• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

It's pretty funny to me that after the way the Wings played tonight, a couple of the same people focus on Osgood.

Yes, because that was the key to this loss. :rolleyes:

Tonight wasn't about goaltending. This team got beat to every puck. I don't know that I've seen the Wings look less interested in playing hockey.

I saw it that was as well.... :thumbup:

A SHAME!

Bye Bye Playoffs :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Time to shake something...

The way we play the games this season is frustrating...

That's a non-team!

Babcock please make something...Holland please trade 2 or 3 crappy players for 1 or 2 REAL players and a good pick!

What a f***in joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what the f*** ever happened to sending a player down for conditioning after an injury? Zetterburg has been USELESS since he came back just like at the beginning of the season after missing most of training camp!!!!!! WHINE a little lowder for more starts Ozzie you looked GREAT tonight...........

MODS: When does incessant commentary about the same subject by the same poster become baiting/trolling? How many posts does it take on the same subject, i.e. "Osbad" before this type of poster completely de-rails a thread?

Sorry, I'm not happy when my team's so-called "veteran Stanley Cup champion" looks like a 6 year old in an important NHL game. He showed no urgency, he let in awful goals, and I'm not happy.

Osgood looks like Dan Cloutier out there. Can we waive Osgood and get Cloutier? He'd be a damn upgrade over Osbad. What a sieve, embarrasing. How is he still in the NHL? WOW, NO WONDER Babcock's had to rely on a rookie so much.

Is Osgood addicted to drugs or alcohol? That's practically the only excuse he has for this abortion of a goaltending performance...

MODS: Same questions as above? Thank you.

It's pretty funny to me that after the way the Wings played tonight, a couple of the same people focus on Osgood.

Tonight wasn't about goaltending. This team got beat to every puck. I don't know that I've seen the Wings look less interested in playing hockey.

I don't think people are focusing on Osgood in terms of winning the game. But he let in some really ugly goals and it just makes you wonder why he wouldn't come in, even in a losing effort, and show what he is capable of.

I know some people like to divide the goalie camps, but I think you would be surprised how many so called Osgood haters want nothing more than to see Osgood get his game back.

You are seriously going to judge him off half a game coming in cold for his first game in 10 games where the defense has been ECHL caliber and the offense possibly even worse.

Howard was just as bad this game as Osgood. Does that mean he doesn't deserve to start anymore and that the Wings now have no goaltender.

No it means that this was a terrible game by everyone on the Wings. The offense the defense both goalies...

they all played poorly.

Ozzie deserves an actual chance before you all write him off as a has been.

Howard was definitely not bad tonight. He didn't have any help at all and made some nice saves when he had to. Ozzie had no help but still did f*** all. It isn't fair to judge him on this I know but Howard didn't play that bad condiering who played in front of him.

It wasn't Howards fault that the team played bad, Osgood was put in to change the momentum, not punish Howard. And guess what happened? OSBAD LETS IN HORRIBLE GOALS. No wonder he's been benched. Time to send Osgood back down to GR, let's get Larsson up here, Osgood needs his time out again...

Red Wing's are way too loyal, Osbad should of been done 5 years ago.

edit: Osgood showed no urgency at all, I'm not even sure he still wants to be in the NHL...

You must of been drinking after the 1st period.....

5 years??? Ha Ha Ha Ha Your THEEEEE ONLY one who thinks that... so If one person calls you a nut....Its prolly not true But so far I have seen about 6 -7 disagree with your posts,

I guess the rest were smart and have you ignored already.......

It's probably already been said, but Los Angeles lost tonight, too - so we're still only 1 point out of the 8th spot with a game in hand.

Games in hand don't mean s*** if you can't win them and it seems as though everytime the Wings get close they s*** A BIG TURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wave bye-bye to the playoffs this team is garbage.

What a bunch of chumps.

Too soon to say that. At this point, though, missing the playoffs is more than a possibility.

FSD is already talking about injuries being a huge problem.

Apparently, everyone on the top line must be injured along with Rafalski and Lidstrom. No more excuses need to be made. The leaders on this team need to lead by example every game. Until then, we'll continue to have games like this and these shutouts which are getting a little old.

It wasn't Howards fault that the team played bad, Osgood was put in to change the momentum, not punish Howard. And guess what happened? OSBAD LETS IN HORRIBLE GOALS. No wonder he's been benched. Time to send Osgood back down to GR, let's get Larsson up here, Osgood needs his time out again...

Red Wing's are way too loyal, Osbad should of been done 5 years ago.

edit: Osgood showed no urgency at all, I'm not even sure he still wants to be in the NHL...

Osgood let in goals that were caused by turnovers and terrible defense. This game was on the entire team. Ozzie didn;t play well but neither did Howard or the 18 players in front of either of them.

And guess what...Larsson is so good they have been playing Pearce in front of him because his GAA went up almost 0.5 in the last few weeks.

SO yeah a goalie that is struggling in the AHL is definitely going to replace a guy that has not even really been struggling in the NHL, has just been outplayed by another guy.

In my opinion, this game was pretty important. No one showed up tonight. The Wings are going to need some winning streaks longer than a couple games if they want to make the playoffs. Nobody is going to let them win.

Osgood let in goals that were caused by turnovers and terrible defense. This game was on the entire team. Ozzie didn;t play well but neither did Howard or the 18 players in front of either of them.

And guess what...Larsson is so good they have been playing Pearce in front of him because his GAA went up almost 0.5 in the last few weeks.

SO yeah a goalie that is struggling in the AHL is definitely going to replace a guy that has not even really been struggling in the NHL, has just been outplayed by another guy.

We would of been better off pulling Osgood and playing 6 on 5 the rest of the game.

Cujo needs to unretire so we can get rid of Osgood.

Agreed.

This place is unbearable after losses.

In my opinion, this game was pretty important. No one showed up tonight. The Wings are going to need some winning streaks longer than a couple games if they want to make the playoffs. Nobody is going to let them win.

I'm beginning to think that what we really need is for one of those teams above us to got into a horrific tailspin.

Maybe LA will lose 15 games in a row or something.

Interview with Babcock on FSD. Oh oh, this should be good.

I'm sick of people stating stuff like this like it's fact. I played the goaltending position for 13 years before I shattered my knee cap in a car accicent. It is rust...Ozzie may have a 5 hole problem, but lack of focus it's not. You need to get a rhythm...end of story. Pro or not, you don't play for 3-4 games, that throws you off. 10 games? Christ! Then thrown into this mess?

I just wanted to say this because people state crap on this forums like it's easy. It's not easy to come back from a 10 game break (practice does NOT count), and expect to play like you did in the play offs. Not to mention your team is leaving BOTH goalies out to dry.

Again I speak from experience. Pro or no, you need to get things oiled. Anyway, you'll probably find a way/reply to discredit anything I've said here.

BTW...we got shut out. Howard, the "saviour", still would have lost this game. The team sucked. The defense sucked. The Offense sucked...in the end the goalies sucked, but not because it's their fault, though. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The goalie is better off with a 5 on 0 then having 5 people on your team not clicking, turning over the puck or screening you or just making your like difficult. The wings, with the way the played today, should have bowed out in the defensive zone...Goalies would have had a better chance to make saves.

:thumbup: I would add that Babcock doesn't look all that good in this mess either. I believe he's screwed things up with how he's used his goalies. And specifically tonight, he obviously came up with no plan to shake up the troops, either with their passing, defending their goalie or with figuring out how to deal with the Islander's forechecking. Not good.

What are you talking about? Everybody sucked. How was goaltending not key? Hardly any of those goals should have gone in. Had Osgood not let any goals in we still would have lost 3-0. Everyone was a part of this lost. Everybody sucked. Every single person.

Osgood is just the most disappointing because he wanted a chance to show Babcock what he's got. And I'm an Ozzie fan.

This was a disgusting loss. No other word for it.

7 times shut out? Embarassing.

Are we overreacting? Maybe, maybe not. This is the same old song and dance all season. The optimists can't pretend it's just injuries or that we'll get better, they've had all season to improve and they haven't really. The pessimists also can't say the season is over.

The one thing this team is is unpredictable and inconsistent. That could get them into the playoffs or it could make them lose.

Who give a flying f*** about fights when you just lost 6-0. you act like that stupid bulls*** matters. Fights would not have changed anything. holy s***.

Haven't you ever seen Slapshot?

Fights can bring a struggling team together through male bonding.

Wow. Check the skies. More depth and perspective on the real problems that this TEAM faces. Along with their coaches.