• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pavel Hossyukstrom

Skating treadmill

Rate this topic

Has anyone ever tried one of these? Do they use these in the NHL?? It definately adds a new dimension to skating haha!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

The Wings have one. I remember seeing a conditioning episode of Red Wings Live, or at least an interview, where Kris Draper went through his routines - one of which was to use the skating treadmill.

I still get weary about the synthetic ice and the impact it will have on my blades... they had one of these at my home rink back when I played travel hockey, but I never used it... always weirded me out... then again, this was 12 years ago, so the technology has probably greatly improves... still weirds me out though...

They're use a lot with skate manufacturers to test products. Having a treadmill in the same building as the design team helps a lot, no need to transfer product to and from a rink for testing and they can operate on their own schedule.

Hey, i've been reading www.letsgowings.com for a few years now, and i do most of my viewing from work, which is why i haven't posted until now. I work at the ice rink in Troy, and the commercial you were talking about was for The Core, which is located inside our rink and owned by Kris Draper. Its a facility that specializes on building core strengths and other specialized training areas, which include all hockey strengths and other sports. I am a HS Hockey Coach and played AAA hockey and a little bit, small nuance of Juniors. I have worked out in the Core and used the skating treadmill for 2 years now, and let me say, its INTENSE, and well worth it. You'd be surprising how cheap the prices are.

this is not solicitation, i believe in the Core, and I will be posting on the forum from now on!

the website is:

www.coresportsfitness.com

take care, and i hope this information helps.

till next time take care.

Tony