• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

I wish this game ws at the Joe, so that these losers could get the reception they deserve at the end of the game! Of course, the Joe would already be empty by now.

Are we going to get a post-game interview from Babcock, or is he going to hide like he did a few other times this year?

Guest E_S_A_D

I didn't think it was possible for an NHL team not to have initiated a fight or play gritty after getting embarressed 5-0. Oh wait, we scratched May for the power producer in Leino.

Also, Abdelkader has proved to me in this game alone that he will be sent down to Grand Rapids. Mr. Tough Guy didn't do one thning a 4th liner should.

Doesn't matter, Osgood can't stop the puck. Therefore Osbad sucks. It's not rocket science.

Your use of the word "Osbad" tells me everything I need to know about you. And none of it's good. But it sure as hell is useful for me.

Seriously though, Osgood actually thinks he deserves to play more games?

yeesh.

You are seriously going to judge him off half a game coming in cold for his first game in 10 games where the defense has been ECHL caliber and the offense possibly even worse.

Howard was just as bad this game as Osgood. Does that mean he doesn't deserve to start anymore and that the Wings now have no goaltender.

No it means that this was a terrible game by everyone on the Wings. The offense the defense both goalies...

they all played poorly.

Ozzie deserves an actual chance before you all write him off as a has been.

Brad Stuart -5.

MINUS FIVE.

I saw that, which is too bad. Minus the major turnover (which happens to every Dman once in a while), I think he's had an ok game. He made a couple plays around his own net that prevented even more scoring chances.

Dats with 0 SOG, -1, a bad penalty, and 2 giveaways.

Zetterberg hasn't been noticeable either, though he at least managed 3 SOG and is even, with 2 giveaways.

Getting these players back hasn't rejuvenated this team. Hell it looks like it's done the opposite.

well shutting us out isnt that good of an accomplishment anymore

but damn embarrassing

-5 for stuart cant play a much worse game then that huh

16 shots? nice

now the rangers devils game is exciting

Edited by brett

I didn't think it was possible for an NHL team not to have initiated a fight or play gritty after getting embarressed 5-0. Oh wait, we scratched May for the power producer in Leino.

Also, Abdelkader has proved to me in this game alone that he will be sent down to Grand Rapids. Mr. Tough Guy didn't do one thning a 4th liner should.

You spend at least 6 hours a day trying to blow yourself, don't you?

Yeah I guess not playing since mid December, having to get thrown into the middle of a game with a three goal deficit already, and having your team look like the Farmington Flames house hockey team doesn't have anything to do with his poor play.

START HOWARD NEXT GAME HE IS OUR ONLY CHANCE.

Wow. Some perspective. No cheapshots. No idiot name-calling. Just looking at the big picture. Heart, keep beating.

goddamn it Rafalski, I don't know how many times this year he tries to shoot it from the middle of the ice with a defender right in front of him and it gets blocked almost every time, and yet he keeps trying it!!! we have no movement on the PP, we all just stand there, shift around, pass around the perimeter, stand around some more, make a sloppy pass or take a low-percentage shot from the outside, then run back down the ice to retrieve the puck and suck it up all over again

The rest of the team had nothing to do with Osgood's gaping 5-hole on that first goal. That's not rust. That's lack of focus. Not what you would expect from someone who supposedly wants to play.

I'm sick of people stating stuff like this like it's fact. I played the goaltending position for 13 years before I shattered my knee cap in a car accicent. It is rust...Ozzie may have a 5 hole problem, but lack of focus it's not. You need to get a rhythm...end of story. Pro or not, you don't play for 3-4 games, that throws you off. 10 games? Christ! Then thrown into this mess?

I just wanted to say this because people state crap on this forums like it's easy. It's not easy to come back from a 10 game break (practice does NOT count), and expect to play like you did in the play offs. Not to mention your team is leaving BOTH goalies out to dry.

Again I speak from experience. Pro or no, you need to get things oiled. Anyway, you'll probably find a way/reply to discredit anything I've said here.

BTW...we got shut out. Howard, the "saviour", still would have lost this game. The team sucked. The defense sucked. The Offense sucked...in the end the goalies sucked, but not because it's their fault, though. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The goalie is better off with a 5 on 0 then having 5 people on your team not clicking, turning over the puck or screening you or just making your like difficult. The wings, with the way the played today, should have bowed out in the defensive zone...Goalies would have had a better chance to make saves.

You are seriously going to judge him off half a game coming in cold for his first game in 10 games where the defense has been ECHL caliber and the offense possibly even worse.

Howard was just as bad this game as Osgood. Does that mean he doesn't deserve to start anymore and that the Wings now have no goaltender.

No it means that this was a terrible game by everyone on the Wings. The offense the defense both goalies...

they all played poorly.

Ozzie deserves an actual chance before you all write him off as a has been.

Changing goalies in the middle of the game is not a white flag and doesn't excuse Osgood from allowing some pretty ugly goals. You would think that, at the very least, Osgood would come in and try to show Babcock that he was wrong. I'm not so sure he did that.

It's pretty funny to me that after the way the Wings played tonight, a couple of the same people focus on Osgood.

Yes, because that was the key to this loss. :rolleyes:

Tonight wasn't about goaltending. This team got beat to every puck. I don't know that I've seen the Wings look less interested in playing hockey.

Who Started this game? I guess He's done too? huh? D-Bag!

It wasn't Howards fault that the team played bad, Osgood was put in to change the momentum, not punish Howard. And guess what happened? OSBAD LETS IN HORRIBLE GOALS. No wonder he's been benched. Time to send Osgood back down to GR, let's get Larsson up here, Osgood needs his time out again...

Red Wing's are way too loyal, Osbad should of been done 5 years ago.

edit: Osgood showed no urgency at all, I'm not even sure he still wants to be in the NHL...

Edited by Carman

Osgood looks like Dan Cloutier out there. Can we waive Osgood and get Cloutier? He'd be a damn upgrade over Osbad. What a sieve, embarrasing. How is he still in the NHL? WOW, NO WONDER Babcock's had to rely on a rookie so much.

Is Osgood addicted to drugs or alcohol? That's practically the only excuse he has for this abortion of a goaltending performance...

Yup and Howard looked like a ******* Veznia winner out there tonight.

In Howard's worst game in over 2 months due to piss poor play in front of him lets expect the goalie who hasn't seen game action in 10 games save the day when the team played equally s***ty in front of him.

By your logic not only should we waive Ozzie and pick up Cloutier we should waive Howard to and pick up Jocelyn Thibault.

Thats the solution, the whole team played like s*** and lets blame it on Osgood.

Datsyuk Zetterberg and Bert turned the puck over for 60 minutes...s*** Ozzie's fault

Rafalski had his feet in cement and tried to skate...Ozzie's fault.

Anyone trying to pin Ozzie to a poor performance tonight is giving 19 other players a free pass that don't deserve it and claiming Ozzie is through because they hate him.

20 players played like s*** tonight, no one player worse than the other.

Let Ozzie play a game with a team in front of him for 60 minutes before you claim he is Dan Cloutier 2.0

If Osgood had anything left in the tank, he would of fired up his team and used his vast experience to inspire at least himself to have a good outing.

Instead he just chokes like usually and let's in 2 horrible goals and completely take away anything little hope the Red Wing's had.

This way his chance and he absolutely blew it, his career is done.

SOOOO BAD OSGOOD SOOOO BAD NO TIP JUST A CLEAN SHOT FROM THE BLUE LINE.

I'm sorry that's just awful goaltending.

MODS: When does incessant commentary about the same subject by the same poster become baiting/trolling? How many posts does it take on the same subject, i.e. "Osbad" before this type of poster completely de-rails a thread?