• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

You can't handle what I have. It's called optimism, and it's not for the faint of heart. Pessimism is for gutless cowards. Chew on that for awhile.

Okay that sounded more hash than intended, sorry. Now go grow a pair.

Self righteousness is for gutless cowards as well.

No reason to talk smack just because people have a different viewpoint than you. Blind homerism isn't the only viewpoint there is, you know.

You can't handle what I have. It's called optimism, and it's not for the faint of heart. Pessimism is for gutless cowards. Chew on that for awhile.

It wasn't meant to sound like that. I wish that I and 99 percent of others on LGW could have your optomism all the time. You're able to find good in anything really, something that not many are able to do.

Damn...

I missed this one due to a rehearsal and I had this strange feeling driving home that we probably got destroyed. It would happen after the last few games.

I watched the summary on NHL.com and man, what an ugly story just that was. It didn't take much video to see no one had their legs tonight.

You can't expect Howard to stop everything every night and it's tough to get on his case for the goals based on what I saw in the replays. I'm surprised Babcock pulled him (based on the video summary) considering it seemed like it was the defense that kept letting him down. Was he otherwise bad or something?

And Osgood's goals were weaker no doubt, but I'm not really surprised or upset given all the circumstances. Probably not the worst way to break the bench streak in some ways as he can't get too upset at himself given the nature of where the game already was and where the team's heads seemed to be. If you're going to be rusty, might as well lose a little rust in a game that's already lost.

I mean, after all, the 2010 Red Wings (as of this point at least...) can't really be expected to come back from a 3-0 deficit. We have a hard enough time putting 1-2 goals up some games let alone 3 when we're already back against a wall.

Whatever.

I'm not upset at all. It was a solid road trip and we proved that even in a battered state we can still skate with the better teams in the league.

We'll be fine.

But seriously those who are worried we are not going to make the playoffs need to realize we are a nice win streak away from top 5 in the conference. Only the top 2. Sharks and Hawks are probably unreachable, even with a lot of games left to be played. The Wings will rebound against Carolina on Thursday. This weekend will be important though, and the game is finally going to be on t.v. for me on Sunday!

GMR.. maybe you are right mate.

But I will attribute this loss to fatigue and see if we can rebound against Carolina. It was a pretty heavy road trip and we had some good moments and some bad ones.

Hopefully the true wings will come out.. as much as we have been disappointed with the results this season.

If we lose badly to Carolina then I will start to really worry.

I don't remember playing the Islanders in 2007/08, unless you're talking about another season.

You are correct about not playing them in 2008. We played them in 2009 and lost 2-0 and rolled on to the finals.

Red Wings beat Islander the only game we played them in 2007 4-3 OT on January 30, 2007.

Edited by Miller Brew

You are correct about not playing them in 2008. We played them in 2009 and lost 2-0 and rolled on to the finals.

Red Wings beat Islander the only game we played them in 2007 4-3 OT on January 30, 2007.

I remember that game. I turned it off at the end of the 2nd period with Detroit losing by 3 and woke up expecting to see a loss and got angry when I didn't stick around to see them rally.

Self righteousness is for gutless cowards as well.

No reason to talk smack just because people have a different viewpoint than you. Blind homerism isn't the only viewpoint there is, you know.

First of all, leave "gutless" in 2009.

Second, we've got 52 points in 45 games and we're 6 points shy of 3rd in the conference. I don't think we'll catch Chicago for the division but I didn't think we'd beat them out for it before all the injuries. This isn't blind homerism, this is a good team that has found ways to win despite more adversity than any other team in the league has had to deal with thus far. That's something to be excited about considering we're going to be getting Kronwall and Franzen back which will help our production (our biggest and really our only serious problem) significantly.

I have no doubt that we'll break some of these shutouts earlier once we get those guys back which will help our momentum tremendously in these ugly games (and there have been a lot this year to be sure...) and that will translate to more points. We can skate with San Jose now. We'll be toe and toe with Chicago when we're healthy.

Another thing to consider is that there are bound to be some more teams on the back end that pick up their game down the stretch and handing more losses to the top 8 teams now. I think St. Louis has a lot more in them than they've shown thus far and I expect they'll still make a push. Anaheim and Dallas can still do more as well.

So if we keep putting up points at the pace were going, I think we'll be fine. I think we'll improve on that pace though. We'll get helped when the teams that 5-7 points behind us start beating the teams that are 5-7 ahead of us.

The top 3 teams are locks if you ask me and will most likely take their divisions. I still think Colorado is a "new" enough team to slip from 4. 5-8 means nothing as of now. We're a far better team than those teams and I have NO DOUBT AT ALL that we'll get in there before too long.

I'll say it now...when all is said and done, I think we'll finish 4th or 5th and I'm totally fine with either. I'd rather not come in the back end and potentially have to face Chicago in the 1st round, but I really don't think it's an issue. By the time things even out, I think we'll get that comfy 4th or 5th slot and I think we'll take our 1st round opponent. Hell, I think once the playoffs start, we can take anyone. Chicago has what it takes to beat us, but we have what it takes to beat them and it'd make for a great sequel WCF series.

I'm not scared of anyone in the East.

Bring it on.

And our upcoming games are tough. After Carolina, Dallas, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota and LA again.

That's because we're in 9th place outside looking in - with over $12 million dollars worth of injuries. We should have Ericsson back by Thursday *crosses fingers* and Kronwall back by the time we play Chicago or Washington *crosses fingers and toes*. I think Detroit will walk away with 8 to 10 points out of those 6 games. Doubt they'll sweep 'em, though.

That's because we're in 9th place outside looking in - with over $12 million dollars worth of injuries. We should have Ericsson back by Thursday *crosses fingers* and Kronwall back by the time we play Chicago or Washington *crosses fingers and toes*. I think Detroit will walk away with 8 to 10 points out of those 6 games. Doubt they'll sweep 'em, though.

We just need to get a nice string of wins together right now.

And our upcoming games are tough. After Carolina, Dallas, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota and LA again.

We can beat Carolina.

We can beat Dallas.

I think we'll lose to Chicago, but we probably won't get shut out, and it won't bother me. Beating Chicago means nothing to me as they're too good and too far ahead to let the division slip at this point. Let them be cocky heading into a playoff series against us. They're a great team, but the Red Wings still have what it takes to not just beat them in the playoffs, but to humble their asses and then some.

We can beat Washington, but they will beat us if we don't give our best effort no doubt.

We can beat Minnesota.

We can beat LA.

None of it will be easy, but sans Chicago and Washington, I think all those games are very winnable.

We just need to get a nice string of wins together right now.

That'd be nice, but I'd be content if they just avoid putting a losing streak together. If they can keep from losing more than a game or two in a row and can win 2-3 games in a row most of the time, we'll be fine.

Both optimism and pessimism in extreme forms are delusional and avoid reality. Pick your poison - you're either a negative cynic or some form of a disney smiley face.

GMR.. maybe you are right mate.

But I will attribute this loss to fatigue and see if we can rebound against Carolina. It was a pretty heavy road trip and we had some good moments and some bad ones.

Hopefully the true wings will come out.. as much as we have been disappointed with the results this season.

If we lose badly to Carolina then I will start to really worry.

fatique? They last played on Saturday. What are you talking about?

I'm with you now. May has horseshoe up his ass sometimes.

It's not so much a horseshoe... it's that he seems to give the team more energy. The team plays a lot better with him in the lineup, for whatever reason, be it confidence, or something else.

The Canes have only won 5 games on the road this year, so the 2 points are pretty much guaranteed. :thumbup::ph34r:

Are we at home for the Canes game?

And I wonder if Legace will play?

That'd be nice, but I'd be content if they just avoid putting a losing streak together. If they can keep from losing more than a game or two in a row and can win 2-3 games in a row most of the time, we'll be fine.

C'mon... they had an excellent road trip. They beat everyone they needed to beat. Let's not overreact and start worrying about a losing streak just because they flew across the country after a west coast string and lost to an upstart Islanders team. Yes they needed the win, but they surely aren't going to win out.

Anyone care to explain to me why they got humiliated (!) by a crappy ass team like the Islanders after playing a solid game against a contender like the Sharks?

I really don't get it...this team should be giving 100% every game now they are on a short string to even make the playoffs. The competition in the West this year is killing. There is simply no time for having "off-days" or getting shutout for the 7th (!) time!