, you'll get to coach a team in the Cup finals and then make a career out of talking about hockey. Til then, I'll take your comentary on those who have been there and done that with a grain of salt, child.

Wow, must have struck a nerve for you to start the personal attacks and flaming. This is an internet message forum bub, nothing to get all shattered and broken up about. Take a deep breath, life will go on... I promise! Personal attacking people on the internet doesn't help prove your point.

Am I the only one who's noticed how high-strung these forums have generally seemed recently?

I agree. I've been a member since 2001/2002 here and the personal attacks this year are at an all time high. It's an internet message forum for the love of jeebuz. Some like to argue just to argue even when they have nothing to argue about... and when their argument runs stale and shallow, they resort to personal attacks.

It's just the internet. /shrugs

I agree. I've been a member since 2001/2002 here and the personal attacks this year are at an all time high. It's an internet message forum for the love of jeebuz. Some like to argue just to argue even when they have nothing to argue about... and when their argument runs stale and shallow, they resort to personal attacks.

It's just the internet. /shrugs

Why does it say you've only been a member since 2009??

Lol... as if there isn't miles and miles of footage in which one could make that determination.

He's passionate. There are worse crimes.