• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rage

Which NHL Players Smoke?

Rate this topic

Those women look like they're in their 40's.

That whole scence looks like something from the 70's. Not that I was around then, but geezz!!

Looks like backstage at Harpos or something!!

Kipprusoff is pretty bad from what I've read. Pretty wild how NHLers can smoke and do all that and still play at a top level.

You would think that a pro hockey player wouldn't smoke since it reduces lung capacity.

Exactly. I can't believe what they can do given they are smokers.

Guest micah
Terry Sawchuk was a light smoker.

Light? Doubtful. Terry didn't half-ass his bad habits.

Guest micah
I read that at one time. Smoking wasn't his thing, it got in the way of drinking.

lol - okay, that makes more sense.

you don't chew dip....dip is tobacco you put in your lip and spit...chewing tobacco you chew on just like what its called. trust me...chekc out my username if you want to argue that point. snuff is something totally different is powder that you put in your lip or you snort a little bit.

:thumbup:

Yep. That is exactly what got me going on this!! LOL. I had this thread up before the show was over (just watched a rerun of it today).

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed!! :cool:

LoL the funny thing is, I was half tempted to post a thread of a similar topic haha. Crazy.

you don't chew dip....dip is tobacco you put in your lip and spit...chewing tobacco you chew on just like what its called. trust me...chekc out my username if you want to argue that point. snuff is something totally different is powder that you put in your lip or you snort a little bit.

That's right, but not how it's marketed nationally or internationally. Most people think of dip as chew and snus as dip and snuff as chew. Go figure.

This is stolen from wiki and edited by me to add personal opinion and a few other facts.

Best stuff: snus, a moist and scandinavian form of snuff which is placed under the lip (usually the upper unless you're like me and a convert from chewing tobacco) and typically does not result in the need for spitting. Pasteurized. Moist according to wiki. I prefer dry.

Next best: chewing tobacco, tobacco furnished as long strands which is placed between the cheek and gum or teeth. Fermented.

Never tried and have no desire: snuff (luktsnus in Swedish and luktesnus in Norwegian), a dry form of snuff which is inhaled or "snuffed" through the nose.

Not appealing, but I'd try it before snuff: dipping tobacco (also known as dip, spit tobacco or confusingly even moist snuff), a moist and American form of Swedish snuff which is placed between the lower lip and the gums and often causes excess saliva while dipping.

I sell snus and chew where I work and people drive me nuts trying to explain what they want.

And for the record: snus rhymes with moose, not with fuss.

Edited by 55fan

That's right, but not how it's marketed nationally or internationally. Most people think of dip as chew and snus as dip and snuff as chew. Go figure.

This is stolen from wiki and edited by me to add personal opinion and a few other facts.

Best stuff: snus, a moist and scandinavian form of snuff which is placed under the lip (usually the upper unless you're like me and a convert from chewing tobacco) and typically does not result in the need for spitting. Pasteurized. Moist according to wiki. I prefer dry.

Next best: chewing tobacco, tobacco furnished as long strands which is placed between the cheek and gum or teeth. Fermented.

Never tried and have no desire: snuff (luktsnus in Swedish and luktesnus in Norwegian), a dry form of snuff which is inhaled or "snuffed" through the nose.

Not appealing, but I'd try it before snuff: dipping tobacco (also known as dip, spit tobacco or confusingly even moist snuff), a moist and American form of Swedish snuff which is placed between the lower lip and the gums and often causes excess saliva while dipping.

I sell snus and chew where I work and people drive me nuts trying to explain what they want.

And for the record: snus rhymes with moose, not with fuss.

I could never understand snuff. I watched my friend try it for the first time and his nose was running with that browning color and it made his head hurt, no buzz, just a pain.. And it was only a little bit. I also heard from another friend that his mom would stick a chunk up her nose and let it sit there like you would by keeping it in your lip. And now from what you stated from wiki you can inhale it too. Meh, I don't get it, that's why I stay away from it. Don't wanna look like I'm sniffing cocaine or anything.

OP I saw exactly the moment you referred to on wingspan. It was kronwall doing bench presses and they close upped his face and his teeth were seemingly smoke stained. I thought the same thing to myself.

It's probably snus, lots of swedes do it and it's terrible for your teeth and gums.

Guest mindfly

SNUS

ettan1.jpg

You bake the sort-of-wet tobbacco with your finger tips then put it up under your upper lip and then let it stay there for 15-30mins, the fluid that comes from it contains all the stuff the nicotine people love, its bad for teeth and s*** but not as bad as smoking they say.

snus.jpg

snus_1193120176.jpg

It's far from that chewing s*** the baseball players have in their cheek and then spitting it out..

Edited by mindfly

LoL the funny thing is, I was half tempted to post a thread of a similar topic haha. Crazy.

Even funnier is I lived in Waterford for about 4 years!! lol

Great minds.......

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Kiprusoff quit smoking in the summer and hired a personal trainer. Probably why he has been so good this season.

When was Kipper bad?

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Last season he was in pretty rough shape. The drop in his numbers wasn't only due to a terrible defense, it was partially to do with Kipper.

I bet it also explains why he always looks so wiped out in the playoffs. Well, that and he never really gets rest.

I bet it also explains why he always looks so wiped out in the playoffs. Well, that and he never really gets rest.

Yeah. McElhinney is garbage.

I hope the cutting back of drinking and quitting smoking means he can play 65+ games. I can't see Brent Sutter playing McBackup very much considering the Flames aren't in a playoff spot and he just cost us a valuable game.

SNUS

ettan1.jpg

You bake the sort-of-wet tobbacco with your finger tips then put it up under your upper lip and then let it stay there for 15-30mins, the fluid that comes from it contains all the stuff the nicotine people love, its bad for teeth and s*** but not as bad as smoking they say.

snus.jpg

snus_1193120176.jpg

It's far from that chewing s*** the baseball players have in their cheek and then spitting it out..

Thanks for the pics, babe.

Intersting, but in the US, "Swedish" snus comes in little pouches. That's probably why I keep mine in the lower lip.

Im in the process of reading Theo Fleury's book and he was a degenerate smoker, in the book he talks about smoking in between periods and s***. As we all know he also had other problems like snorting mounds of coke and drinking lemon stoli right out of the bottle. It's a great book, pick it up !