• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Leino in, May out tonight

Rate this topic

Offensive player playing in the 4th line is not much of a chance.

I agree with you there, but it may be the only chance he gets. This could just be Babcock showing Leino who's in charge especially after his "I'm not a 4th line player" comments to the media. Leino just needs to bear down and get through it.

esteef

Edited by esteef

Guest mindfly
Go Leino! Tear s*** up!

(Seriously, some of you people here act like you WANT him to be a bust)

Nope, really it's about being realistic.

Nope, really it's about being realistic.

Being realistic is saying that Leino is currently a bust. Hoping that he'll just pack up and go back to Finland (rather than the preferable move, which would be to improve and make an impact at the NHL level) isn't being realistic, it's being a short-sighted, selfish jackass. And that sums up many fans for you, sadly. X player isn't playing well for the team in his first full time year at said level, and as such he has committed a grave personal insult against me!

Offensive player playing in the 4th line is not much of a chance. Just let May play if this is the case.

It limits the amount of lazyness and ineffectiveness Leino can bring to the ice by giving him small ice time.

WOW! The LGW Pro-enforcer crowd is gonna be pissed!

I dunno, I'd say at this point it's more the "LGW stop giving icetime to lazy, physically ineffective slackers" crowd aka everyone except that guy from Finland that likes Leino :)

Guest micah
WOW! The LGW Pro-enforcer crowd is gonna be pissed!

Who's in this "LGW Pro-enforcer crowd"? I would have thought I was, but lo and behold here I am, not pissed in the least.

We need some points bad and we're playing a relatively physically weak team. Scratching Downey was a calculated risk and I hope it pays off. Here's to Leino netting a hattie tonight!

Guest mindfly

To be honest he ain't got more skills than any top3 guy in any SEL-club, it comes down to his type of play and his attitude and work ethic is waaay below nhl standards, and after being in the dog house all year he still don't seem to have got that through his head that he NEEDS to change or just become uber skilled like Zetterberg and Datsyuk, which is very unlikely yeah, can you see him improve his skating and balance about 3times his current? i don't think so, he's one of them skilled players who just don't fit in the nhl.

Edited by mindfly

To be honest he ain't got more skills than any top3 guy in any SEL-club, it comes down to his type of play and his attitude and work ethic is waaay below nhl standards, and after being in the dog house all year he still don't seem to have got that through his head that he NEEDS to change or just become über skilled like Zetterberg and Datsyuk, which is very unlikely yeah, can you see him improve his skating and balance about 3times has his current ones? i don't think so, he's one of them skilled players who just don't fit in the nhl.

Wanna know the name of another player who you could've said some of this about until he fixed his attitude and was given more of a chance than the doofuses here would've given him?

Dan Cleary

Guest mindfly
Wanna know the name of another player who you could've said some of this about until he fixed his attitude and was given more of a chance than the doofuses here would've given him?

Dan Cleary

Dan Cleary has newfy blood though, that sums it up. Already there he and Leino fails to share something....

Dan Cleary has newfy blood though, that sums it up. Already there he and Leino fails to share something....

I know English isn't your first language, but you speak (or at least type) it better than many native speakers, so in summary: epic fail at missing the word 'some.'

Yes Leino has been a huge disappointment. I think his early sucess last season went to his head and he thought it was going to be a cakewalk. He came into the season unprepared physically and mentally. Took a huge hit to his confidence and is having a very difficult time dealing with it. Hopefully he will learn from this and become a better player for it. If not there is always European Hockey.....

Who's in this "LGW Pro-enforcer crowd"? I would have thought I was, but lo and behold here I am, not pissed in the least.

We need some points bad and we're playing a relatively physically weak team. Scratching Downey was a calculated risk and I hope it pays off. Here's to Leino netting a hattie tonight!

I want Downey! I want Downey! :P

esteef

This pro-enforcer chick is ok with it. For an enforcer to be needed, there must be something to enforce. What do the Islanders have that we can't match with Abby?

I hope Leino gets it going. I hate for a guy to be a waste of roster space and fail. I really want to see anyone in the Winged Wheel succeed. That said, I'm losing hope for him. I hope I'm wrong.

I know English isn't your first language, but you speak (or at least type) it better than many native speakers, so in summary: epic fail at missing the word 'some.'

I confess I don't know where you're going with this - are you arguing that the first part of it should read 'Dan Cleary has [some] newfy blood'? He is correct to use 'sum' where he does, it is not the same word as 'some'.

Guest mindfly

I wanna see Leino weigh in at 215 and play a cleary type of game, that would be something, just eat them 2pound steaks leino and GROW... that's how I feel. DO NOT wanna see him fall over and over again near the corners.

Edited by mindfly

I wanna see Leino weigh in at 215 and play a cleary type of game, that would be something, just eat them 2pound steaks leino and GROW... that's how I feel. DO NOT wanna see him fall over and over again near the corners.

If Tony Twist could put on 40 pounds in the off-season, why couldn't Leino?