• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAL FILPPULA

Jiri Hudler back next season?

Rate this topic

Please stay in KHL Jiri. You'll take valuable cap dollars away from a future DEDICATED Red Wing.

I disagree and agree with the first or second post on this page.

If I was offered 10 million for two years I would take it. Plus he never turned his back on the Wings. It's not as if he pulled a Chelios (offending the Blackhawks) or something. He went to the KHL.. it's not like he is Hossa or Federov.

The matter is that we don't have a guy of his offensive ability on the third line. Maybe Helm... in time, but right now Hudler's numbers fromt the past are impressive.

Edited by Russian Houdini

I actually miss seeing Hudler in the Red Wings jersey. He was one player that you would expect to come up with a goal when the team needed it... and he did. On quite a few occasions. It would be shocking when he got it because out of all them goal scorers that Detroit had, he would be the dependable when things were lookin sour...... This year is like getting squirted in the eye with lemon juice, that sour.... Bring back Hudlahhhh....

Interesting numbers...

The Wings started the season with 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders.

Had Jiri Hudler stayed, it would have meant no Williams or Bertuzzi. Had Hudler performed exactly as he did last season, his numbers would look as follows:

13g-19a-32pt, +4, 3PPG, 8PIM, 1GWG, 85sht, 15.3%, 614:16 TOI

Compared to the following for Williams and Bertuzzi combined:

14g-18a-32pt, -9, 5PPG, 60PIM, 4GWG, 167sht, 8.4%, 831:42 TOI

Hudler would be cheaper, and provide the same amount of offense (more actually; Williams and Bertuzzi have scored points together on at least a couple plays I am aware of) in less time than the combination of Williams and Bertuzzi.

And furthering the point; Hudler would be scoring at a much higher rate than he did last season. You know this. I know this. We all know it. Bertuzzi is worth $1.5m as a UFA. Williams is worth $1.5m as a UFA. Hudler is worth at least $5m+ were he a UFA. Yet he would cost the team half that.

"Hudler's slow in a fast league!" Not too slow to be one of the league's most effective scorers last season. Gretzky was slow in a fast league. He was pretty effective. It's not how fast you are, it's what you can do with the speed you have. Huds isn't slow; he's quicker than average. He's just slower than many Wings forwards, as the Wings typically draft speedy guys with decent puck skills (system, hello?)

"Hudler's small and soft!" And he still puts up big scoring numbers in all situations. If his size were a problem, he wouldn't be doing that. He goes into the corners and crashes the net. He has the size and strength disadvantage, and that hurts his chances of winning the battles, but he is feisty and gritty despite his size.

Edited by eva unit zero

To the Bolded: Yes because Franzen and Zetterberg would not be on pace for 30 goals if they weren't injured. Once again your lack of ability to take statistics in context and refusal to see common truths is amazing.

I'm not even going to waste my time with the rest of your post seeing as every single other poster on this thread has allready said what I was going to say.

I'm not trying to bash Z, but just because you think you're so smart: based on Zetterberg's current goals per game, even if he played 82 games he wouldn't get even 25, let alone 30. He missed 8 games, not half a season. His lack of goal scoring has nothing to do with injury and you're a fool if you think otherwise. Prior to his injury he went 9 games without a goal. Don't call me an idiot and then say you're not worried about Z's goal scoring.

And OH I'M SO SORRY I overlooked Franzen who has played 3 games this season.

So people say that our PP is horrible so we need Hudler back, and I say that we need goals so Frolov, a 30 goal scorer last season would be nice. And while both of those shortcomings of our team are based (at least somewhat) off injury, only I'm the idiot?

exactly even if he wanted to come back and as good as he was how can you let a guy back in your locker room after he walks away from the team when he seen hossa conklin samuelsson kopecky and then for him to leave money was more important to this guy then his team and team mates where so i say f*** him or let him come back and trade his ass!

Here's how he comes back:

Walks into dressing room. "Hi Nick, Ozzie, Drapes, fellas. How's it going. I sure hope you all realize that my leaving was nothing personal, it was strictly business. I am here now, and I want to win."

Every other player in the dressing room kind of looks internally and asks themself, "Would I have done the same thing to secure my future? After all, this is just a job for me." Each answers yes in his own internal monologue. Then someone makes a joke about how cold it is in Russia.

Very simple. You just have to have some perspective. Whether the wings win the cup may be life or death to you, but not me and not them.

It's things like this and the previous post that make me wonder why Hudler was left off the Czech team for Vancouver.

And here's another video that shows just how big, physical Canadian defensemen will prevent Hudler from being effective. It also shows how 'slow' a skater he is.

Looked like he walked right around Phaneuf on that play, and if you look at about 0:25 to 0:35, Hudler is basically the fastest skating guy on the ice.

It's things like this and the previous post that make me wonder why Hudler was left off the Czech team for Vancouver.

Looked like he walked right around Phaneuf on that play, and if you look at about 0:25 to 0:35, Hudler is basically the fastest skating guy on the ice.

Here's one of little Jiri being afraid to go to net in traffic, and the Wings suffering dearly for his cowardice. :lol: