• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAL FILPPULA

Jiri Hudler back next season?

Rate this topic

and thanks for admitting that my arguement actually made sense and pertained to the sitaution rather than your ridiculous PPG CAREER argument.

I'd say looking into a crystal ball and saying that there is no doubt Hudler will "easily outscore" Frolov's career numbers is much more ridiculous than bringing out proven numbers.

But I love how pedantic you're being (www.dictionary.com). :D You really think that my entire argurment revolves around Frolov's career PPG? Again: you said that Hudler "easily beats" Frolov in the point production department based on what might happen in the future: not a very strong claim. I'm telling you that Frolov has proven himself to be better than what Hudler has thus far proven for himself. But, both of their first 3 years has similar point totals (And Hudler only beat Frolov in the third year because he played 13 less games), but obviously I know your "less ice time and inferior linemates" argument is coming, so I'll ask you in advance: Do you know Frolov's icetime and who he played with in his first years in the NHL? No,.I'm absolutely sure that you don't. Anyway my point being is that just for you, I'll call the point production thing a wash. I thought you might have gotten that the first two times around, so let's hope that the third time is the charm.

Insulting me isn't the same just stating the fact that 2.8 million is less than 3.5-4 million.

You also haven't seen me saying "OMG GUYS YEAH I TOTALLY KNOW HOLAND IS GOING TO TELL HUDLER TO f*** OFF AND AND HE'LL SIGN FROLOV YOU WATCH I KNOW". I'm just saying what I want to happen, not what I think will happen. In fact if I had to guess, I'd say Holland does keep Hudler if he returns and doesn't sign Frolov. But that doesn't mean that is what I want to happen or what I think is best.

and +2 points for bring out worthless 4chan bulls***. :thumbup:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I'd say looking into a crystal ball and saying that there is no doubt Hudler will "easily outscore" Frolov's career numbers is much more ridiculous than bringing out proven numbers.

But I love how pedantic you're being (www.dictionary.com). :D You really think that my entire argurment revolves around Frolov's career PPG? Again: you said that Hudler "easily beats" Frolov in the point production department based on what might happen in the future: not a very strong claim. I'm telling you that Frolov has proven himself to be better than what Hudler has thus far proven for himself. But, both of their first 3 years has similar point totals (And Hudler only beat Frolov in the third year because he played 13 less games), but obviously I know your "less ice time and inferior linemates" argument is coming, so I'll ask you in advance: Do you know Frolov's icetime and who he played with in his first years in the NHL? No,.I'm absolutely sure that you don't. Anyway my point being is that just for you, I'll call the point production thing a wash. I thought you might have gotten that the first two times around, so let's hope that the third time is the charm.

Insulting me isn't the same just stating the fact that 2.8 million is less than 3.5-4 million.

You also haven't seen me saying "OMG GUYS YEAH I TOTALLY KNOW HOLAND IS GOING TO TELL HUDLER TO f*** OFF AND AND HE'LL SIGN FROLOV YOU WATCH I KNOW". I'm just saying what I want to happen, not what I think will happen. In fact if I had to guess, I'd say Holland does keep Hudler if he returns and doesn't sign Frolov. But that doesn't mean that is what I want to happen or what I think is best.

and +2 points for bring out worthless 4chan bulls***. :thumbup:

Replying to the 1st Bolded Part: This is true, but Frolov recived top 6 minutes from day one in the NHL, ask any King's fan. But the arguement isn't about yesteryears, I was simply calling you out for using biased numbers that do not reflect on the current situation. Given last year's subpar season for Frolov, despite being having far superior linemates and ice time. Do you really believe that if Hudler was in Frolov's situation with his current linemates, he could not net 2 more points? Filppula is good but he is no ******* Kopitar, someone who Frolov played with for a good portion of the season last year, and before those he was playing with another gamebreaker in Mike Camallari. Stop making ridiculously posts based off unfair numbers and situations. If Man 1 is granted a Ferrari and Man 2 is granted a Chevy malibu, and they are told to race, regardless of driving ability Man 1 will win barring retardation. Hudler is just as good if not better than Frolov is NOW, and will easily be better in the future.

Replying to 2nd Bolded: So you are insituating that you know what is best for this team in this situation, rather than Ken Holland? Or the vast majority of this board besides the other Frolov lover Finnish Wing (see several posts just on page 3)?

I know you understand my point, but you are still not even addressing it in your posts. The past few years have nothing to do with who I want on this team, I only care about recent success. Recent evidence has shown that Frolov is no longer playing effectivily as Hudler is the past few seasons. Nice Raging brah.

Raging? :blink:

30 goals a subpar year? :blink:

I don't think there is any evidence to suggest that Frolov is declining. Yes, he seems to be having an off year, but so are a lot of players, and on this team even. I think it's illogical to think that he won't still be better than Hudler as he has been. (as he has been in every step of his career, both paralleling their 1st, 2nd, 3rd seasons and the past few years) Last year he had 30 goals, that's pretty good. On this team we barely have any 20 goal scorers, let alone 30.

Hudler? Hell yes... by all means I'd welcome him back. Many here thought the same about Bertuzzi after he left for more money with the Ducks. When think of Hudler, I remember the time in Vancouver that the Van announcers were gushing over Alex Edler, saying that he had unlimited potential and was one of the best young defensemen in the NHL. Well, Hudler promptly walked around Edler like he was waiting for a bus and just roofed it on Luongo.

If I could get more than double my salary at another job, I'd take it in a heart beat.

He is still making far more than the average person makes. He was being greedy and I hope hie is having fun in the Mafia league.

I'm sorry, but what the average person makes is irrelevant to a pro athlete's contract negotiations. For everyone who is pissed @ Hudler for going to the KHL because he didn't "want to be a Red Wing" is misguided. He stated that he only wanted to play for Detroit, no other team in the NHL. He had a chance to make $10 million over two seasons tax free. Or stay in the U.S. making $2.8 million and over 50% going to state and federal taxes. If you are telling me the "average guy" wouldn't have done that, I disagree. That is generational money that changes your family tree if done right. So, in reality, he went to the KHL to secure his future and not betray his NHL loyalty to the Red Wings.

I work at a Nursing home in management, and we have nurse aides who will quit, losing tons of PTO benefits, because another home in town will pay them a nickel more per hour! It makes no sense, and the average guy would take the money and run everytime.

someone draw up some line combos and ill see if i care to get him back or not

Franzen•Datsyuk•Cleary

Bertuzzi•Zetterberg•Holmstrom(I'd perfer him retire and sign free agent I.E-Bourque, Foligno)

Ferraro/Tartar•Flippula•Hudler

Draper•Helm•Eaves/Miller

Id love to see Bert come back as well, and to see Ferraro or Tartar will most likley not happen, it should be Leino but.......We also need to loose Malts, Williams and sign a solid free agent to play on the 2nd line with Z, I saw Foligno is available as is Rene Bourque (for now anyway) put Huds with Flip and either Abby or another GR rep (like tartar/Ferraro). Then have the most kick ass line four ever. Ok well not ever but, they are damn fast!

Edited by 13dangledangle

Why anybody would want Frolov over Hudler is completely beyond my comprehension.

If you're considering the type of contract Frolov would probably demand then I might agree, but Frolov has every bit of the offensive ability of Hudler, he's bigger and a better skater.

Hudler played scored 3 points in 12 games on the fourth line at age 19; Frolov played none.

Hudler was 20 during the lockout, and cannot be compared with Frolov's year at age 20.

Hudler played 4 and scored nothing on the fourth line at age 21, Frolov played 77 on the first line and scored 24 goals and 48 points.

Frolov was 22 during the lockout, so the two cannot be compared.

Hudler played 81 games and scored 13 goals and 41 points on the third line (13 minutes) at 23, Frolov played 69 and scored 21 and 54 on the first line (19 minutes).

Hudler played 82 games and scored 23 goals and 57 points on the third line (13 minutes) at 24, Frolov played 82 and scored 35 and 71 on the first line (20 minutes).

That lays out their careers and compares them. Now, if we set a projected level of total time for a 'first-liner' to play; say 1200 even-strength minutes, 250 PP minutes, and 150 PK minutes. Project the last two seasons listed to those totals and we come up with the following for total point production:

23 years old:

Alex Frolov: 26-38-64

Jiri Hudler: 17-38-55

24 years old:

Alex Frolov: 36-25-61

Jiri Hudler: 29-39-68

So while Frolov has a fair advantage in goals, The two are basically even in points. And given the fact Hudler has been playing with guys like Downey, Helm, Draper, and Maltby while Frolov has had Cammalleri, Kopitar, Brown, and Handzus on his line...it's fair to say that Hudler is the more offensively gifted player. Would I take Frolov on the Wings? Absolutely. Will he sign in Detroit as a UFA? Probably not for less than $5m. If Hudler decides to come back next season, there is no better bargain the Wings can find on the market. Hudler would be worth $4m-$5.5m as a UFA and the Wings have him locked up in his prime for under $3m. Given the "Happy New Year" story, it seems all the more likely he'll be back before July 1st.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I don't think there is any evidence to suggest that Frolov is declining. Yes, he seems to be having an off year, but so are a lot of players, and on this team even. I think it's illogical to think that he won't still be better than Hudler as he has been. (as he has been in every step of his career, both paralleling their 1st, 2nd, 3rd seasons and the past few years) Last year he had 30 goals, that's pretty good. On this team we barely have any 20 goal scorers, let alone 30.

To the Bolded: Yes because Franzen and Zetterberg would not be on pace for 30 goals if they weren't injured. Once again your lack of ability to take statistics in context and refusal to see common truths is amazing.

I'm not even going to waste my time with the rest of your post seeing as every single other poster on this thread has allready said what I was going to say.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

To the Bolded: Yes because Franzen and Zetterberg would not be on pace for 30 goals if they weren't injured. Once again your lack of ability to take statistics in context and refusal to see common truths is amazing.

I'm not even going to waste my time with the rest of your post seeing as every single other poster on this thread has allready said what I was going to say.

exactly even if he wanted to come back and as good as he was how can you let a guy back in your locker room after he walks away from the team when he seen hossa conklin samuelsson kopecky and then for him to leave money was more important to this guy then his team and team mates where so i say f*** him or let him come back and trade his ass!

remember everyone...it samuelsson we dont want back.

Sammy has 15 goals and 30 points so far this year; good for 1st in goals on the Wings (along with Holmer, and ahead of Datsyuk and Zetterberg) and 3rd in points. Go Sammy, Go!

Guest E_S_A_D

Please stay in KHL Jiri. You'll take valuable cap dollars away from a future DEDICATED Red Wing.