• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Fleury pursuing charges against Graham James

Rate this topic

I am glad that Theo is man enough to come forward and publically deal with this. Some men would not be strong enough to do so.

In fact, one wonders if there were more victims. It seems very few people who commit the same crime only abuse one or two victims, especially given the coach's situation.

I hope that 2 years doesn't set a precedent for the Sandusky case, which I believe is due to begin soon.

Edited by sean

In fact, one wonders if there were more victims. It seems very few people who commit the same crime only abuse one or two victims, especially given the coach's situation.

I hope that 2 years doesn't set a precedent for the Sandusky case, which I believe is due to begin soon.

I'm fairly certain it can't be used as a precedent since it happened in another countries legal system. Althoughthe inadvertant influence could happen.

I hope one day this man gets what he truly deserves

Physically impossible, unfortunately. There are some things you can do to a person only once. Nonetheless, I am glad that he was found guilty, even if the sentence was a joke. An innocent verdict would have been intolerable.

From Winnipeg Free Press:

A Crown attorney is arguing that disgraced hockey coach Graham James should serve more than two years in prison.

James was convicted earlier this year of sexually abusing two of his former players — NHL star Theo Fleury and his younger cousin Todd Holt — and was given a two-year sentence.

Prosecutor Elizabeth Thomson is telling a Manitoba Appeal Court the trial judge put too much weight on the 3 1/2-year sentence James received in 1997 for abusing other young hockey players.

The defence had asked for a conditional sentence with no jail time, saying James had been punished enough.

James is already eligible to ask for full parole.

Guest Johnz96

James and Frost are the only peple ever associated with the NHL that are even more despicable than Bettman.

If he is eligible for parole any time soon. reforms are desperately needed for the judicial system. He should have been executed.

Edited by Johnz96

From Winnipeg Free Press:

An Manitoba Court of Appeal judge bristled Monday at suggestions disgraced former hockey coach Graham James ever thought he had "loving" relationships with the players he abused.

Defence lawyer Evan Roitenberg was arguing against a Crown appeal to increase the two years James received in March for abusing former NHL star Theo Fleury and his cousin Todd Holt when they were in junior hockey.

"For me, you are pushing a big rock up a steep hill if you want me to accept that," said Justice Al MacInnes. He noted James threatened players to maintain their silence and how his victims wrapped themselves in blankets to fend off the abuse.