• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Stu Grimson The Lawyer

Rate this topic

Someone told me recently that Stu Grimson apparently became a lawyer after his hockey career, and now practices for a firm in Tennessee.

I looked it up and even found a link to his firm's site. Scroll down to the bottom to see his profile. It's kind of funny to see all those names and faces, and then all of a sudden you see "The Grim Reaper's" picture there. :lol: WTF?

http://kgeb-law.com/attorneys.htm

I honestly had no idea that he became a lawyer and can't think of any NHL players who retired and went to law school. There's one guy who'll never face a malpractice suit from an unsatisfied client.

He's gotta be like some kind of idol for you isn't he? Maybe you can ask him for a job. That and hit Jordin Tootoo where it really hurts. His wallet.

I'm not licensed in Tennessee, so he couldn't give me anything other than a really bad beating.

Yeah, I'm a Wings fan and I love hockey fights, so I've always liked Grimson. However, him being a lawyer puts the icing on the cake for me. I need to move him up on my hockey love list. :D

I imagine most of his clients in Tennessee don't know who he is though, since hockey isn't popular over there. If he was a lawyer in say Detroit or Chicago where he played, it'd be different.

Speakin' of tough-guys, GMR, you watching the Dallas game. Ott and the Wild's goalie just got into a fight haha

I hate Ott, so I'm not surprised.

Anyway, I wasn't intending for this thread to be one about tough guys, as much as asking people if they had any idea that Grimson turned to law school after hockey.

I've met many lawyers before and gone on various firm sites, but never saw a legendary NHL enforcer as one of the attorneys at a firm.

He was also a nut during his playing days, so it's funny to see how different he is off the ice.

I hate Ott, so I'm not surprised.

Anyway, I wasn't intending for this thread to be one about tough guys, as much as asking people if they had any idea that Grimson turned to law school after hockey.

I've met many lawyers before and gone on various firm sites, but never saw a legendary NHL enforcer as one of the attorneys at a firm.

He was also a nut during his playing days, so it's funny to see how different he is off the ice.

I remember him leaving the NHL due to concussions and post concussion stuff, wouldn't that effect you as a lawyer? Regardless, it's impressive to go from one career to a complete opposite career.

I remember him leaving the NHL due to concussions and post concussion stuff, wouldn't that effect you as a lawyer? Regardless, it's impressive to go from one career to a complete opposite career.

I'm not a medical expert, but I don't see why concussions would affect what he does for a living, unless it's some physical behavior like say playing sports.

He's a good guy. My parents knew him and his wife when he was in Detroit and I met him numerous times. The fighters really tend to be some of the nicest, classiest guys off the ice. He was really comfortable speaking as well in any format so the lawyer thing didn't surprise me at all.

Someone told me recently that Stu Grimson apparently became a lawyer after his hockey career, and now practices for a firm in Tennessee.

I looked it up and even found a link to his firm's site. Scroll down to the bottom to see his profile. It's kind of funny to see all those names and faces, and then all of a sudden you see "The Grim Reaper's" picture there. :lol: WTF?

http://kgeb-law.com/attorneys.htm

I honestly had no idea that he became a lawyer and can't think of any NHL players who retired and went to law school. There's one guy who'll never face a malpractice suit from an unsatisfied client.

God knows he's glad they didn't press charges when he beat those people down in his day.

I'm not a medical expert, but I don't see why concussions would affect what he does for a living, unless it's some physical behavior like say playing sports.

One too many punches to the head can affect your brain's processing center pretty easily. In fact, concussions are more likely to cause mentation deficits as opposed to physical deficits.

Stu looks so...clean...in that picture.

Seeing his pic near the bottom of the page makes me think he's on the law firm's 4th line :lol:

If I recall a few years ago he wrote a series of childrens books...I've seen him in enough interviews that you can tell he's quite articulate, and is a very sharp fella...He's exactly what the NHLPA needs to get them in line.

Most here probably thought GMR worked at 1 of those firework stands along the side of the interstate.

Right now I feel like Steve Martin in the "The Jerk" with this job market being what it is. :lol:

One too many punches to the head can affect your brain's processing center pretty easily. In fact, concussions are more likely to cause mentation deficits as opposed to physical deficits.

Stu looks so...clean...in that picture.

I'll take your word for it, doc.

I'm sure if he made it through school and all, his brain is fine, even though it's been overworked and overused.