Which Is Your Favorite Sport?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 kateriyan

kateriyan

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

My favorite sport is rugby and high jump.. I like rugby because i am one of the best tacklers in my year.. its a long story... Before i went to the school that i am at now,, i was playing rugby with my friends and i swear to one of my friends that i would never play rugby and i would never ever like it at all,, but look were i am am in the squad for year 8, and why i am in there is because i am one of the best tacklers as i mentioned and in the squad i play flanker.. I like high jump because the first time i played it was in year four and i should of came first but this guy cheated, which i cant remember how, but i came second and i hadn't done high jump until year 8 and i came second best in my year and i hadn't played it in like three to four years so i was quite good at it.. Post back and tell me what your favorite sports are and why!! see later!!

#2 The Mule

The Mule

A Nightmare on Helm Street

• Silver Booster
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hockey > MMA > Baseball > Football > Basketball

#3 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

Hockey and football(soccer) are my two favourite sports hard to choose between them. Next would be Gaelic Football which most people on this forum probably have never heard of tongue.gif

#4 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Baseball is my #1. I grew up watching baseball with my dad. Hockey is my #2. I have no other favorite sports after that.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

Hockey > Everything else

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

College football has a slight edge on hockey for me.

CFB > Hockey >>>> NFL >>>> MLB
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#7 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

Hockey followed very closely by College Football. Baseball is about the only other sport I enjoy watching now. I used to love the NBA, but can't tolerate watching that garbage now.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#8 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (GoWings1905 @ February 4, 2010 - 09:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hockey followed very closely by College Football. Baseball is about the only other sport I enjoy watching now. I used to love the NBA, but can't tolerate watching that garbage now.

I never really got into the NBA.

For a long time I watched baseball the most, but the roids era kinda stopped that, along with the retirement of Cal Ripken.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#9 redwngsfan019

redwngsfan019

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hockey, been playing roller hockey all my life but the rink around here just got sold and they took the tile out and made it conrete for speed skating =(. I would play ice but the ice rink also just got sold and turned into a go kart place

My second sport is paintbal
Posted Image
^Thanks TeeMan!

www.pbnation.com

#10 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Hockey> College Football>Baseball>Soccer>Curling>Tennis>CFL
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#11 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

Hockey > Basketball > Baseball > Nearly every other sport > American Gridiron Football

#12 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

Baseball is #1.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#13 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

To watch, a tie between football (primarily college) and hockey.

All other sports I don't have too much of an interest in to really watch a full game of something unless it's for a playoff or championship, at least if it were on TV.

I typically have a good time though at live sporting events, go to New Orleans Hornets games down here infrequently and alwyas have fun at those even though I don't follow them or the NBA all that much.

#14 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

If it's overall sport for EVERYTHING, hockey. I sometimes enjoy watching baseball, but its much more fun to play it IMO. Same for basketball.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#15 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

Baseball is #1 for me, but my favorite sports team to follow is the Wings. Weird huh :huh:? Figure that one out?

So Baseball #1, Hockey #2, and Football is a distant #3. I only watch Basketball if the Pistons and/or Michigan State is winning.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#16 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

University of Alabama
Detroit Red Wings
Atlanta Braves
Minnesota Vikings
LA Lakers

Posted Image

#17 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

University of Alabama
Detroit Red Wings
Atlanta Braves
Minnesota Vikings
LA Lakers

Interesting combo, you're all over the country with your teams.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#18 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Interesting combo, you're all over the country with your teams.

lol yea I've been a fan with all of those teams my whole life and always will be.

Alabama- born and raised here in Alabama. Went to school there. I have season tickets there and Alabama is my #1 team.

Detroit Red Wings- my dad's side of the family is from the Kalamazoo, Otsego, Allegan, Three Rivers, Schoolcraft, etc area who are all HUGE red wings fans. My whole life they were getting me into the Wings.

Atlanta Braves- Dad played in the minors for the Braves so he got me into the Braves at an early age.

Minnesota Vikings- in the early 90s when I was getting into Alabama football. My favorite player David Palmer was drafted in '94 by the Vikings so I started to follow them and they've been my team ever since then.

LA Lakers- growing up a huge Magic Johnson fan.

Posted Image

#19 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

lol yea I've been a fan with all of those teams my whole life and always will be.

Alabama- born and raised here in Alabama. Went to school there. I have season tickets there and Alabama is my #1 team.

Detroit Red Wings- my dad's side of the family is from the Kalamazoo, Otsego, Allegan, Three Rivers, Schoolcraft, etc area who are all HUGE red wings fans. My whole life they were getting me into the Wings.

Atlanta Braves- Dad played in the minors for the Braves so he got me into the Braves at an early age.

Minnesota Vikings- in the early 90s when I was getting into Alabama football. My favorite player David Palmer was drafted in '94 by the Vikings so I started to follow them and they've been my team ever since then.

LA Lakers- growing up a huge Magic Johnson fan.

Bama is the one SEC team that has always fascinated me, mainly because my Dad is a Tennecheat fan :lol:

Ohio State Buckeyes

Detroit Red Wings

Baltimore Orioles

Cleveland Browns

And I must admit a bit of a soft spot for anyone playing Michigan or the New York Yankees :D

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 30 March 2010 - 06:12 PM.

Get a clue already.

#20 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

mainly because my Dad is a Tennecheat fan :lol:

:thumbdown:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users