• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Osgood v Babcock round 2

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Ozzie looks solid but I wish he wouldn't wander so far away from the net.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
To be fair I say the same thing about Howard.

Howard isn't nearly this bad. Ozzie is making saves and ends up in BFE.

Does he not work on his 5-Hole?

Glue his ******* pads together or something, christ.

Of all his five hole goals against, that was probably the best one.

I mean you have Backstrom THAT close to the net and he will likely have a good shot at scoring. Osgood having trouble with the butterfly but there was a million things wrong with that situation.

He could of been worse. The team did not hold up around him, PP was bad, took bad penalities.

I am concerned about his five hole though. It seems practically every goal is a five hole on him.

He could of been worse. The team did not hold up around him, PP was bad, took bad penalities.

I am concerned about his five hole though. It seems practically every goal is a five hole on him.

That's the problem when you are a standup goaltender trying to be butterfly.

I don't get his little swat the puck away move when he tries to stop a five hole shot. Seriously, keep the stick there.

I don't think it's a coincidence that teams always score on Osgood's five-hole. They probably watch videos and realize that is his weak point... On the second goal, I knew that was right where the shot was going.

So, can we expect more jabs via the press soon? I know some of you are pissed, but I kind of like Ozzie being a little sassy, even if he isn't playing great. Come on guys, its so American (and maybe Canadian) to question leaders, especially when the ship is listing. Babcock could use a little ruffling to keep him on his toes. However, I give Babs the Vegas line on this war of words. He is one tough customer.

So, can we expect more jabs via the press soon? I know some of you are pissed, but I kind of like Ozzie being a little sassy, even if he isn't playing great. Come on guys, its so American (and maybe Canadian) to question leaders, especially when the ship is listing. Babcock could use a little ruffling to keep him on his toes. However, I give Babs the Vegas line on this war of words. He is one tough customer.

Babcock is a hardass. He can take a little jabbing in the media.

That's the problem when you are a standup goaltender trying to be butterfly.

I don't get his little swat the puck away move when he tries to stop a five hole shot. Seriously, keep the stick there.

Yep. I don't get his issue. It seems so simple. :unsure:

Anyways I'm not going to kill him for it tonight. I'll blame those goals on rust. I would expect Osgood to make those timely saves at the end of the game though... Hopefully he improves on the five hole, because I think he was very aggressive and otherwise looked better than I thought he would.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Ozzie cannot run his mouth and give up weak 5-hole goals at the same time.

Babcock is a hardass. He can take a little jabbing in the media.

I hear you. I'm trying to imagine those awkward encounters in the locker room. Personally, I would probably fall on my knees and blubber for forgiveness to Babcock's steely gaze ("Coach, Coach, I'm sorry, I'm sorry man...), but Ozzie may not care. Still, he was given a talking to before by Holland and it made an impact. How long until Holland steps in?

Edited by Stiffy

Guest R2D2

Osgood has some nerve, after playing like garbage all year he publicly disgraces his coach. Then puts up a horrid save % and weak performance. RETIRE OSGOOD, PLEASE.

Like I posted in another thread, Ozzie wasn't bad tonight. Lucky winner the Cap's got but Howard would have had the second one. Ozzie just isn't catching any breaks. He lacks the ability to bail us out when we need it which is pretty much every game. Howie does that. Ozzie could be rusty yes but we can not afford to throw him in to the mix in our situation and wait for him to shake of the rust.

I still feel we ride Howard until we are in or when we pretty much have no chance.

Oh Puhlease, This is no Babcock conspiracy against Osgood. The reason Osgood is starting is simple. Washington is in the Eastern Conference and not ahead of the wings in the standings.

That's some very thoughtful logic.

Then how do you explain Howard starting against the Islanders and Carolina (two far weaker teams)?

Osgood had my trust until he started letting in weak goals.

We're not in a position where we can afford to let Ozzie play like crap to try and find himself; we need points.

Howard will obviously get the vast majority of starts until he s***s the bed.

Osgood had my trust until he started letting in weak goals.

We're not in a position where we can afford to let Ozzie play like crap to try and find himself; we need points.

Howard will obviously get the vast majority of starts until he s***s the bed.

Really? Tonight he was playing like crap?

For f***s sake, this game was similar to Howard's against Chicago when it cames to the goals he let in.