• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

Your ability to not comprehend situational numbers is distressing and makes me lose faith in the public school system.

Wow that was a really good one! you're definitely right about hudler now! In fact, can you teach me to write such zingers?

Actually, I'm just kidding. Hudler's "PPM" is marginally better than Frolov's at both ES and PP (and at such small margin's it's completely asinine to take any stock in those numbers). I would hardly consider that "easily outscored" Frolov. You sure do like to exaggerate. And what relevance does what he's on pace for have? Datsyuk is on pace for 70 points, pretty low for him. So maybe it's possible for players to have off seasons, how does that grab you?

And when I mention Frolov's PPG, I only mention it to say that Hudler doesn't "easily beat" Frolov in the point production category by any stretch of the imagination. Proven is better than what you think could happen. Again, the exaggerating thing. Oh and LEARN CONTEXT & COMPREHENTION "LULZ"

Anyway I'm bored now. I hope you enjoy yourself if you reply.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 11 January 2010 - 01:38 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#42 VAL FILPPULA

VAL FILPPULA

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 11, 2010 - 01:10AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hudler was making 1.15 on an RFA contract. He was due for a raise. I forget offhand what he got in arbitration, but I believe it was just over 2. In the KHL he's making something like 5 per year.
(I'm going from memory. If someone remembers exactly, please correct me.)

So let me ask you this:
Suppose you are making $20,000 a year at your job. You know you deserve a raise. Your boss says they can't fit it into the budget right now.

Do you:
a) keep working for $20,000 a year.
b) go to a competitor who will pay you what you are worth (~$40,000) and take the risk of never returning.
c) make an agreement to come back to your company for $40,000 per year when they can afford you, and then go to a non-competitor and make $80,000 for a couple of years whilst gaining valuable experience that will serve you well when you return to your own company.

I've been with the same company for 11 years, and I know what I'd do. I'd take option C.

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Save DD13!!!!

#43 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ January 11, 2010 - 01:30AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow that was a really good one! you're definitely right about hudler now! In fact, can you teach me to write such zingers?

Actually, I'm just kidding. Hudler's "PPM" is marginally better than Frolov's at both ES and PP (and at such small margin's it's completely asinine to take any stock in those numbers). I would hardly consider that "easily outscored" Frolov. You sure do like to exaggerate. And what relevance does what he's on pace for have? Datsyuk is on pace for 70 points, pretty low for him. So maybe it's possible for players to have off seasons, how does that grab you?

And when I mention Frolov's PPG, I only mention it to say that Hudler doesn't "easily beat" Frolov in the point production category by any stretch of the imagination. Proven is better than what you think could happen. Again, the exaggerating thing. Oh and LEARN CONTEXT & COMPREHENTION "LULZ"

Anyway I'm bored now. I hope you enjoy yourself if you reply.

http://encyclopediad...er_Man_Argument

Also considering you mocked my true statement about Hudler's salary as "good math skills" I believe we were both guilty of "zingers", and you instigated it.

Enjoy watching Frolov sign with a team other than the Wings this offseason and watch him be a massive dissapointment, and thanks for admitting that my arguement actually made sense and pertained to the sitaution rather than your ridiculous PPG CAREER argument.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 11 January 2010 - 02:25 AM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#44 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

*Incoming hysterical post by "eva unit zero" soon to appear in this thread*

#45 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

I wish he was already here. We could use his ability to "snipe" some goals.

#46 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

Hudler + bertuzzi/Williams is much better than frolov.
Hudler could take guys like helm and eaves and make a bonafide scoring line out of it.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#47 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:52 AM

I certainly hope not.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#48 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (egroen @ January 11, 2010 - 03:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hudler + bertuzzi/Williams is much better than frolov.
Hudler could take guys like helm and eaves and make a bonafide scoring line out of it.
Depends on how you're building your team. If you want to have two clear scoring lines and two clear checking lines, I'd rather pick one good guy than two medium. Maybe Cleary's role should be more defensive in the future?
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#49 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (Finnish Wing @ January 11, 2010 - 09:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends on how you're building your team. If you want to have two clear scoring lines and two clear checking lines, I'd rather pick one good guy than two medium. Maybe Cleary's role should be more defensive in the future?

Although all 4 cups have come with the wings rolling 4 lines, and with a lot of depth scoring. Tougher to do with a cap, but hudler at such a price helps a lot. If your top lines are also checking lines it is nice if your checking lines can also chip in offensively.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#50 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

I will never fully understand this love of Frolov simply because there is no basis for it. I also fail to see why people think he would sign here anyways. Frolov is nothing special. He has 27 points in 44 games which is not as worrying as his -11 rating. Frolov has size which sounds good until you relaize that he plays as if he is Hudler's size. Hudler at his cap hit is all we need. There is a lot of hate towards Hudler because he bolted for the KHL. Big deal. Five million tax free dollars for a season's work is not something many would pass up. Hudler is a top line player in the KHL and he is not doing too badly. 37 points in 40 games with 6 of his 14 goals coming on the PP. His goal scoring on the PP should not be a surprise but he is putting up numbers on the top line as shown by his point per game numbers. The Red Wings PP has obviously been awful this season. So, could the Wings use Hudler? Yes they could, especially on the PP. In a straight comparison, Hudler trumps Frolov any day of the week. Hudler has also scored a couple of big goals for the Wings in the playoffs which of course is foreign territory for Frolov. Hudler did a lot in minimal ice time which is something a lot of people here fail to realize. Hudler can be a pretty productive player on this team if he is given the chance to be. I personally think that he will stay in Russia, make his 10 million and then come back to Detroit a more developed player.

#51 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:12 PM

For the love of God let that soft lazy euro stay where he belongs.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#52 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ January 11, 2010 - 12:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Part of being a Wings fan is that you think every player wants to play for them.

We are turning into Toronto sad.gif

#53 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (EZBAKETHAGANGSTA @ January 11, 2010 - 02:14AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and thanks for admitting that my arguement actually made sense and pertained to the sitaution rather than your ridiculous PPG CAREER argument.

I'd say looking into a crystal ball and saying that there is no doubt Hudler will "easily outscore" Frolov's career numbers is much more ridiculous than bringing out proven numbers.

But I love how pedantic you're being (www.dictionary.com). biggrin.gif You really think that my entire argurment revolves around Frolov's career PPG? Again: you said that Hudler "easily beats" Frolov in the point production department based on what might happen in the future: not a very strong claim. I'm telling you that Frolov has proven himself to be better than what Hudler has thus far proven for himself. But, both of their first 3 years has similar point totals (And Hudler only beat Frolov in the third year because he played 13 less games), but obviously I know your "less ice time and inferior linemates" argument is coming, so I'll ask you in advance: Do you know Frolov's icetime and who he played with in his first years in the NHL? No,.I'm absolutely sure that you don't. Anyway my point being is that just for you, I'll call the point production thing a wash. I thought you might have gotten that the first two times around, so let's hope that the third time is the charm.

Insulting me isn't the same just stating the fact that 2.8 million is less than 3.5-4 million.

You also haven't seen me saying "OMG GUYS YEAH I TOTALLY KNOW HOLAND IS GOING TO TELL HUDLER TO f*** OFF AND AND HE'LL SIGN FROLOV YOU WATCH I KNOW". I'm just saying what I want to happen, not what I think will happen. In fact if I had to guess, I'd say Holland does keep Hudler if he returns and doesn't sign Frolov. But that doesn't mean that is what I want to happen or what I think is best.

and +2 points for bring out worthless 4chan bulls***. thumbup.gif

#54 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

I'd take him back. Detroit took back Sergei after holding out and signing an offer sheet with Carolina, did they not?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#55 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

Maybe Pavel can sneak him out of Russia in a duffel bag?

Edited by Rivalred, 11 January 2010 - 12:52 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ January 11, 2010 - 12:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Pavel can sneak him out of Russia in a duffel bag?

That instantly made me think of.....

"Jiri Hudler. He's evil, he wants to take over the world, and he fits easily into most overhead storage bins."

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#57 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ January 11, 2010 - 12:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say looking into a crystal ball and saying that there is no doubt Hudler will "easily outscore" Frolov's career numbers is much more ridiculous than bringing out proven numbers.

But I love how pedantic you're being (www.dictionary.com). biggrin.gif You really think that my entire argurment revolves around Frolov's career PPG? Again: you said that Hudler "easily beats" Frolov in the point production department based on what might happen in the future: not a very strong claim. I'm telling you that Frolov has proven himself to be better than what Hudler has thus far proven for himself. But, both of their first 3 years has similar point totals (And Hudler only beat Frolov in the third year because he played 13 less games), but obviously I know your "less ice time and inferior linemates" argument is coming, so I'll ask you in advance: Do you know Frolov's icetime and who he played with in his first years in the NHL? No,.I'm absolutely sure that you don't. Anyway my point being is that just for you, I'll call the point production thing a wash. I thought you might have gotten that the first two times around, so let's hope that the third time is the charm.

Insulting me isn't the same just stating the fact that 2.8 million is less than 3.5-4 million.

You also haven't seen me saying "OMG GUYS YEAH I TOTALLY KNOW HOLAND IS GOING TO TELL HUDLER TO f*** OFF AND AND HE'LL SIGN FROLOV YOU WATCH I KNOW". I'm just saying what I want to happen, not what I think will happen. In fact if I had to guess, I'd say Holland does keep Hudler if he returns and doesn't sign Frolov. But that doesn't mean that is what I want to happen or what I think is best.

and +2 points for bring out worthless 4chan bulls***. thumbup.gif

Replying to the 1st Bolded Part: This is true, but Frolov recived top 6 minutes from day one in the NHL, ask any King's fan. But the arguement isn't about yesteryears, I was simply calling you out for using biased numbers that do not reflect on the current situation. Given last year's subpar season for Frolov, despite being having far superior linemates and ice time. Do you really believe that if Hudler was in Frolov's situation with his current linemates, he could not net 2 more points? Filppula is good but he is nof****** Kopitar, someone who Frolov played with for a good portion of the season last year, and before those he was playing with another gamebreaker in Mike Camallari. Stop making ridiculously posts based off unfair numbers and situations. If Man 1 is granted a Ferrari and Man 2 is granted a Chevy malibu, and they are told to race, regardless of driving ability Man 1 will win barring retardation. Hudler is just as good if not better than Frolov is NOW, and will easily be better in the future.

Replying to 2nd Bolded: So you are insituating that you know what is best for this team in this situation, rather than Ken Holland? Or the vast majority of this board besides the other Frolov lover Finnish Wing (see several posts just on page 3)?

I know you understand my point, but you are still not even addressing it in your posts. The past few years have nothing to do with who I want on this team, I only care about recent success. Recent evidence has shown that Frolov is no longer playing effectivily as Hudler is the past few seasons. Nice Raging brah.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#58 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hudler is a pretty good hockey player and has tones'o'potential so anyone who would not want him back is just a silly goose in my opinion!

Come back happy!!!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#59 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

Would love to see him back.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#60 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

Raging? blink.gif

30 goals a subpar year? blink.gif

I don't think there is any evidence to suggest that Frolov is declining. Yes, he seems to be having an off year, but so are a lot of players, and on this team even. I think it's illogical to think that he won't still be better than Hudler as he has been. (as he has been in every step of his career, both paralleling their 1st, 2nd, 3rd seasons and the past few years) Last year he had 30 goals, that's pretty good. On this team we barely have any 20 goal scorers, let alone 30.