• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ManLuv4Clears

Leino or Miller

Rate this topic

Leino vs. Miller  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So Ansar Khan just came out with an article stating he thinks the Wings line-up when everyone returns to health will have Leino playing on the third line and Miller being a scratch. I personally think that is garbage the way Miller has out performed Leino in pretty much every facet of the game, so I wanted to see what the other LGW Monday morning GMers think about it.

Last year Leino showed a tremendous potential with a questionable attitude and this year the attitude has stayed with performance slowed. Miller has come in off the waiver wire and done more than expected but his upside could be limited. What say you if we had to scratch or send one packing?

edit: I should have adjusted this to say keeping one over losing the other to waivers to make it a little more meaningful.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

Miller has outperformed Leino in every aspect of the game since we picked him up. It's not that hard to see that Leino has the talent to be a better player than Miller (as well as about half the team), but he's allowing himself to lose the small battles which is exactly what this team doesn't need.

Miller will be in.

Miller has outperformed Leino in literally every way possible. More goals, more assists, more defense, a better plus/minus, more game-winning goals, he's a reliable force on the PK and he brings a lot of energy. I would be completely perplexed if Leino got ice time over Miller at this point. Sure, Miller doesn't have a great set of hands, but Leino hasn't been able to use his hands all season, so what good are they?

Why the hell Babcock put Leino on the shootout way before Flip boggles my mind...

Right?! I couldn't believe it.

I'm convinced that whoever voted for Leino did so just to be, 'that guy'.

Funny how this thread pops up right after Miller wins us the shootout.

I voted Miller regardless, but Leino didn't have that terrible of a game last night. He had a couple of decent chances. Or maybe I was just drunk.

What's even more funny is that if you took 30 seconds to read the first post you'd know that is has nothing to do with last nights game and is in response to Ansar Khan's MLive article.

edit: and I thought Leino looked better last night than usual

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

Why the hell Babcock put Leino on the shootout way before Flip boggles my mind...

Despite not reaching potential this year I think Leino is a more talented goal scorer than Filppula. That's by no means to imply he is a better player but I think he has a better nose for the net. Also, I think it was a strategy to try and light a fire under Leino's ass. I made mention of this in another thread a few days ago. I think it would have potentially done wonders for Leino had he been given a chance like this and then scored. For a guy who wants to score goals putting the puck in the net after this long would surely have felt good. It'd remind him what he feels like and hopefully make him want it even more. Plus, the game rested on his shoulders. His confidence would have gotten an automatic boost had he scored.

Obviously right now Miller is bring a lot more to the Wings than Leino is. In the short term Miller will be playing before Leino - no question. This will be the same come playoff time too. Miller's style of play and effectiveness will win out all day long.

That being said, if it were lose one guy on waivers and hold onto one guy I think the Wings choice, and mine, would be to hold onto Leino. Unfortunately guys like Miller, although not a dime a dozen, are replaceable around the league and it's not usually entirely too difficult to do so. Skill is at a premium and despite not showing much this season Leino still has the potential to turn into a strong scoring threat for the Wings down the line.

Fun discussion answer: Keep Leino and lose (as much as it pains me to say) Miller to the waiver wire

Real Life Answer: Miller plays before Leino for the rest of the season and 2010 playoffs

Edited by mmamolo

I voted for Miller playing in the 3rd line. But that doesn't mean Leino is going anywhere.

Miller and Leino will rotate for the 3rd line (Filppula and Williams) spot. May will be gone. It's not between Miller and Leino, because both are staying. I've already said this a long time ago. This Ansar Khan guy must have been reading my posts.

edit: The poll's question should be "Who will play on the 3rd line?" if it's referring to Khan's article.

Edited by Finnish Wing