• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Your favorite out of the signees?

Rate this topic

I'd have Bert and Eaves sign new contracts in a heartbeat.

Miller has been good and deserves a contract IMO. Would be a great replacement for Maltby on the 4th line when he hangs up his skates.

Williams hasn't had enough playing time for me to make a decision...

Edited by BigWinston

We can't - that's why I said COULD HAVE and not PASSED UP ON - My point was allocation of cap space... also, I find it very hard to believe that Prospal would have passed up on a chance to play on the wing with Dats...

Like FinWing said, you don't know that we could have. Just because he was available and signed for the same amount of money doesn't mean we could have gotten him.

Could the Islanders have gotten Hossa for 7.45 last season?

We can't - that's why I said COULD HAVE and not PASSED UP ON - My point was allocation of cap space... also, I find it very hard to believe that Prospal would have passed up on a chance to play on the wing with Dats...

It has been speculated that Prospal didn't get along with Babcock in Anaheim, whereas he's always enjoyed playing for John Tortorella in Tampa and so the move to New York was a no-brainer.

Of this season's signings/pick-ups, I'll say this:

Williams, wasn't a big fan of his when he played here before, and not a fan of retreads in general, but before he went down he was playing better than I expected, and was looking forward to seeing his chemistry with Flip and Leino continue.

Bertuzzi, was on the fence about him, he was definitely one of the elite power forwards in his prime, but his last stint in Detroit led me to believe that he was well past his prime. However, I was impressed with how he stepped up his game this year, he has not been the defensive liability many made him out to be, and we would have been in a whole world of hurt if he hadn't had that 8 goals in 8 games stretch, he basically carried the whole team on his back.

Eaves, I was probably the most excited about this signing, I pictured this being a similar situation to Cleary's arrival, a high first round pick who didn't live up to his scouting report, but who still has what it takes to play and be a solid contributor, and he has done nothing but impress since he cracked the regular line-up.

May, his contributions have not been as tangible, but then again he was not brought in to be an every day player, rather someone who is rotated into the lineup when we are playing a team with goons and "enforcers".

Miller, I thought he would end up being the 13th forward, but as more and more regulars went down, he was able to step in and play solid hockey, killing penalties, finishing checks, providing energy, and most importantly chipping in timely goals.

That being said, I could care less if May or Williams are back (in fact, I think Williams should have to earn his roster spot back given how well Miller and Eaves have played in his absence), Miller should be offered a contract, Bertuzzi will most likely merit a modest raise and a 2 to 3 year contract, and I think Eaves should be given a multi-year deal at around 2 mil per, similarly to Cleary's deal.

It has been speculated that Prospal didn't get along with Babcock in Anaheim, whereas he's always enjoyed playing for John Tortorella in Tampa and so the move to New York was a no-brainer.

I was unaware there was any animosity between Babs and Prospal...

Patrick Eaves of course! He is what you call a team player. You're never going to sign someone better for 500k... I don't think it will be just 500k next year though. That's okay, because he is only going to get better.

I was unaware there was any animosity between Babs and Prospal...

Just speculation. Maybe there was something more substantive on it but that was a few years ago so I don't remember. But look at it this way: he played for two years with Torts, left and played one year in Anaheim, but then went back to Tampa for three more years. Torts got fired, he only played one season under Melrose/Tocchet, then went to Torts' new place at New York. Seems like that's who he wants to play for.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Bertuzzi has been the best value by far, and at many times been our best forward, but Eaves has been my favorite.

This is not a Lebda and a 4th round pick for Lucic type scenario... it's simple semantics...

Prospal was an UFA and signed for 1.5

Williams was an UFA and signed for 1.5

I don't see where the confusion on your part is... pretty cut and dry...

<_<

Yes, because it is a proven fact that if a team would like to sign a player that the player will show mutual interest. Give me a ******* break, the Wing's have now had 3 golden chances to get Prospal and the fact that is hasen't happened yet tells me that either one or both sides are not interested, mainly due to Babcock and Prospal not liking each other.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

:rolleyes:

this way too hard to choose, mostly because they all bring something different that we needed so badly. while i love great and timely scoring, the work ethic and heart miller and eaves bring (which helm and abs probably rubbed off on them) are immeasurable. they work their asses off every shift, and i think ill have to pick both of them.

Bert's been the 'best' signing.

Eaves has been the most pleasant surprise.

Miller isn't a signee, but was a very nice acquisition.

May's been about what was expected, Williams remains to be seen.

Hahaha, exactly what I was going to say. Kudos!

I couldn't pick between Bert and Eaves.

I love that Bert's getting another shot and starting to prove himself again and I think he'll finish the season (as in playoffs) strong.

I love Eaves because he's under the radar, young, cheap and a hard worker who's making the most of a great opportunity at a career restart. I hope he stays a Wing for a long time.

May's a fun guy to have around, but eh...

Williams, who knows? He's been injured, but eh...yeah, but eh...

Bert followed by Eaves. Though Bert has picked up a few dumb penalties lately he's been an offensive threat and had he had better puck luck earlier in the year he'd have 3-5 more goals at least. Worth every penny so far IMO.

Eaves has been an excellent third liner and that line has been extremely effective more often than not because of him.