• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

You would think that a pro hockey player wouldn't smoke since it reduces lung capacity.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#22 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (kook_10 @ January 22, 2010 - 06:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phaneuf and Kipper

Those women look like they're in their 40's.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#23 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

Smoke what???
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#24 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (mindfly @ January 22, 2010 - 06:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where do you find all these pictures with hockey pro's partying with random people lol i remember that disgusting picture where shrek, oh i mean malkin, kisses i girl in a disgusting way

google is a wonderful thing. i'd never seen this pic of Shanny before - classic! i think i'd rather have my pic snapped with a cigarette than a ball gag though!

works every time

#25 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (XxGoWingsxX @ January 22, 2010 - 06:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OP I saw exactly the moment you referred to on wingspan. It was kronwall doing bench presses and they close upped his face and his teeth were seemingly smoke stained. I thought the same thing to myself.

thumbup.gif

Yep. That is exactly what got me going on this!! LOL. I had this thread up before the show was over (just watched a rerun of it today).

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed!! cool.gif

Posted Image

#26 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Barrie @ January 22, 2010 - 06:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those women look like they're in their 40's.

That whole scence looks like something from the 70's. Not that I was around then, but geezz!!

Looks like backstage at Harpos or something!!

Posted Image

#27 rage

rage

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Detroit # 1 Fan @ January 22, 2010 - 06:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kipprusoff is pretty bad from what I've read. Pretty wild how NHLers can smoke and do all that and still play at a top level.

QUOTE (Howard He Do It?! @ January 22, 2010 - 06:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You would think that a pro hockey player wouldn't smoke since it reduces lung capacity.

Exactly. I can't believe what they can do given they are smokers.

Posted Image

#28 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Terry Sawchuk was a light smoker.

lighten up people, it's the internet!

#29 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Bobby Hull

#30 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (miller76 @ January 22, 2010 - 08:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Terry Sawchuk was a light smoker.

Light? Doubtful. Terry didn't half-ass his bad habits.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#31 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (micah @ January 22, 2010 - 04:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Light? Doubtful. Terry didn't half-ass his bad habits.

I read that at one time. Smoking wasn't his thing, it got in the way of drinking.

#32 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (miller76 @ January 22, 2010 - 08:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read that at one time. Smoking wasn't his thing, it got in the way of drinking.

lol - okay, that makes more sense.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#33 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

you don't chew dip....dip is tobacco you put in your lip and spit...chewing tobacco you chew on just like what its called. trust me...chekc out my username if you want to argue that point. snuff is something totally different is powder that you put in your lip or you snort a little bit.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#34 XxGoWingsxX

XxGoWingsxX

I trust Pavel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (rage @ January 22, 2010 - 07:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thumbup.gif

Yep. That is exactly what got me going on this!! LOL. I had this thread up before the show was over (just watched a rerun of it today).

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed!! cool.gif

LoL the funny thing is, I was half tempted to post a thread of a similar topic haha. Crazy.
I trust your daughter to Pavel, You should too!

#35 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 22, 2010 - 06:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you don't chew dip....dip is tobacco you put in your lip and spit...chewing tobacco you chew on just like what its called. trust me...chekc out my username if you want to argue that point. snuff is something totally different is powder that you put in your lip or you snort a little bit.

That's right, but not how it's marketed nationally or internationally. Most people think of dip as chew and snus as dip and snuff as chew. Go figure.

This is stolen from wiki and edited by me to add personal opinion and a few other facts.

Best stuff: snus, a moist and scandinavian form of snuff which is placed under the lip (usually the upper unless you're like me and a convert from chewing tobacco) and typically does not result in the need for spitting. Pasteurized. Moist according to wiki. I prefer dry.

Next best: chewing tobacco, tobacco furnished as long strands which is placed between the cheek and gum or teeth. Fermented.

Never tried and have no desire: snuff (luktsnus in Swedish and luktesnus in Norwegian), a dry form of snuff which is inhaled or "snuffed" through the nose.

Not appealing, but I'd try it before snuff: dipping tobacco (also known as dip, spit tobacco or confusingly even moist snuff), a moist and American form of Swedish snuff which is placed between the lower lip and the gums and often causes excess saliva while dipping.

I sell snus and chew where I work and people drive me nuts trying to explain what they want.

And for the record: snus rhymes with moose, not with fuss.

Edited by 55fan, 22 January 2010 - 07:48 PM.

#36 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

Didn't Samsonov get in trouble for mary-jooanna?
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#37 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (kook_10 @ January 22, 2010 - 07:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phaneuf and Kipper

Looks like Dion and Kipper where enjoying the Cougar Life!! Thats funny stuff!!

#38 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 22, 2010 - 07:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's right, but not how it's marketed nationally or internationally. Most people think of dip as chew and snus as dip and snuff as chew. Go figure.

This is stolen from wiki and edited by me to add personal opinion and a few other facts.

Best stuff: snus, a moist and scandinavian form of snuff which is placed under the lip (usually the upper unless you're like me and a convert from chewing tobacco) and typically does not result in the need for spitting. Pasteurized. Moist according to wiki. I prefer dry.

Next best: chewing tobacco, tobacco furnished as long strands which is placed between the cheek and gum or teeth. Fermented.

Never tried and have no desire: snuff (luktsnus in Swedish and luktesnus in Norwegian), a dry form of snuff which is inhaled or "snuffed" through the nose.

Not appealing, but I'd try it before snuff: dipping tobacco (also known as dip, spit tobacco or confusingly even moist snuff), a moist and American form of Swedish snuff which is placed between the lower lip and the gums and often causes excess saliva while dipping.

I sell snus and chew where I work and people drive me nuts trying to explain what they want.

And for the record: snus rhymes with moose, not with fuss.

I could never understand snuff. I watched my friend try it for the first time and his nose was running with that browning color and it made his head hurt, no buzz, just a pain.. And it was only a little bit. I also heard from another friend that his mom would stick a chunk up her nose and let it sit there like you would by keeping it in your lip. And now from what you stated from wiki you can inhale it too. Meh, I don't get it, that's why I stay away from it. Don't wanna look like I'm sniffing cocaine or anything.

#39 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (XxGoWingsxX @ January 23, 2010 - 12:15AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OP I saw exactly the moment you referred to on wingspan. It was kronwall doing bench presses and they close upped his face and his teeth were seemingly smoke stained. I thought the same thing to myself.

It's probably snus, lots of swedes do it and it's terrible for your teeth and gums.

#40 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

SNUS

You bake the sort-of-wet tobbacco with your finger tips then put it up under your upper lip and then let it stay there for 15-30mins, the fluid that comes from it contains all the stuff the nicotine people love, its bad for teeth and s*** but not as bad as smoking they say.

It's far from that chewing s*** the baseball players have in their cheek and then spitting it out..

Edited by mindfly, 22 January 2010 - 08:40 PM.