• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Blackawks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

You are aware Eaves lost the fight right?

The funny thing was PWG (Penis with Glasses) trying to make Versteeg out to be a fighter.

Hahaha, you guys really dont know hockey fights do you? Blood+takedown doesnt = victory. Easy draw, Eaves and Versteeg landed a couple beauties. Again, it was Eaves first fight of the year. Get off your high horses, let us enjoy the positives of a s***ty game on our board, go friggin talk about how sweet the parade is gonna be in June somewhere else.

You are aware Eaves lost the fight right?

The funny thing was PWG (Penis with Glasses) trying to make Versteeg out to be a fighter.

Wow, what a homer statement. Might wanna get your eyes checked buddy. Eaves landed more solid square punches. Just because he got cut, doesn't mean he lost. If anything it was closer to a draw. But if you had to pick a winner, it was definitely Eaves.

Hahaha, you guys really dont know hockey fights do you? Blood+takedown doesnt = victory. Easy draw, Eaves and Versteeg landed a couple beauties. Again, it was Eaves first fight of the year. Get off your high horses, let us enjoy the positives of a s***ty game on our board, go friggin talk about how sweet the parade is gonna be in June somewhere else.

These Hawks fans are just stupid trolls who on top of being losers for years, apparently don't know how to judge a hockey fight.

The fight was a draw.

For real. Anyone doesn't doesn't think that chicago is a top pick for winning the stanley cup this year needs a seriously wakeup call. Even if we're 100% it's going to be a hard battle against chicago in a 7 game series.

I dunno, I'm a Hawk fan and unless they tighten up a lot they will not have a long playoff. They (as a team) have played poorly the last 2 weeks or so. They still get points and wins on transition but in the playoffs things get a lot closer and tougher. I want nothing more than a Cup for the Hawks but unless something changes a lot it won't happen this year.

Though they are still missing 2 key players and haven't iced a full team for a game all year, ... not once.

Like I said before though, great game. Would have been nice if NBC actually decided to show all the goals. And i understand that Canada is hockey but to emulate them by bringing in PWG and Milbury is awful. If NBC got to pick a game to show this would have been it and IMO they blew it with piss poor coverage.

These Hawks fans are just stupid trolls who on top of being losers for years, apparently don't know how to judge a hockey fight.

The fight was a draw.

Seriously, it isnt even about the game anymore. It's how blind these guys are, call a spade a spade. Great fight, but a draw.

For real. Anyone doesn't doesn't think that chicago is a top pick for winning the stanley cup this year needs a seriously wakeup call. Even if we're 100% it's going to be a hard battle against chicago in a 7 game series.

Why the Hawks can't win the cup:

1. Youngest team in the NHL

2. A starting goaltender with a .907 save % - 26th in the league

3. A head coach that has coached for 12 years in the NHL and has never even been to the SCF.

And actually Pittsburgh is favored at 9:2. The Wings are 5th at 12:1. The first number is the odds at the begining of the season, the second is the odds now.

Pittsburgh 7/1 9/2

Chicago 12/1 5/1

San Jose 10/1 11/2

Washington 10/1 6/1

Detroit 6/1 12/1

Until the mods ban the Hawks fans, we're going to respond to these posts.

??? I don't post a lot but I have been coming here longer than you have. Do you really want fans of other teams banned so you can all just be right all the time and stoke each other off?

I guess maybe you might but there are others here capable of talking hockey without being total homers.

Oh, and just to add, I said on p.2 that the Joe needed to be our 6th skater today - and they were. The place was really rocking.

The speakers on my PC have a "3D" button - I turned it on and suddenly I could barely hear the NBC commentary. It was beautiful :)

Wow, what a homer statement. Might wanna get your eyes checked buddy. Eaves landed more solid square punches. Just because he got cut, doesn't mean he lost. If anything it was closer to a draw. But if you had to pick a winner, it was definitely Eaves.

A-friggin'-men.

Eaves got in a GREAT uppercut that stunned Versteeg shortly before the takedown. Eaves made a great showing and I'd call it a draw with a slight edge to Eaves. And the cut that Eaves had below his eye? Pierre made it sound a lot worse than it was. Blood wasn't streaming down his face or anything.

Or maybe he just made a mistake. You just automatically assume that he is an idiot. Come here to talk hockey, not to troll. I guess that is too difficult for bandwagon Hawks fans.

Yea I must have missed the last LA win when thinking of the standings in my head, oh well, easy mistake. I guess I'm labeled an idiot by this guy because I didn't click on the NHL standings like he did. I don't take things personal anyway, so whatever. It just shows you how close the standings are.

Talking today with Davis35 we said what are the chances that LA plays better than the Wings from here until the end of the year, considering LA has been dropping in the standings, while we're making our way up. Plus we'll be 100% healthy soon! I think finishing 6th in the West is realistic.

I'm sure Chicago, or any top 4 seeds, are praying they don't face the Wings in the 1st round.

Edited by Barrie

??? I don't post a lot but I have been coming here longer than you have. Do you really want fans of other teams banned so you can all just be right all the time and stoke each other off?

I guess maybe you might but there are others here capable of talking hockey without being total homers.

I want anyone banned who thinks Versteeg won the fight.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Are you really going to play the 'I've been here longer than you have" card? We don't want other fans banned, we want the trolls banned who come on here and act like complete idiots.

Are you really going to play the 'I've been here longer than you have" card? We don't want other fans banned, we want the trolls banned who come on here and act like complete idiots.

I know.

These fans only come here when we play the Blackhawks, and only when they win. That's why they only started showing up this season.

If you've been around here that long, then you'll notice that there are several well liked and respected posters of other teams on here. The thing we hate is when other fans come to stick their thumb in our eyes after their team beats the Wings. You haven't done that from what I can tell, but comment about the Eaves fight was off. There was no clear winner, both men got in good shots.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I know.

These fans only come here when we play the Blackhawks, and only when they win. That's why they only started showing up this season.

Exactly. LGW respects members of opposing teams that can contribute to the boards and not act like a complete homer. It's completely different when you only show up after your team beats the Wings and then go all crazy.

Nothing wrong with fans from other teams, it just those fans that only come to stir things up. You and fans of other teams with realistic views and comments are welcome and encouraged.

I dunno, I'm a Hawk fan and unless they tighten up a lot they will not have a long playoff. They (as a team) have played poorly the last 2 weeks or so. They still get points and wins on transition but in the playoffs things get a lot closer and tougher. I want nothing more than a Cup for the Hawks but unless something changes a lot it won't happen this year.

Though they are still missing 2 key players and haven't iced a full team for a game all year, ... not once.

Like I said before though, great game. Would have been nice if NBC actually decided to show all the goals. And i understand that Canada is hockey but to emulate them by bringing in PWG and Milbury is awful. If NBC got to pick a game to show this would have been it and IMO they blew it with piss poor coverage.

Well said. They have to cram in as many commercials as they can. I hate watching those dopes. They are always one-sided. It's like they pick who they are going to praise the entire game and ignore what's happening on the ice. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they talk up the Wings all game.

Not once did they mention who all the injured were on the Wings. And no praise to Jimmy Howard who is being talked about as a calder candidate. No mention of the big contracts that the Hawks signed. Instead they talk about who wore the best tie.

But I guess I'm spoiled with Ken and Mickey who actually talk about the game...

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Well said. They have to cram in as many commercials as they can. I hate watching those dopes. They are always one-sided. It's like they pick who they are going to praise the entire game and ignore what's happening on the ice. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they talk up the Wings all game.

Not once did they mention who all the injured were on the Wings. And no praise to Jimmy Howard who is being talked about as a calder candidate. No mention of the big contracts that the Hawks signed. Instead they talk about who wore the best tie.

But I guess I'm spoiled with Ken and Mickey who actually talk about the game...

Ken and Mickey are by far the best in the business.

How does it feel knowing the only reason you're an even remotely respectable team now is because you spent years and years sulking at the bottom?

Is everyone here under 40 years old? You do realize that was your team at one point.

One other thing back when the Wings sucked I used to go to games up there because it was easy to get seats just like many Wing fans have done recently in Chicago. You pretend like Wings always have filled the arena ... When your team sucked your arena was near empty and you got high draft picks to build a team. Sound familiar?

Is everyone here under 40 years old? You do realize that was your team at one point.

One other thing back when the Wings sucked I used to go to games up there because it was easy to get seats just like many Wing fans have done recently in Chicago. You pretend like Wings always have filled the arena ... When your team sucked your arena was near empty and you got high draft picks to build a team. Sound familiar?

The entire point is you talk a big game despite what your team was a few years back.

If you want to have a civil discussion with people here, don't throw bulls*** at their faces after your team wins a game. Especially if that is the only time you ever post here.

We don't care for opposing fans arguing for the sake of arguing on our board.

Eaves didn't lose the fight. It was a draw.

Go on dropyourgloves or on the FC hockey fight site and you'll see that's what people who know a s*** more about hockey fights than you do are saying.

You obviously know nothing about hockey fights.

Going on all 3 sites, all give the slight edge to Versteeg to push-versteeg, but bleh. Its a ******* hockey fight. Better thing's to argue about

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forum/showtop...id/523315/tp/1/

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f9/chic...17-10-a-135129/

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameE...084#Fight276498