• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kateriyan

Which Is Your Favorite Sport?

Rate this topic

My favorite sport is rugby and high jump.. I like rugby because i am one of the best tacklers in my year.. its a long story... Before i went to the school that i am at now,, i was playing rugby with my friends and i swear to one of my friends that i would never play rugby and i would never ever like it at all,, but look were i am am in the squad for year 8, and why i am in there is because i am one of the best tacklers as i mentioned and in the squad i play flanker.. I like high jump because the first time i played it was in year four and i should of came first but this guy cheated, which i cant remember how, but i came second and i hadn't done high jump until year 8 and i came second best in my year and i hadn't played it in like three to four years so i was quite good at it.. Post back and tell me what your favorite sports are and why!! see later!!

Hockey followed very closely by College Football. Baseball is about the only other sport I enjoy watching now. I used to love the NBA, but can't tolerate watching that garbage now.

I never really got into the NBA.

For a long time I watched baseball the most, but the roids era kinda stopped that, along with the retirement of Cal Ripken.

Hockey, been playing roller hockey all my life but the rink around here just got sold and they took the tile out and made it conrete for speed skating =(. I would play ice but the ice rink also just got sold and turned into a go kart place

My second sport is paintbal

To watch, a tie between football (primarily college) and hockey.

All other sports I don't have too much of an interest in to really watch a full game of something unless it's for a playoff or championship, at least if it were on TV.

I typically have a good time though at live sporting events, go to New Orleans Hornets games down here infrequently and alwyas have fun at those even though I don't follow them or the NBA all that much.

Baseball is #1 for me, but my favorite sports team to follow is the Wings. Weird huh :huh:? Figure that one out?

So Baseball #1, Hockey #2, and Football is a distant #3. I only watch Basketball if the Pistons and/or Michigan State is winning.

Interesting combo, you're all over the country with your teams.

lol yea I've been a fan with all of those teams my whole life and always will be.

Alabama- born and raised here in Alabama. Went to school there. I have season tickets there and Alabama is my #1 team.

Detroit Red Wings- my dad's side of the family is from the Kalamazoo, Otsego, Allegan, Three Rivers, Schoolcraft, etc area who are all HUGE red wings fans. My whole life they were getting me into the Wings.

Atlanta Braves- Dad played in the minors for the Braves so he got me into the Braves at an early age.

Minnesota Vikings- in the early 90s when I was getting into Alabama football. My favorite player David Palmer was drafted in '94 by the Vikings so I started to follow them and they've been my team ever since then.

LA Lakers- growing up a huge Magic Johnson fan.

lol yea I've been a fan with all of those teams my whole life and always will be.

Alabama- born and raised here in Alabama. Went to school there. I have season tickets there and Alabama is my #1 team.

Detroit Red Wings- my dad's side of the family is from the Kalamazoo, Otsego, Allegan, Three Rivers, Schoolcraft, etc area who are all HUGE red wings fans. My whole life they were getting me into the Wings.

Atlanta Braves- Dad played in the minors for the Braves so he got me into the Braves at an early age.

Minnesota Vikings- in the early 90s when I was getting into Alabama football. My favorite player David Palmer was drafted in '94 by the Vikings so I started to follow them and they've been my team ever since then.

LA Lakers- growing up a huge Magic Johnson fan.

Bama is the one SEC team that has always fascinated me, mainly because my Dad is a Tennecheat fan :lol:

Ohio State Buckeyes

Detroit Red Wings

Baltimore Orioles

Cleveland Browns

And I must admit a bit of a soft spot for anyone playing Michigan or the New York Yankees :D

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

To watch:

1. Hockey (NHL, then international, then SEL).

2. Rugby union (international, Heineken Cup and finally national leagues (don't really support a particular team))

3. Soccer (international)

4. Tennis

5. Cross-country skiing (not sure why, but I've always absolutely loved watching it)

To play:

1. Rugby (including touch, which I play a lot of)

2. Soccer (though I haven't played since uni)

3. Hockey gets a low rating primarily because I grew up (and now work) in Belgium, where there isn't really any proper hockey league, so I've never played at a more serious level than roller-blading on the street or skating on the pond with friends.

4. Skiing, but I've never done it competitively.

5. Racquet sports (badminton followed by tennis).

Guest Shoreline

As far as sport leagues go:

NHL -> NFL -> nothing else. I will watch the olympics only if there's nothing better to watch, and soccer for the same rationale and only during the world cup, not due to thinking the US or Canada will win, but to watch fans of Mexico to declare they are gonna go all the way then lose out in similar choking fashion. Also like seeing Brazil and England lose too. A lot of English people I know are pretty sore losers. ;)

I don't have too much of a preference as to what I play. I don't mind golf either, well, playing it. Just don't be surprised if we go to a driving range when I slice it over the net into some fairway and piss off a few golfers playing the holes.

Edited by Shoreline