• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Osgood v Babcock round 2

Rate this topic

I hate goaltenders. All of them. Just play the game without them. We'll see higher scores and no more of these brutal threads.

*Raises a glass to BlueMonk for a beautiful post* :chug:

However, this seems like something worth posting. Looks like Osgood and Babcock have given themselves a few awkwards hugs and made up.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100123/SPOR...will-help-Wings

GOALIE UPDATE: Babcock said Jimmy Howard will start tonight and will continue to start for the time being, citing Howard's youth as the reason he might start back-to-back games Tuesday and Wednesday. As much as Chris Osgood would like to play more -- he has started once this month -- he is contrite about comments he made earlier in the week. Tuesday at Washington, Osgood's first start since Dec. 20, he criticized how the goalie rotation was done, and made a point of how he'd gotten Babcock to the Stanley Cup finals twice.

"That was just emotions that got to me," Osgood said. "That's not what I'm like at all. Mike and I have always had good conversations and work together well. We talked and everything is good. ... But I know what I have to do. Howie is playing really well, and my job partially is to help him along, be a good teammate for him. At the same time, I still want to play. But the bottom line is, we need to win games, get points and get into the playoffs. I'm on board with that 100%."

However, this seems like something worth posting. Looks like Osgood and Babcock have given themselves a few awkwards hugs and made up.

Dammit Osgood! We need more drama!

How else are we going to get this thread to 50 pages?

That sounds more like the Osgood I know and love. Exactly what I wanted to hear from him. :clap:

That's the way Ozzie. Makes me a little more sympathetic towards him now that he did the right thing in my opinion.

This is good to hear, though I do hope Babcock balances things out somewhat more. As I've said, I just don't think pissing Osgood off to high-heavens while letting him get rusty on the bench is a real good idea. I never really felt Osgood's mouthiness was wholly appropriate, but it's hard to blame him the way things were going given Babcock's handling of the situation with the rotation and in the press. He never outrightly attacked Osgood, but he made enough veiled comments and inconsistent statements that reporters then shove back in Osgood's face...you know, it's just not a real easy situation for anyone to deal with, even the usually cool Osgood. Hopefully after the Olympic break things settle down for good...

with howie's performance tonight and the makeup that babs and ozzie had the other day me thinks that they will absolutly start oz maybe next week. Did anyone here about Lils, I'm a little skeptical of it at the moment with all the reports of his headaches and all but if it's true i hope hes ready to board a moving train.

STICK IN THEIR WINGS!!!!!

with howie's performance tonight and the makeup that babs and ozzie had the other day me thinks that they will absolutly start oz maybe next week. Did anyone here about Lils, I'm a little skeptical of it at the moment with all the reports of his headaches and all but if it's true i hope hes ready to board a moving train.

STICK IN THEIR WINGS!!!!!

Howard didn't play poorly tonight at all. I think Osgood will get more starts than he's gotten lately, but I don't think Howard played in a manner to throw off what Babcock has put out there thus far for the next week.

Howard didn't play poorly tonight at all. I think Osgood will get more starts than he's gotten lately, but I don't think Howard played in a manner to throw off what Babcock has put out there thus far for the next week.

He didn't play like he deserves 12 starts in a row, either.