• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/16 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Dallas Stars 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

The more shady instances of refereeing/ overruling you witness in this league (not just the Wings' games), the less you can convince me that the head honchos aren't trying to keep the standings close for as long as possible.

Unless Toronto saw an angle they didn't show, there's no conclusive evidence that the entire puck crossed the line. Circumstantial, possibly, since the puck was spinning over the line slowly as Howard moved his pad forward and at the same time covered the puck.

BULLs*** LOSS. FROM THE GAME TYING GOAL WHICH WAS AT LEAST A NO GOAL DUE TO INTERFERENCE, IF NOT A GOALTENDING INTERFERENCE PENALTY, TO THE NO CALL ON OTT DROPPING HIS GLOVES ON BERTUZZI, TO THE THREE NON CALLS ON THE BLATANT HIGH STICKS, NOT INCLUDING THE HIGH STICK IN OT WHICH THE REF SAID THE PLAYER'S STICK SLID UP LEBDA'S STICK, WHICH IT DID NOT, TO LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE KNOB JOB GOAL TURNOVER CALL THAT HAS NO SUPPORTING VIDEO EVIDENCE AND FROM EVERY ANGLE WE SAW - IT WAS NOT OVER THE LINE.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I COMPLAIN AT THIS POINT, BUT IT'S REALLY FRUSTRATING WHEN REFEREES' HAVE IT WITHIN THEIR POWER TO DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF GAMES.

I HATE TO SAY IT, BUT THE VANCOUVER INCIDENT WITH AUGER AND BURROWS IS THE PRIMARY EXAMPLE OF THE EXTREME WITH WHICH REF'S GET AWAY WITH AND THE NHL - HELLBENT ON RUINING THE GAME I LOVE, DOES NOTHING ABOUT TO TRY AND PROTECT THEIR IMAGE WHEN THEY ARE JUST MUDDYING THE WATER FURTHER. AS IT STANDS NOW, THIS GAME IS HARD TO TURN NEW FANS ONTO, "WHY WAS THIS CALLED A PENALTY, BUT THIS WASN'T?, OR WHY WAS THIS A GOAL, BUT THIS WASN'T?" TRY EXPLAINING THESE TYPES OF ISSUES WITH SOMEONE WHO IS NEW TO THE GAME AND TELL ME YOU COME OUT MAKING SENSE.

EPIC FAIL.

The LINESMAN went over the other ref's head??? Toronto just said it was inconclusive and now the linesman is the one making the bulls*** call? Not the guy standing RIGHT NEXT to the damn puck?

f*** the NHL this is honestly beyond ridiculous. I love hockey but this is just unbearable.

What happened to "if it's not conclusive"?? Did Toronto think they knew better than the ref who was 2 inches away from the puck and waved it off like crazy?

BULLs***. Every point is so huge.

However, Wings played pretty bad in the last 2 periods and OT, and their SO attempts were weak.

It feels like a double standard really. Many times when controversy strikes on Wings goals, and there is no conclusive evidence, it's not a goal. However, all of a sudden, when the Dallas Stars run into this, assumptions are made and it's called a goal. The Toronto "War Room" is as good as the Toronto Maple Leafs.

When it comes to the Wings, the refs and the war room apparantly make rules up as they go along.

This was either a case of Ott having intent to score (thus it's a goal), or the so called 50-50 rule (in which the war-room flips a coin to see whether it's a goal or not).

My god word coming from the FSN crew is Toronto ruled it inconclusive and the linesman and Leggo overruled the ref that was on top of the play. What a joke. These refs bet on games. I question every call ever made by them again. The NHL is fixed. I never believed that before I do now.

This has been some of the worst refereeing since... the last time the Wings played Dallas. :thumbdown:

At that point, the ref was very concerned that both his butt cheeks were on the wall and he was not watching the play. We're talking priorities here. :cool:

I now have enough of this ******* NHL. It has been several years now that the NHL is trying to break the Redwings dynasty. They are doing it the lamest way possible.

2 years ago, puck in the mesh, thornton gets it back and scores (valid goal)

Last playoffs, Game 2 unpunished instigation by malkin

last playoffs, game 4 26 seconds too many men on the ice uncalled

game 7 goal 1, icing uncalled, goal 2 high stick uncalled.

Earlier this year, May goal disallowed

Tonight, another rip off.

Those are just exemples from many mistakes made that arm the Wings. Yeah it happens in the other way too... but when.

We can clearly see that the ref, were not even in the game, and distracted by Bert and Ott. 2 obvious high stick missed.

And then this last shootout goal... WTF. The referee, so close to the net, waving this off, then no conclusive replays from the Tv angles, and this same ref, who helped Howie to get it out with his (he was so close :P ) wave it off.....

Please toronto, tell me what kind of X-ray tv you have. F... You.

To the on ice ref'' credit, he did call it right on the ice.

It's those conspirators in NHL that wants everyone to be in the hunt for the 8th spot and share the points !!

I stand corrected. So Toronto said inconclusive and the 2 linesmen on the ice overrules the ref ... wtf is this league coming to. Linesmen over the Ref ???

BULLs*** LOSS. FROM THE GAME TYING GOAL WHICH WAS AT LEAST A NO GOAL DUE TO INTERFERENCE, IF NOT A GOALTENDING INTERFERENCE PENALTY, TO THE NO CALL ON OTT DROPPING HIS GLOVES ON BERTUZZI, TO THE THREE NON CALLS ON THE BLATANT HIGH STICKS, NOT INCLUDING THE HIGH STICK IN OT WHICH THE REF SAID THE PLAYER'S STICK SLID UP LEBDA'S STICK, WHICH IT DID NOT, TO LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE KNOB JOB GOAL TURNOVER CALL THAT HAS NO SUPPORTING VIDEO EVIDENCE AND FROM EVERY ANGLE WE SAW - IT WAS NOT OVER THE LINE.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I COMPLAIN AT THIS POINT, BUT IT'S REALLY FRUSTRATING WHEN REFEREES' HAVE IT WITHIN THEIR POWER TO DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF GAMES.

I HATE TO SAY IT, BUT THE VANCOUVER INCIDENT WITH AUGER AND BURROWS IS THE PRIMARY EXAMPLE OF THE EXTREME WITH WHICH REF'S GET AWAY WITH AND THE NHL - HELLBENT ON RUINING THE GAME I LOVE, DOES NOTHING ABOUT TO TRY AND PROTECT THEIR IMAGE WHEN THEY ARE JUST MUDDYING THE WATER FURTHER. AS IT STANDS NOW, THIS GAME IS HARD TO TURN NEW FANS ONTO, "WHY WAS THIS CALLED A PENALTY, BUT THIS WASN'T?, OR WHY WAS THIS A GOAL, BUT THIS WASN'T?" TRY EXPLAINING THESE TYPES OF ISSUES WITH SOMEONE WHO IS NEW TO THE GAME AND TELL ME YOU COME OUT MAKING SENSE.

EPIC FAIL.

I agree, this game is getting a lot harder to watch and be a fan of for all the reasons above

this is how the conversation went

Ref: Hey we need you to take a look at this goal. It's inconclusive whether the puck crossed the line, we're 6 rounds deep in a shoot out and I'm hungry and want to go home.

Toronto: What's the wife cooking for dinner?

Ref: Steak and potatoes

Toronto: What game is this?

Ref: Detroit at Dallas

Toronto: and who was the shot against?

Ref: Jimmy Howard, God that kid has been good for a rookie.

Toronto: Do you like your wife's cooking?

Ref: Yeah she's not good for much, but damn she can cook.

Toronto: Alright, call it a goal, go home, enjoy your dinner, and when you go out for milk tonight,

find a hooker on the corner and get laid instead.

Ref: Sounds good. Dan will be calling you tomorrow, he'll be looking for a way to screw the Wings against Chicago.

Ken and Mick found out what happened:

The one ref made the call: No Goal. He was right on top of it and emphatic it was no goal.

The linesman called for a review and said it was no goal.

Toronto for some reason allowed the linesman to overrule the ref who made the call (a violation of the rule that the ref making the call must be followed if you can't prove it's a goal), and admitted that the NHL did not have inconlusive proof it was a goal. They just allowed the linesman to overrule with no evidence.

I've never seen Mick and the team so upset. This is beyond bush league. You can't change the rules in the middle of a game in professional sports. This deserves a serious investigation, but of course there is no accountability in the NHL.

Well, at least we got 1 point and move into 8th.

Toronto had NO replay that showed the puck crossed the line.

As I just posted in the other thread about this, I think the only thing that they could have called was when Howard had to reach in with his glove, but you can't tell where the puck is. Plus, the ref was right over the play. He must have been talked out of his call.