• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Blackawks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

On another note about opposing fans....

Even the worst of opposition fans are treated like KINGS here at LGW compared to other sites. I once registered on a Blues fan site about 2 years back and praised the Blues for a good game against Detroit and wished them luck down the future. They told me to f**k my mom and then banned me from the site. I know that several posters at LGW have had similar experiences.

Don't complain about some Red Wings fans not being exactly welcoming to cocky opposition fans. You'll still be treated 10x better here than elsewhere.

I doubt it. I post over here and on the blues forum (for a few years) as well and I am a hawks fan. I doubt they banned you at the blues forum for no reason whatsoever. They have always been pleasant and fair to me.

He made some great saves and kept us in the game at times. The NBC guys heaped praise on him. This board makes me depressed, I can't believe you guys sometimes.

Okay he made SOME great saves and at no point did I think "man the Wings should be down by two or three goals right now".

Howard did not have a good game and it was basically because of the fact he was playing two back-to-backs.

I doubt it. I post over here and on the blues forum (for a few years) as well and I am a hawks fan. I doubt they banned you at the blues forum for no reason whatsoever. They have always been pleasant and fair to me.

If I could remember exactly what date and thread it was, I'd go there right now and paste the evidence here. A lot of Blues fans get ugly when a Detroit fan shows up. I was immediately banned from the site within a half hour, despite like I said, congratulating the Blues on a recent victory over Detroit and complimenting them on their progress while saying good luck in the future.

Remember, these are the same Blues fans who literally want Red Wing players to bleed to death on the ice and be taken away on stretchers whenever the two teams match up.

Sounds like it was a good game.

Best of the year so far imo. Especially that OT, it was the closest thing to playoff hockey you will get in January.

No change in standings though.

True, but this was one of those games that made me feel really confident about the team and not care so much that were x number of points away from x'th place in the conference. Lidstrom is starting to produce, Datsyuk and Hank looked unbelievable, Eaves continues to impress etc. The Hawks are the best team in the league and we should have won this game. I don't think anyone watching this game can disagree that the Wings are a playoff team, even without Kronwall, Franzen and Holmstrom.

You're not a Wings fan. Chicago hasn't been good long enough for them to hate you.

Apparently we have a "rivalry" with St. Louis. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zetts

I didn't see the game, but Z had a goal and an assist and 8 SOG?? I'm hoping this means he looked more like himself?

DEFinitely. I didn't know Zetts had 8 shots on goal, but I wouldn't put it past him. He, Dats, Bert, Eaves, Helm, etc., played with a whole lot of energy and this has nuthin' to do with what you asked, but I was so damn proud of the way they played against the Hotshots de Jour.

DEFinitely. I didn't know Zetts had 8 shots on goal, but I wouldn't put it past him. He, Dats, Bert, Eaves, Helm, etc., played with a whole lot of energy and this has nuthin' to do with what you asked, but I was so damn proud of the way they played against the Hotshots de Jour.

Yup. 8 SOG according to the box score. And it sounds like Dats was more like his old self, which is a great sign. Hopefully they all keep it up. It's so friggin hard to claw your way up in the standings, we need every point we can squeeze out from here on out.

Hank had a pretty good wrister in the crossbar. I remember Pavel scoring off a wrister a few shooutouts ago too.

Howard made a bunch of great saves in the shootout against Dallas yesterday. I don't think he's too bad at SO's.

It's possible that by the time we got to the SO against the Hawks he was getting tired.

I like this better than thinking that Hossa intimidated him.

Best of the year so far imo. Especially that OT, it was the closest thing to playoff hockey you will get in January.

True, but this was one of those games that made me feel really confident about the team and not care so much that were x number of points away from x'th place in the conference. Lidstrom is starting to produce, Datsyuk and Hank looked unbelievable, Eaves continues to impress etc. The Hawks are the best team in the league and we should have won this game. I don't think anyone watching this game can disagree that the Wings are a playoff team, even without Kronwall, Franzen and Holmstrom.

SO well put. Thanks.

well that was a game I didn't mind losing, we battled hard, came back from behind, and saw some sweet shoot out goals. Now if it were the playoffs and we lost I'd still be mad, but hell I was entertained so no complaints.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting the Wings to get any points out of this one, so two points in the last two games is on par with what I was anticipating anyway.

Still a shame they didn't pick up that third point given how awesome the OT and shootout goals were

Guest Blackhawkdown

Great game today, especially that Overtime 5 minutes, wow.

Detroit looked pretty good, I felt fortunate the Hawks were able to get the extra point. I thought when Bert made that great goal that was probably game, but Hossa came through and the Sharp.

And Dats goal was just nasty haha, I had to laugh at that one, it was great.

Guest Four

Everything seemed to go so right, how did we lose?!

The fight, the two crazy OT dekes... ugh

Okay he made SOME great saves and at no point did I think "man the Wings should be down by two or three goals right now".

Howard did not have a good game and it was basically because of the fact he was playing two back-to-backs.

Nonsense as per usual. The first goal he should have saved. I don't like goals through the 5 hole. The rest of the night he was very good stopping odd man rushes and Hossa several times late just to get the game to a shootout. He wasn't great in the shootout, but he's usually pretty good in that regard.

Babcock absolutely made the right choice going with Howard back to back. Even tired, Jimmy is a much better option than the alternative.

Great game, we should have won this one, too many blown chances but Niemi played solid for the Hawks and Howie did not have a great showing, he may need a rest.

The DRW will be just fine.

GO WINGS!

Edited by Yak19

Nonsense as per usual. The first goal he should have saved. I don't like goals through the 5 hole. The rest of the night he was very good stopping odd man rushes and Hossa several times late just to get the game to a shootout. He wasn't great in the shootout, but he's usually pretty good in that regard.

Babcock absolutely made the right choice going with Howard back to back. Even tired, Jimmy is a much better option than the alternative.

Really? Two shots to the gut means he is making good stops against Hossa? If Hossa hadn't completely whiffed on his last second shot the game would have been over in overtime (not to blame Howard but he wasn't about to save the best chance Hossa had).

Come on, every goaltender makes those saves and they are nothing special.

Also you wouldn't know what the alternative is because the alternative hasn't played a full game for almost a month now. And the one time he was able to play he came in cold against a team that was absolutely spanking the team in front of him.

And "wasn't great" is quite the understatement regarding the shootout. He made it way too easy on the shooters.

Edited by Doc Holliday

At this point I am willing to give Ozzy 2 or 3 games in a row to prove himself. Who said competition was a bad thing and I think Babs can play this to his advantage. We have two capable goalies and why not use them as a tandem?

Just give him ONE game against a not so great team to boost his confidence for crying out loud. Just something. He is rusting right now and I can't remember the last time a goaltender was out for this long without the GM telling him to cool off or have some conditioning stint.

If he had played the Dallas game I sincerely doubt Howard would have let the Chicago game go to overtime.