• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/16 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Dallas Stars 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I was able to listen to the game from work, and the way that Ken and Paul were talking about it, it sounded like the Wings got robbed again. Upon watching the Ott attempt at home, I nearly threw the remote at the tv. There was absolutely no replay that showed CONCLUSIVELY that the puck had 100 percent crossed the goal line, as the rule calls for.

Once again, the double standard is a total joke.

My theory is that Illitch made 0 friends with the league during the strike. The league perceives Illitch and the Wings as arrogant and self-serving and is trying to make them pay.

Don't know if you're posting that tongue in cheek, but I said the same thing years ago and had everyone rolling their eyes and calling me a conspiracy theorist.

Everyone back then kept pointing to the fact that the Wings weren't suffering appreciably in the Standings, therefore it was hooey.

Difference between then and now?

Wings were good enough to overcome the garbage obstacles that the League threw in their path, (much like in the Play Offs in 2008). Now? They're not, (much like the Play Offs in 2009).

Ilitch practically spitting in Bettman's eye, and refusing to shake his hand in the corridors of JLA as the Evil One was on his way up to award the Cup to the Scumguins after Game 7 last year certainly didn't help, I'm sure.

Not that I blame him.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
At least we got one point.

True, but LA was able to come from behind and beat the Bruins in a SO.

Had to DVR the game. Just got done watching it and had a few thoughts. The Wings had a real nice start which is a nice change, but then proceeded to be awful for the next two periods. They played way too passive in their own zone and let the Stars own the boards the whole night.

It seems like as soon as we start getting some people back, that our terrible play in our own zone returns. Way too many cute plays in our end, not hard enough on the puck or wall. I also noticed some real lazy ass plays mixed in with the other nonsense. With the way the game started I thought we'd blow them out. With the way it finished I was surprised to get any points at all.

The officiating was terrible all night. Several obvious missed high sticks, boardings and roughing calls let go. Then they completely blow the call there at the end. When dealing with waiting for the officials it's important to remember one thing. Whatever really happened is irrelevant and most likely the opposite will be called.

Edited by Pucks

I said this last playoffs and many times before

The NHL is biased against Detroit--the evidence is overwhelming --this game is the ultimate point made to back up my claims-no argument can be made that my claims are not true!!

I am officially done with the NHL--I have been a die hard wings fan since 1971, I havnt missed watching anymore that 3 games in the last 20 years on TV and in person, I grew up in Detroit moved to Cincinnati in 77 and was a season ticket holder back in 2006-07 driving to many games that year. This is utter BS!! the league is out of control in the front offices!! BETMAN YOU ARE A COMPLETE MOTHERf***ING *******-f*** YOU FOR DESTROYING THE GAME I LOVED MOST!

couldn't agree with you anymore... this is just ridiculous to the point where i go oh the refs screwed again owell its ok its a movie now ...f*** bettman and the refs n the nhl seriously if i see bettman walking down the street im gonna bat his f***in head in n have no problem getting arrested and yes its a threat

Guest Howard He Do It?!
What's really going to chafe everyone's ass is how we're going to look back at this game when we miss the playoffs by 1 point.

This won't be the only game we look back on if the Wings miss the playoffs by 1 point.

What a joke. Its funny to it makes me think of Kevin Weeks saying on nhl live that funny things happen when detroit plays saying that detroit gets the calls. what a joke I would love to have been in the warroom and see what those morons were looking at.

sucks to know we are going to get curb stomped American history X style tomorrow too. Now don't get me wrong, do we have the talent to compete? Yes, but we also never win any important games (Dallas was a great example) so let's get excited for a whole lot of fail. Oh and I can't wait to watch Ben Eager/Dustin Byfulign run our players and have Brad May not do a ******* thing about it, you worthless ******* enforcer.

Seriously how about some help from Boston, Washington, New Jersey, anyone?? I can promise you that Pittsburgh will lose against Vancouver later tonight as well.

Told you. Eastern Conference = GARBAGE. All they do is pad the point totals of the Western Conference teams.

Looks like the Wings will have to do everything themselves.

Told you. Eastern Conference = GARBAGE. All they do is pad the point totals of the Western Conference teams.

Looks like the Wings will have to do everything themselves.

Here's how I look at it.

All those teams above us have been better than us this season. Especially against the East. That's why they're higher in the standings than us.

We need to win at the same pace as the teams above us, or else they belong in the playoffs and we don't.