17 replies to this topic

#1 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

ok....first off, i dont do twitter....facebook...crap like that
so if this is a copy of something going on, on THIS site...well, clue me in.

this is a way to know a little bit about each of us beyond the wings connection.

what do you do?

my name is chad...i am originally from montrose MI...now located in albuquerque NM

38 years old... fan of the wings since 94 and introduced to hockey because the frozen pond in the front yard.

wife...2 kids....

i own a wood flooring company and love old MOPAR's (thats dodge/plymouth/chrysler)

i have a 67 charger fastback and a 68 sport fury convertible

huge movie fan

musically....hard to heavy metal....with easy going rock for wind down

soooooo...who's next?

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#2 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

This should be in the watercooler as I assume it'll be moved ther ein the next couple minutes bu I'll play along.

I'm Trey. 24. Born in Detroit at Children's Hospital. Moved to Chicago as a youngin' then moved up to the Traverse City area on Toch Lake.

Spent my first year of college at Michigan tech for Electrical and Computer engineering. Transferred form there to Central michigan and did some modeling for Hollister.

I just graduated in December from Central Michigan double majoring in Sports management and Economics with a minor in Business Administration.

Became a fan of the NHL in the early 90s thanks to my hardcore hockey cousins and expidited by the original NHL 9X series haha. Originally a Black Hawk fan growing up due to being in Chicago as a child and them being the first NHL team I had ever seen.

Once I moved to Michigan two decades ago I became a hardcore Red Wing and Detroit tiger's fan.

I have a girlfriend I've been dating for a couple months. No kids. A giant yellow Chevy Avalanche that can be an eyesore for miles.

No job, because michigan sucks.

I learned Russian with hopes to move to moscow and GM a KHL team in the future.

Love the Chili Peppers and can't stand rap. I have an unusual obsession with getting drunk and singing Taylor Swift songs for some reason with my girlfriend. I haven't seen a movie I don't like as I enjoy every movie.

What's playing on my i-pod right now, no cheating, BEDlight for BlueEYES - Micheal.

OMG Facebook
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#3 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

My name's Matt. I'm 24 and was born in Winnipeg, grew up in Dryden,Ontario(Northwestern Ontario) and now living in Calgary.

I went to school for Instrumentation in Thunder Bay but didn't like it so moved to Calgary and now I'm an Electrician.

I love soccer, football, curling and baseball outside of hockey.

I became a Wing's fan in 93 after my Dad convincd me finally to not hope for the Jet's. He must have seen in to the future and saw the Jet's moving to Phoenix.

I'm a huge Dave Matthew's fan and really do like all sorts of music besides rap.

And like Konnan I am in the process of learning Russian myself. Mainly just for fun.

Edited by zettie85, 13 January 2010 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#4 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

Based off of the original posters answers...

Jack - Born/raised in New Orleans area, went to college in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, now back in the New Orleans area

29 years old - Fan of the Red Wings since the mid 90s

Single

Work at a software development company doing Web development/design and some marketing/sales

Have a Toyota Camry

Enjoy funk/r&b/blues from the 60s/70s/80s, classic rock, early 90s rock/alternative

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

Karen here. Born in 1966 in West Point, NE. Moved 2 months later to Springfield, IL. Moved a year later to Wolsely, SK. Moved 4 1/2 years later to Gary, SD. In 1975, moved to Valley City, ND. From 1981-1984 I was in Prairie du Chein, WI. Then back to Valley City, finally moving to Fargo, ND in Dec, of 1994.

I have a degree in music with a minor in psychology. I recently went back to school for Pharmacy Tech (looking for employment in that field). I have worked for the last 11 1/2 years in a plant making sewer pipe fittings, and on the weekends I work graveyard shift at a convenience store.

Have a bf who is pretty cool, and we are both so darn old that we don't need to see much of each other to be happy, which works out well for both of us as we are solitary types.

I teach Sunday School grades 1-4 and all ages music.

I have never been probed by aliens.

#6 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 14, 2010 - 09:34AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never been probed by aliens.

Well that's good. Nothing worse then that.laugh.gif
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ January 14, 2010 - 08:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that's good. Nothing worse then that.laugh.gif

Except being an Avs fan sly.gif
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Nick. 28. Born in Tucson, AZ (parents moved from Kalamazoo when my mom was 8 months preggo with me). Moved to Denver, CO in 2004.

Still working toward a Bachelor's (slow process obviously but past the halfway point!), work as a pseudo systems engineer for a telecom company.

Been a Wings fan since I discovered hockey in '94 (rare in AZ, adopted all my dad's MI sports teams... including the damn Lions)

Drive a Nissan Maxima

Single - although tiring of bachelor life finally I think

Love most rock.. well mostly the 60's through 90's.

And I believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life out there far, far away. Might be willing to be probed in the name of science and good times (jk) tongue.gif

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile, 14 January 2010 - 02:27 PM.

thanks offsides!

#9 Holmstrom96Screens

Holmstrom96Screens

# 96

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

My names Jacklyn Im from Newfoundland, Canada

31 years old... fan of the wings since 95 and introduced to hockey because my dad's a hockey fan (habs fan)

single.

i have a university degree Bachelor of Arts (BA) with a double major in Russian language and literature and history

huge movie fan

music buff, politics buff, loves animals especially cats, history languages, ice skater, social activist (left wing) love all the usual stuff like hanging out and parties, also drink with friends at times (fun smile.gif )

Shotokan karate-ka who's won a gold medal at competition

#10 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Holmstrom96Screens @ January 14, 2010 - 06:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shotokan karate-ka who's won a gold medal at competition

I'll be extra careful of what I say in my replies to you from now on.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#11 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

I'll bite. Seems like a cool way to get to know fellow posters.

Name's Anthony. Half Italian on my father's side.

Born in 1989.

Went to Michigan Tech University for a year (Civil Engineering Major) but realized that I was not at all interested in the engineering aspect of building design so I transferred to Lawrence Tech University for an Architecture major. Been there for 1.5 full years and hoping to graduate in spring 2012.

Single and unemployed at the moment due to my difficult school schedule and the economy.

Hockey is one of my greatest passions. Been playing about twice a week and hoping to join the club team at my college next year.

I enjoy alternative and hard rock, some metal, and some classic stuff. Very interested in the history of architecture and especially Roman architecture. I even went to Rome for a week and was blessed by the Pope in St. Peter's square. Actually if you watch "Angels and Demons" the map that Tom Hanks's character uses is the exact same one that I had when I was there.

Hoping to become an established architect in the future and if I'm lucky design the next arena for the Detroit Red Wings in 30 or 40 years (assuming a new arena is built within the next five years).

Posted Image

#12 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

I guess I can do this as well.

My name is Gerald. 33 y/o. Living in southern California. I am about 15 minutes from the Honda Center.

My dad is from Calgary and my mom from the Windsor area. I could have easily been a Flames fan, but sided with with my mom as a youngster watching the Wings just prior to them drafting Steve Yzerman. So 1982 was the earliest memory of watching them.

I have always played hockey as a defensemen. I haven't played in nearly two years, due to two motorcycle accidents. Two concussions, broken ankles, and other misc. broken bones, ligaments, tendons and so on, have left me to hang the skates up.

I work as a technical associate and service technician for Harley-Davidson. I have been doing this for about 6 years now. Previously worked for a pro drag racing team, that traveled the country.

And I have one very beautiful daughter, that is just over a year old.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#13 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

i'm 19. spent ages 3-10 in suburbs of chicago, the rest in southeastern ohio. i hate it here.

i have no real life and virtually no friends, so i waste my life at the computer posting on forums, reading, listening to music and watching movies. seems like i have some bad social anxiety. nobody here actually cares about hockey so my only way of playing is shooting a puck into a trash can in the garage by myself. i generally suck at everything i enjoy.

didn't have enough credits to graduate high school so i'm repeating my senior year, albeit with only 3 classes. not exactly a self-esteem booster. no interest in going to college, so i'll probably work some minimum wage job for the rest of my life and live by myself. perpetually single.

Posted Image

#14 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

Alright, I'll bite.

My name is Pat...I'm the oldest one to post here yet...born in the 50's. I grew up watching Hockey Night in Canada, and have been a Wings fan forever. I also love curling, rugby, lacrosse and Aussie Rules football. Yes, I am definitely off the beaten path.

I've been married for 32 years, no kids...unless you want to count my two dogs, who are like kids to me. They're named Kira and Loki.

I'm what is known as a wellspouse...this is the husband, wife or partner who stays at home and takes care of a totally disabled wife, husband or partner. You basically give up your working life to take care of your partner. Doesn't pay worth s***, but I can't complain.

My tastes in music are quite eclectic...Celtic, Cajun, rock, jazz, new age, World music, blues, classical...no rap or metal though...gives me a headache. And dance music all sounds the same after 30 seconds.

I love photography (some of my pics are on Facebook), reading, traveling and watching hockey, and I dabble in music...I can play a little bit of guitar and accordion.

Edited by Kira, 18 January 2010 - 11:18 PM.

Posted Image

#15 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

My name's Paul (first time ever on LGW!)

I'm 29, I live in Ann Arbor, I am a few credits short of a triple major in vocal performance/musical theatre/theatre, I am a trained vocalist, have played the violin for 20 years, am a professionally trained stuntman, I played varsity football and baseball in high school as well as lettering in theatre and violin, and played club hockey in college.

I prefer variations of rock music, although anything with a musical sound and a flow to it that isn't flat out annoying and repetetive is something I might listen to.

I'm epileptic, although I take meds and my seizures are mostly under control.

I'm married and have two amazing sons (3, 4) and one wonderful stepdaughter (10).

My birthday is next month, and I would love to be able to buy myself an electric violin but will likely never have that kind of spare cash. My parents already bought me my birthday present....tie rods and tires for my car! Wooo!

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#16 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Kira @ January 18, 2010 - 10:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm what is known as a wellspouse...this is the husband, wife or partner who stays at home and takes care of a totally disabled wife, husband or partner. You basically give up your working life to take care of your partner. Doesn't pay worth s***, but I can't complain.

Awesome.
*this space for rent*

#17 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:44 AM

why not...

I'm Dan, and kook is a play on my last name and only coincidentally related my mental disposition. I'm 34, born upstate NY, moved to Dearborn before I was 2 until 9, moved to suburban L.A., went to college in NYC, went back to LA after, came back a few years after that. My wife, daughter and I now live in Jersey City which sucks and want to try to move near her folks in the NW Chicago burbs.

I played hockey, including youth, college club and beer league from 4 up until maybe 4 years ago when chronic tennis elbow put an end to it. I also coached for a few years at my old high school before I moved back to the NY area (they really do have HS hockey in LA now, even if it is brutal - our team was all beginners). I have a bachelors of music for music business, but gave up on record companies right when I graduated, so I got an MBA and after a couple things in between now work freelance doing production accounting for TV and film. I've been taking a break to stay home with my 7 month old daughter since August, and am studying for the CPA exam which I hope to take this spring.

I guess you could also say I now collect the guitars and amps that I used to play more, although I get to play acoustic for my daughter every day and she loves it smile.gif. I'm mostly a rock guy, but love jazz, funk, even some country - mostly classics of any variety.

works every time

#18 Holmstrom96Screens

Holmstrom96Screens

# 96

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (MidMichSteve @ January 18, 2010 - 10:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be extra careful of what I say in my replies to you from now on.

i get that a lot when people find out i do shotokan

i also get the kung fu fighting song. and people say martial arts 'is all kung fu' LOL.

QUOTE (kook_10 @ January 19, 2010 - 01:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why not...

I'm Dan, and kook is a play on my last name and only coincidentally related my mental disposition

Hah! that's cute =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users