• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/16 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Dallas Stars 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

i very seriously think these referrees need to be looked into for gambling associations.

i agree, what the NHL really does need is a commisioner like roger goodell for NFL. hes a commisoner that doesnt take sides and actually makes his league fun and easy to like.

The more shady instances of refereeing/ overruling you witness in this league (not just the Wings' games), the less you can convince me that the head honchos aren't trying to keep the standings close for as long as possible.

Unless Toronto saw an angle they didn't show, there's no conclusive evidence that the entire puck crossed the line. Circumstantial, possibly, since the puck was spinning over the line slowly as Howard moved his pad forward and at the same time covered the puck.

Interesting take. If Pittsburgh media darlings get called on the carpet for actual video they didn't submit, then why can't SOMEbody demand to see the supposed existing video that Toronto used to overturn the call?

I said this last playoffs and many times before

The NHL is biased against Detroit--the evidence is overwhelming --this game is the ultimate point made to back up my claims-no argument can be made that my claims are not true!!

I am officially done with the NHL--I have been a die hard wings fan since 1971, I havnt missed watching anymore that 3 games in the last 20 years on TV and in person, I grew up in Detroit moved to Cincinnati in 77 and was a season ticket holder back in 2006-07 driving to many games that year. This is utter BS!! the league is out of control in the front offices!! BETMAN YOU ARE A COMPLETE MOTHERf***ING *******-f*** YOU FOR DESTROYING THE GAME I LOVED MOST!

Someone had a good idea, the refs union should really raise a fuss about this violation of rules and the undermining of the ref who makes the call.

Even if they DID see it cross the line, they don't outrank the ref who made the initial call RIGHT ON TOP OF THE PUCK, right?

i'm pretty sure it went in, but yeah rules are the rules and no angle showed it crossing the line, so it should have not counted.

I don't know, the last replay that FSN showed of the reverse angle looked pretty conclusive that it wasn't in the net. From that angle I think you could see all the way to the puck until Jimmy covers it, but they only showed it once and not in slow-mo.

i'm pretty sure it went in, but yeah rules are the rules and no angle showed it crossing the line, so it should have not counted.

Don't know how you can be sure when the only angles in which you could see the puck had it lying on the line, seemingly not having any more momentum towards the back of the net. Seemed like a pretty clear cut "no goal" to me.

January 16, 2010

Gary Bettman:

"It is the position and opinion of The National Hockey League that the decade of dominance by the Detroit Red Wings shall be over! No discussion, no questions, thank you and good night."

I DON'T KNOW WHY I COMPLAIN AT THIS POINT, BUT IT'S REALLY FRUSTRATING WHEN REFEREES' HAVE IT WITHIN THEIR POWER TO DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF GAMES.

Unless I'm misreading your post, it wasn't the refs who ultimately overturned this call. It was Toronto. I believe the refs called it right to begin with.

IF THE WINGS FELT LIKE PLAYING 60 MINS WE WOULDNT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS BULLs*** BLAME THE WINGS

Of course in a perfect world, we would have played a perfect 60 mins game, every night, for 82 games.

But in reality players are tired, s*** happens, competition is good, refs make a bad call here and there, and if you can play a good 40-45 mins in a game, that's pretty damn typical. I can count on one hand how many times this year the Wings played a good solid 60 mins. Ask anybody who actually plays hockey how often a team puts in a SOLID mistake free game for 60 mins.

Even if the team doesn't play a solid 60 mins game, they are entitled to a fair officiated game within the rules of the NHL.

The LINESMAN went over the other ref's head??? Toronto just said it was inconclusive and now the linesman is the one making the bulls*** call? Not the guy standing RIGHT NEXT to the damn puck?

f*** the NHL this is honestly beyond ridiculous. I love hockey but this is just unbearable.

WHAAAT? Are you kidding me? When did that happen? I turned it off after the Toronto call.

My god word coming from the FSN crew is Toronto ruled it inconclusive and the linesman and Leggo overruled the ref that was on top of the play. What a joke. These refs bet on games. I question every call ever made by them again. The NHL is fixed. I never believed that before I do now.

WHO is "Leggo"? Thanks.

If that is really how things went down to make that decision, then that is absolutely ridiculous. How can you say "well we have all the replays and none show the puck over the line definitively, but we'll go ahead and take a head count of who thinks it's in on the ice...hmm 2 yes, 1 no, ok it's a goal then".

Wow. How retarded.

Guest scottj

the guys at fsd said the other ref and the linesman decided it was a goal before they even talked to toronto

I would like to go back and see where he was at, to know how well he could have made that call.

Every angle that showed the puck at all showed that it was kind of rotating and wobbling on the line before Howard put his glove on it... after that, the crossbar, Howard and the ref (who was clutching the post looking directly at the puck/ Howard's hand) were in the way of the viable camera angles.

I would think the ref who called no-goal had the best view of everyone and also that the video 'evidence' showed that it is inconclusive... I mean come on... there was a Toronto game about a month ago where there was a 'no-goal' call even though we saw a puck come out of the net, but due to the nature of the play and camera angles we couldn't see the puck go in. This whol War Room thing is stupid.

I know it's too much to ask for, but why don't Illich and Babcock, for once, lambast this league. Goodness knows they've got enough money for any fine levied. But, no, all Babcock will talk about is how they didn't play well, shouldn't have gone to a shootout, blah, blah,blah!

Also, can't the ref who made the initial call say to the linesman, "Oh no you don't, *******, you're not over-riding me, because I was there!"

Unless I'm misreading your post, it wasn't the refs who ultimately overturned this call. It was Toronto. I believe the refs called it right to begin with.

Toronto actually said it wasn't conclusively a goal. The ref who made the call and was right on top of th epuck said it was no goal.

The two linesmen were the ones who made a separate call (goal counts) against all the evidence and claimed that they SAW the puck cross the line (with no video evidence of course). When you have to choose between video evidence and the word of random linesmen far from the play, you have to go with video evidence.

I'm done with the NHL.

I agree, there is too much of these incidents happening, specially surrounding the wings.

This was the first game I've sen in a month and this happens, no wonder I loose interest. The Finals against the Pens were an enough JOKE to me.

SC final aside, this was the worst goal review I had seen in a long while. Since when did Linesmen get so much POWER? Just give them a red band too so that we know from the beginning that they can do and say what ever they want... Remember this ref who overturned the rule is the same REF who said that the highstick wasn't a highstick so obviously he had an agenda against the Wings.

Illitch and Holland should do something about this...

Edited by CHoZo