• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Ville Leino Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

the hit would've been better if it weren't for the fact that pretty much anyone can knock Leino over like that

Funny how before the season begun there was talk about Leino being a possible Calder Trophy winner. No one would have guessed then that while that wasn't gonna happen Wings still had another rookie that was going to be pushing hard for the Calder.

Funny how before the season begun there was talk about Leino being a possible Calder Trophy winner. No one would have guessed then that while that wasn't gonna happen Wings still had another rookie that was going to be pushing hard for the Calder.

That and guys like Cleary were quoted saying that fans should grab Leino asap for their fantasy teams. And when he scored that goal against St. Louis in the season opener I bet a lot of people on here really thought about it or even did it. So much hope for him and it just didn't work out.

In Finland we have this saying: "Koirat haukkuu ja karavaani kulkee."

In English word to word: "Dogs keeping barking but the caravan goes on."

Basically: "HATERZ GONNA HATE!"

But why do they keep hating? Is it because he had an assist to the GWG on Sunday? I dunno.

But why do they keep hating? Is it because he had an assist to the GWG on Sunday? I dunno.

Read the post above yours. He could still be here if he didn't think that he was a superstar.

I think "haters gonna hate" is generally used when someone/something is actually good.

I'm just wondering why people still keep talking about this if they think we got the better end of that deal and everything went well. Everything's great so let's move on right?

Or is there some bitterness in the air?

Guest Lidstromboli

Because it's fun. I'm sure all the Uwe Krupp jokes here are because people are so bitter.

Because it's fun. I'm sure all the Uwe Krupp jokes here are because people are so bitter.

What happened in that case btw? Did Detroit pay him?

I tried to google, but didn't find anything. I wasn't around here back then. Reading through some stories saying that Red Wings hired private investigators etc. Kinda evil...

I wouldnt have him playing for Grand Rapids.

Agreed, he would just poison everyone down there and set a horrible role model for Ritola/Tatar etc.

Leino doesn't even deserve to be in this great country, he should go back to being a s***ty player for a s***ty Finland league.

Not in the slightest.

Because he barely did anything here and people have their whipping boys.

I don't play that game and wish him nothing but the best, but Leino did very little/nothing to help his cause, so the whipping boy status is more than justified.

Just because it is one of your favorite players doesn't make it any more wrong than other players who might fall victim to this.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Not in the slightest.

Because he barely did anything here and people have their whipping boys.

I don't play that game and wish him nothing but the best, but Leino did very little/nothing to help his cause, so the whipping boy status is more than justified.

Just because it is one of your favorite players doesn't make it any more wrong than other players who might fall victim to this.

Yeah, but I generally don't hate any player. It just seems kinda sick when people would want player X to get hit by a bus or something like that. I'm no hippie or anything like that, but why do people even need to bash players? I understand when you say that "player X is overpaid" or "didn't play well tonight" etc. I have my favourite players, whom I wish to do well. I support them. But there aren't a player whom I wished bad things to happen.

Yeah, but I generally don't hate any player. It just seems kinda sick when people would want player X to get hit by a bus or something like that. I'm no hippie or anything like that, but why do people even need to bash players? I understand when you say that "player X is overpaid" or "didn't play well tonight" etc. I have my favourite players, whom I wish to do well. I support them. But there aren't a player whom I wished bad things to happen.

No doubt about it, I'm with you.

I rarely like it either, but it's part of the forums for better/worse so just gotta deal with it.