• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Blackawks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

On a possitive note, in the playoffs there are no s***ty shootouts, wings had all the momentum in the OT and would have won had they played some more minutes of OT, datsyuk was crazy in the OT...

And Howard is very good when people dekes in the SO, but has he even saved when the player shot a hard snipe.. don't think so, he looks small so players will shoot and be successful and fail when deke...

The Red Wings better snap out of it or they will be home for the playoffs.

Oh please, it was a shootout that decided the game. By the way, the Wings are in 8th even after all the injuries.

Edited by Barrie

good game. crappy ending. too bad howard finally looked like a rookie again today. i guess that answers the howard-playoff question for those debating it. also, how about eaves! :thumbup:

Oh please. Howard didn't have a great game by any means, but he certainly didn't s*** the bed either. It's not like he got pulled...

First goal was an awful goal, but he made some key saves.

Shoot out is just a joke anyways in my opinion.

Granted I would still want Osgood(If he is still Osgood), in net in the playoffs but this game cannot be used to bash Howard.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
good game. crappy ending. too bad howard finally looked like a rookie again today. i guess that answers the howard-playoff question for those debating it. also, how about eaves! :thumbup:

95830441_slide.jpg

I don't think this game answers any questions about Howard being a potential playoff starter.

Very disappointing loss. Especially after Dats and Bert's shootout moves. Howard had a good game, but needed to be better in the shootout.

Considering back-to-back 65 minute games + the shootouts really looked like it took it's toll on J-Ho. Bert's goal in the shootout was sick as was Pavel's. What really impressed me was how the Wings' bounced back from being down 2-0 rather than losing their composure.

Yeah, how about him?

He got taken to the ice and got his right eye all bloodied up. That was funny.

He got cut under the eye.. that sometimes happens in fights. How about all the bombs he landed on Versteeg who is a supposed "tough" player. That's Eaves first fight this year and it was a great showing. Not to mention he actually contributed to his team in another way today... um Go Hawks Go until the team starts to suck again and the fans leave.. again.

One of the best games in years? Gosh, I guess that is a testament to how poor the Red Wings have played this season, thus currently being slotted out of postseason play. That was one of Chicago's most sloppy games of the year. I'm glad it is over. Back 2 Back games and 2 W's...nice.

This isn't a thread for you to defend your boys.

If you want to talk about how "sloppy" the Hawks played against a division rival that spanked them in the post-season last year, do it on your own board.

If you want to talk actual hockey in a civil manner, you are always welcome here.

You have to go to the #4 spot to find a team that has done better than us in the past 10 games.

Yeah, and how far has that gotten us in the standings?

On a possitive note, in the playoffs there are no s***ty shootouts, wings had all the momentum in the OT and would have won had they played some more minutes of OT, datsyuk was crazy in the OT...

And Howard is very good when people dekes in the SO, but has he even saved when the player shot a hard snipe.. don't think so, he looks small so players will shoot and be successful and fail when deke...

You need to win these shootouts, though, to make the playoffs in the first place.

OH MY...

That was by far the most entertaining 5 minute OT I've EVER seen.

Hawks' record was 4-0 going into this OT. Our guys seemed to be amazingly calm, collected and focused. Just couldn't put the puck in the net, but oh boy, they looked good. :thumbup:

Guest Howard He Do It?!
One of the best games in years? Gosh, I guess that is a testament to how poor the Red Wings have played this season, thus currently being slotted out of postseason play. That was one of Chicago's most sloppy games of the year. I'm glad it is over. Back 2 Back games and 2 W's...nice.

I guess I missed when LGW became Let's Go Hawks.

I don't think this game answers any questions about Howard being a potential playoff starter.

I Agree with you there.. maybe one bad goal in the game.. which happens to the best.. and a tough time in the shootout.. To me that doesnt mean the reigns get handed back over to Ozzy.. Especially against a team like Washington where we need our best goalie to play.. and I believe at this time our best goalie is still Howard.

Very disapointing end to a superbly entertaining game.

If we can keep this up I am confident we will still make the playoffs. We just went toe to toe with the best in the west, without Franzen, Holmstrom & Kronwall.

Datsyuk & Zetterberg were great + a 3 point night for Lidstrom. If those 3 can continue like this ie picking up points at the pace they used to, that should be enough to carry us over the line.

But dammit, we deserved 2 points tonight, especially after being robbed yesterday. Now we have to watch LA, VAN etc continue to win <_<

Don't even start, 1961 says it all.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I knew some of you were slow but uh...no they are not. The Kings are in 8th. The Red Wings aren't even in it...

You really find the need to trash talk on an opposing team's forum? Re-evaluate who the slow one is.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
guys don't get me wrong i love howard. i am just saying that despite some amazing saves he did look human today and seemed a little rattled at some points.

Back-to-back games that both went to the SO. I think that has at least something to do with it.

Yeah, and how far has that gotten us in the standings?

No where, but you act like LA, Vancouver, Calgary and Pheonix are on 5 game winning streaks. We were 5 points out but a week ago and now we're 1 points behind LA, and 3 points from the #6 spot. The season carries on and we will make the playoffs. Probably as the 5/6 spot.