• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Islanders 6

Rate this topic

Has it ever occured to you that maybe you're a little too fragile to follow a team that isn't dominating almost every night?

Nope. Always been a Wings fan.

If I was just bandwagoning, I'd go join the Pens forum, where I'd be guaranteed at least 3 or 4 more Cups as a fan.

There's a difference between dominating every night and taking nights off. I expect the team I cheer for to not take any nights off. Any fan does. There's no excuse for the game last night, nor for the efforts against LA and Anaheim. Even with several players injured, we should be putting up better efforts with what we've got now.

People here have always raised Datsyuk and Zetterberg to god-like levels in the past, so it's only fair to question those standards now that they're struggling.

Nope. Always been a Wings fan.

If I was just bandwagoning, I'd go join the Pens forum, where I'd be guaranteed at least 3 or 4 more Cups as a fan.

There's a difference between dominating every night and taking nights off. I expect the team I cheer for to not take any nights off. Any fan does. There's no excuse for the game last night, nor for the efforts against LA and Anaheim. Even with several players injured, we should be putting up better efforts with what we've got now.

People here have always raised Datsyuk and Zetterberg to god-like levels in the past, so it's only fair to question those standards now that they're struggling.

I stopped there. Anyone that believes that any team is guaranteed a Stanley Cup just isn't grounded in reality enough to bother discussing hockey with.

Yeah no doubt. I would love for Detroit to win 6 out of every 10 games for the rest of the season. They would finish with 114 points with 54 wins. I hope we continue to suck this bad! :D

People are crying because we lost 2 road games out of 10. Lol. Only on LGWs. :facepalm:

With 37 games remaining...winning 6 out of 10 gives 22 wins...they actually would finish at 96 points/45 wins.

I stopped there. Anyone that believes that any team is guaranteed a Stanley Cup just isn't grounded in reality enough to bother discussing hockey with.

:lol:

You stopped there? Nice sense of humor you have there, Watson.

I'm sure other people will actually read the "entire" post and agree with some of the things I said. You're obviously too far in your own world to do so.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I'm sure other people will actually read the "entire" post and agree with some of the things I said. You're obviously too far in your own world to do so.

If my world involves enjoying watching a Red Wings team that has been decimated by injuries in the thick of a playoff hunt, one point away from an 8th seed while using half of the GR team to get them there. All the while witnessing Jimmy Howard possibly emerge as a legitimate NHL goaltender. That world? Ya... I'm deep into it. Thanks for noticing.

Edited by Broken 16

If my world involves enjoying watching a Red Wings team that has been decimated by injuries in the thick of a playoff hunt, one point away from an 8th seed while using half of the GR team to get them there. All the while witnessing Jimmy Howard possibly emerge as a legitimate NHL goaltender. That world? Ya... I'm deep into it. Thanks for noticing.

:thumbup:

Bang. Love it.

What about Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Rafalski and Zetterberg?

Do you blame their lack of success this season on injuries too?

If those guys played like they're hyped on this site, or like they've done in the past, we'd have one of the top records in the West right now, regardless of injuries to others. Stop making freaking excuses and blaming it all on injuries.

We lost 6-0 to a team full of guys that aren't better than the Wings current roster, with all the injuries. Face up to it.

We lost 6-0 to a team full of guys that aren't better than the Wings current roster, with all the injuries. Face up to it.

The Wings lost last night's game to a team that played the best hockey of their year, as was pointed out numerous times by even their own broadcasting team.

As usual, a team had to play their best game out of their minds to put the Wings down. Not saying that every loss comes that way, but when it does comes that way, I actually take a little pride from an otherwise sad loss.

Every team in the NHL gets up to play the Wings, but the Wings just don't get up to play every team in the NHL.

What about Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Rafalski and Zetterberg?

Do you blame their lack of success this season on injuries too?

If those guys played like they're hyped on this site, or like they've done in the past, we'd have one of the top records in the West right now, regardless of injuries to others. Stop making freaking excuses and blaming it all on injuries.

Injuries are, in fact, a large reason why the stars are slumping. Also blame the lack of chemistry earlier in the season when Bert was struggling. Also consider the fact that Lidstrom is struggling offensively. His elbow? More than likely.

Also take in consideration of the fact of losing Sammy, Hossa, Hudler and Kopecky... Okay, maybe not Kopecky.

Zetterberg was a point per game before getting injured. Almost on pare with Evgeni Malkin. I guess Evgeni is getting old and slow and is all washed up too.

Oh, here's an idea, maybe since the Red Wings have played more games in the entire NHL just might have a impact on the players production? Ya think?

Maybe your theory isn't so cut and dry, black and white as you originally thought. That's okay, even though you lack common sense and basic logic, I'm sure you're still smart in your own special way.

Honestly, I do read your stuff but you take their losses way too personally. I get the sense that you feel they're really out to offend you when they don't play up to your sense of how they should be doing.

You leave them no leeway, and you don't seem to see any hope for them as a team this year. I feel bad for you. And I wonder why you're there at this point in the season.

On the other hand, Broken 16's post - which is not available to me right now because I'm techno-impaired - is one of many good posts on these boards that try to give some perspective about the Detroit Red Wings and at least partly why they're where they are right now.

I don't see anyone here mostly excusing them for their play. On the other hand, anybody who writes them off already - at this point in the season...well, like I said, I feel bad for you.

Call it what you want, but if there's no perspective, there's no hope and no faith in what they still might accomplish.

Honestly, I do read your stuff but you take their losses way too personally. I get the sense that you feel they're really out to offend you when they don't play up to your sense of how they should be doing.

You leave them no leeway, and you don't seem to see any hope for them as a team this year. I feel bad for you. And I wonder why you're there at this point in the season.

On the other hand, Broken 16's post - which is not available to me right now because I'm techno-impaired - is one of many good posts on these boards that try to give some perspective about the Detroit Red Wings and at least partly why they're where they are right now.

I don't see anyone here mostly excusing them for their play. On the other hand, anybody who writes them off already - at this point in the season...well, like I said, I feel bad for you.

Call it what you want, but if there's no perspective, there's no hope and no faith in what they still might accomplish.

I wish there was a message board application that compiled our thoughts as the season goes on and presented it to us at the end of the season in the form of an easy to digest graphic. I wonder how many people would respond to seeing month after month of negativity, anxiety, anger, panic, frustration, etc. only to see endings like the last couple of years. It just kinda cracks me up. Some people never learn. I blame it on the schools. They're not teaching kids to critically think enough these days...

Injuries are, in fact, a large reason why the stars are slumping. Also blame the lack of chemistry earlier in the season when Bert was struggling. Also consider the fact that Lidstrom is struggling offensively. His elbow? More than likely.

Also take in consideration of the fact of losing Sammy, Hossa, Hudler and Kopecky... Okay, maybe not Kopecky.

Zetterberg was a point per game before getting injured. Almost on pare with Evgeni Malkin. I guess Evgeni is getting old and slow and is all washed up too.

Oh, here's an idea, maybe since the Red Wings have played more games in the entire NHL just might have a impact on the players production? Ya think?

Maybe your theory isn't so cut and dry, black and white as you originally thought. That's okay, even though you lack common sense and basic logic, I'm sure you're still smart in your own special way.

Why are you such a self-righteous poster?

I have my views, but I never really act like you do. It's pretty arrogant, obnoxious posts like these that make it hard to take you seriously.

You made some good points in your post, but as usual, screwed it up with a silly comment at the end.

I never said the season was over. I just don't like the way it's gone so far and don't want to blame it all on injuries. I feel like some posters will ride this excuse all season long, even if the healthy players are struggling.

Why are you such a self-righteous poster?

I have my views, but I never really act like you do. It's pretty arrogant, obnoxious posts like these that make it hard to take you seriously.

You made some good points in your post, but as usual, screwed it up with a silly comment at the end.

I never said the season was over. I just don't like the way it's gone so far and don't want to blame it all on injuries. I feel like some posters will ride this excuse all season long, even if the healthy players are struggling.

I don't blame it entirely on the injuries. Some nights we just don't show up and some nights we make a lot of stupid mistakes. That's frustrating, but I process that frustration in a broader context than those single games. It's clear to me this team has the tools to win big games despite injuries. That makes me feel pretty good about getting healthy and into playoff form. I am far more focused on that end than the game to game stuff. I still think you underrate our position in the standings. You have to account somewhat for injuries, and despite that, I'd still be happy if we were in the same place with no injuries. It's a tougher season this year with all of our turnover and every team getting better around us while we lose key guys. But that said, we're still very much in the hunt and putting up points at a pace that could easily see us hit 100 again and we've done that despite injuries. That to me is a huge accomplishment not to be minimized let alone overlooked completely.

Hey fellas, long time lurker on here thought I'd add my touch of perspective to last night. I drove 2 hours from Belfast to Dublin, ploughed through crazy security, flew for seven hours, drove 4 hours from Boston and paid a couple hundred dollars to see my first in the flesh Wings game last night.

If we are still right on the fence come the Olympic break I think with Kroner and Mule almost there we'll go deep again. A road without obstacles rarely leads anywhere interesting!

BELIEVE!

Hey fellas, long time lurker on here thought I'd add my touch of perspective to last night. I drove 2 hours from Belfast to Dublin, ploughed through crazy security, flew for seven hours, drove 4 hours from Boston and paid a couple hundred dollars to see my first in the flesh Wings game last night.

If we are still right on the fence come the Olympic break I think with Kroner and Mule almost there we'll go deep again. A road without obstacles rarely leads anywhere interesting!

BELIEVE!

Damn, the entire Red Wings team owe you a chili dog and autographed puck.

Correction:

37 games; 25 wins; 50 points = 102 points in 82 games.

I don't know what you have been smoking, but getting 60% (6 out of 10) of the available points (37 games x 2 points = 74 points) equals 44 points, therefore finishing at 96 points.

Needless to say I hope for a 8-2-0 (or 7-1-2) record from now on...earning 59 points and finishing at 111 points...