• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#401 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

how did that last goal go in? i changed the game.

wreck the shutout kthx

#402 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

this has got to be our largest margin of defeat this year, terrible

#403 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

I wish this game ws at the Joe, so that these losers could get the reception they deserve at the end of the game! Of course, the Joe would already be empty by now.

Are we going to get a post-game interview from Babcock, or is he going to hide like he did a few other times this year?
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#404 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

The Islander announcers aren't as much homers as they are shellshocked.

They haven't had anything to cheer for since 1993.

It's sad that we made them looks so good.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#405 E_S_A_D

E_S_A_D

“Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocritie

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

I didn't think it was possible for an NHL team not to have initiated a fight or play gritty after getting embarressed 5-0. Oh wait, we scratched May for the power producer in Leino.

Also, Abdelkader has proved to me in this game alone that he will be sent down to Grand Rapids. Mr. Tough Guy didn't do one thning a 4th liner should.
I like a man who grins when he fights. ---Sir Winston Churchill

#406 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

QUOTE (Carman @ January 12, 2010 - 10:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't matter, Osgood can't stop the puck. Therefore Osbad sucks. It's not rocket science.

Your use of the word "Osbad" tells me everything I need to know about you. And none of it's good. But it sure as hell is useful for me.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#407 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,829 posts

Brutal, wow.

#NOMOREKINDL

#408 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ January 12, 2010 - 08:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you streaming tonight's game, drum?

Ya I am, had to start with just people hanging out in the justin channel. Got things worked out for everyone there so figure I'd post.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#409 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

THANK YOU OSGOOD GREAT GAME.

No wonder he's been benched. He is done.

#410 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (ShanahanMan @ January 12, 2010 - 09:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously though, Osgood actually thinks he deserves to play more games?

yeesh.

You are seriously going to judge him off half a game coming in cold for his first game in 10 games where the defense has been ECHL caliber and the offense possibly even worse.

Howard was just as bad this game as Osgood. Does that mean he doesn't deserve to start anymore and that the Wings now have no goaltender.

No it means that this was a terrible game by everyone on the Wings. The offense the defense both goalies...

they all played poorly.

Ozzie deserves an actual chance before you all write him off as a has been.

#411 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Holy s***! Roloson made 16 saves....

#412 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ January 12, 2010 - 06:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brad Stuart -5.

MINUS FIVE.

I saw that, which is too bad. Minus the major turnover (which happens to every Dman once in a while), I think he's had an ok game. He made a couple plays around his own net that prevented even more scoring chances.

Dats with 0 SOG, -1, a bad penalty, and 2 giveaways.
Zetterberg hasn't been noticeable either, though he at least managed 3 SOG and is even, with 2 giveaways.

Getting these players back hasn't rejuvenated this team. Hell it looks like it's done the opposite.

#413 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

well shutting us out isnt that good of an accomplishment anymore

but damn embarrassing

-5 for stuart cant play a much worse game then that huh

16 shots? nice

now the rangers devils game is exciting

Edited by brett, 12 January 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#414 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

QUOTE (E_S_A_D @ January 12, 2010 - 08:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't think it was possible for an NHL team not to have initiated a fight or play gritty after getting embarressed 5-0. Oh wait, we scratched May for the power producer in Leino.

Also, Abdelkader has proved to me in this game alone that he will be sent down to Grand Rapids. Mr. Tough Guy didn't do one thning a 4th liner should.

You spend at least 6 hours a day trying to blow yourself, don't you?
*this space for rent*

#415 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holliday @ January 12, 2010 - 10:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I guess not playing since mid December, having to get thrown into the middle of a game with a three goal deficit already, and having your team look like the Farmington Flames house hockey team doesn't have anything to do with his poor play.

START HOWARD NEXT GAME HE IS OUR ONLY CHANCE.

Wow. Some perspective. No cheapshots. No idiot name-calling. Just looking at the big picture. Heart, keep beating.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#416 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Well, we were embarassed to hell, and now we have to endure the Dork twins York and Keating, who will no doubt try to be witty while everybody else is super-pissed.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#417 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

This had better be the scene after the game.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#418 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Carman @ January 12, 2010 - 09:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANK YOU OSGOOD GREAT GAME.

No wonder he's been benched. He is done.

Who Started this game? I guess He's done too? huh? D-Bag!

#419 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

goddamn it Rafalski, I don't know how many times this year he tries to shoot it from the middle of the ice with a defender right in front of him and it gets blocked almost every time, and yet he keeps trying it!!! we have no movement on the PP, we all just stand there, shift around, pass around the perimeter, stand around some more, make a sloppy pass or take a low-percentage shot from the outside, then run back down the ice to retrieve the puck and suck it up all over again

#420 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Broken 16 @ January 12, 2010 - 10:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rest of the team had nothing to do with Osgood's gaping 5-hole on that first goal. That's not rust. That's lack of focus. Not what you would expect from someone who supposedly wants to play.

I'm sick of people stating stuff like this like it's fact. I played the goaltending position for 13 years before I shattered my knee cap in a car accicent. It is rust...Ozzie may have a 5 hole problem, but lack of focus it's not. You need to get a rhythm...end of story. Pro or not, you don't play for 3-4 games, that throws you off. 10 games? Christ! Then thrown into this mess?

I just wanted to say this because people state crap on this forums like it's easy. It's not easy to come back from a 10 game break (practice does NOT count), and expect to play like you did in the play offs. Not to mention your team is leaving BOTH goalies out to dry.

Again I speak from experience. Pro or no, you need to get things oiled. Anyway, you'll probably find a way/reply to discredit anything I've said here.

BTW...we got shut out. Howard, the "saviour", still would have lost this game. The team sucked. The defense sucked. The Offense sucked...in the end the goalies sucked, but not because it's their fault, though. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The goalie is better off with a 5 on 0 then having 5 people on your team not clicking, turning over the puck or screening you or just making your like difficult. The wings, with the way the played today, should have bowed out in the defensive zone...Goalies would have had a better chance to make saves.