• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman191

Individual Awards

Rate this topic

We're approaching the two-thirds point of the season, and it's beginning to become more clear who the candidates for the various individual awards are. When it's all said and done, who will win what?

I think before the season ends, Ovechkin will catch Sedin for points and Marleau for goals. If so, I think that makes a pretty good case for the Hart and Pearson awards, considering he missed a good chunk of games (albeit two were due to suspension). He's also leading the league in plus-minus with +28!

I think Miller has the best chance to take the Vezina, and also has a shot at the Hart and Pearson. He leads in save percentage, goals against average, and is one behind Brodeur in shutouts.

As for Red Wings, I think Howard has a good shot at the Calder and Mike Babcock has a good shot at the Jack Adams. There aren't too many overwhelmingly impressive rookies this year, and Howard is posting spectacular numbers. To nab the Calder, I think all he has to do is keep getting starts and keep posting numbers similar to what he's been doing.

If Babcock can get us on a good run after the Olympic break and get us into a 5th or 6th playoff seed I think he has to be considered.

Anyway, who do you think will win:

Art Ross:

Richard:

Hart:

Pearson:

Calder:

Vezina:

Selke:

Lady Byng:

Norris:

Jack Adams:

Art Ross: Ovechkin

Richard: Ovechkin

Hart: Ovechkin

Pearson: Ovechkin

Calder: Myers (maybe Howard if he keep his stats up)

Vezina: Miller

Selke: Don't know

Lady Byng: Datysuk

Norris: Green (UGH!!!)

Jack Adams: Babcock

Obviously I have a bias, but I think Ovechkin will win the scoring and goal titles, and in turn win the Hart and Pearson. Miller or Brodeur will win the Vezina, leaning Miller since his stats are better, other then wins. Myers is the front runner for the Calder right now. Green will sadly win the Norris, he has the most points of any D-men, and he was a finalist last year. Selke is impossible to predict, Datysuk won't win it.

Babcock should win if Detroit makes the play-offs. He should of won it already to be honest.

Calder: Myers

Selke: Madden

Byng: Marleau

Norris: Lidstrom. If I had to pick someone else? Keith.

Adams: Gretzky; him stepping down was the best move he could make for the Coyotes.

Guest Lidstromboli

Hart: Gaborik

Pearson: Thornton

Selke: Plekanec, doubt he'll win it though

Lady Byng: Parise or Richards

Norris: Keith

Jack Adams: Tippett

Selke: Madden

Byng: Marleau

Norris: Lidstrom. If I had to pick someone else? Keith.

Adams: Gretzky; him stepping down was the best move he could make for the Coyotes.

Lidstrom? Really?

Richard: Patrick Marleau

Calder: Howard (if we get into playoffs and we make a run)

Selke: Darren Helm (I don't know who to put.. this is obviously a joke)

Byng: Lidstrom

Norris: Lidstrom

Adams: Joe Sacco

Lidstrom? Really?

Lidstrom has been very good defensively, although his offense has been less than we would normally expect. Even though he's not "The Nick" I would still probably at the very least consider taking him first of all defensemen. Green doesn't even merit consideration because of his one-dimensional game, Niedermayer is in the same scoring range and not nearly as good defensively.

Keith, Boyle, Doughty, Bouwmeester, Pronger, Chara, and Weber are the other guys who would get a look or two. A healthy Kronwall would also be on this list if he had continued the way he was playing instead of being injured; his offensive pace would put him at 10th in defense scoring and he was performing very well defensively.

We're approaching the two-thirds point of the season, and it's beginning to become more clear who the candidates for the various individual awards are. When it's all said and done, who will win what?

I think before the season ends, Ovechkin will catch Sedin for points and Marleau for goals. If so, I think that makes a pretty good case for the Hart and Pearson awards, considering he missed a good chunk of games (albeit two were due to suspension). He's also leading the league in plus-minus with +28!

I think Miller has the best chance to take the Vezina, and also has a shot at the Hart and Pearson. He leads in save percentage, goals against average, and is one behind Brodeur in shutouts.

As for Red Wings, I think Howard has a good shot at the Calder and Mike Babcock has a good shot at the Jack Adams. There aren't too many overwhelmingly impressive rookies this year, and Howard is posting spectacular numbers. To nab the Calder, I think all he has to do is keep getting starts and keep posting numbers similar to what he's been doing.

If Babcock can get us on a good run after the Olympic break and get us into a 5th or 6th playoff seed I think he has to be considered.

Anyway, who do you think will win:

Art Ross:

Richard:

Hart:

Pearson:

Calder:

Vezina:

Selke:

Lady Byng:

Norris:

Jack Adams:

Bold prediction here (literally): Derek Meech sets NHL record with sweep of every available award.