• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Ville Leino Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler

I don't know why all Leino fans keep bringing up that he gets an assist once in a while as a testament to his quality. I'm sure the Wings and Flyers really wanted him just for the occasional assist and not even reliable for that.

Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler Hudler

Who would you rather have?

Who was the majority of the board preferring at the beginning of the season?

Who would the majority of the board prefer now?

I don't know why all Leino fans keep bringing up that he gets an assist once in a while as a testament to his quality. I'm sure the Wings and Flyers really wanted him just for the occasional assist and not even reliable for that.

I just wanted to point that out because it seems that people aren't satisfied with him getting traded and they still need to bash him. Now I ask, why? People want him to do badly, so that the trade would look better, which I think is stupid. If people really were satisfied with the trade then obviously they wouldn't have bitterness or something like that to cause them to post comments like above here.

I wish well for every former Red Wings player if he isn't a child abuser or a murderer etc. This is only a sport, so I really don't know why people HATE some players like they do.

I also was definitely support keeping Hudler, but you aren't so stupid that you'd think it was a choice between him and Leino.

I myself never ever said he would do something like top 40 points this season. That was just another example of the wrong kind of optimism by the Wings fan, just like this Leino hating now.

After Hudler was gone and Leino was here, everyone said Hudler sucks etc. and said that Leino will win the Calder. Now that Leino is gone and OKT is here, everyone says that Leino sucks. Just to make the things look better for us.

Leino isn't half the player Hudler is, but to say something like he won't have a chance to be a NHL-level player in the future is just stupid. The guy's cap hit was 800k for god's sake.

Edited by Finnish Wing

I just wanted to point that out because it seems that people aren't satisfied with him getting traded and they still need to bash him. Now I ask, why? People want him to do badly, so that the trade would look better, which I think is stupid. If people really were satisfied with the trade then obviously they wouldn't have bitterness or something like that to cause them to post comments like above here.

I wish well for every former Red Wings player if he isn't a child abuser or a murderer etc. This is only a sport, so I really don't know why people HATE some players like they do.

People don't have to be murderers and such to be disliked. There's gonna be in betweens there. One of them is insulting Hockeytown. He may not have directly done so, but when you're whining for a spot on the Wings roster, threatening to go back to Finland if not, and then you come up and play like utter s*** and persist in the premodana act by saying you can't be helped to do the hard working plays, you just want to score goals (while scoring almost none), good riddance.

It's not like he was dealt a dirty deck and everyone is wishing him ill will. He was given every opportunity to take what he wanted. He basically demanded that he play on the big club and he did. He was given a chance with every player to develop chemistry and didn't. Aside from the early season chemistry he had with Flip and Williams. But that was lost with Flips injury and never found again. He was consistently outworked and often gave up on plays way too early. He made stupid comments to the press. He was prone to trying the same move over and over, even though he only got worse with each attempt. He had a golden opportunity to establish himself with a depleted line-up and was simply TOO ******* LAZY to take advantage of it. Which is as much a slap in the face to you, a fan, as it is to the organization that handed him a silver platter.

The guy is a slug. Get over it.

Guest Crymson

Who would have cost $2m more?

The only reason he even has any points at all is he's playing with Briere and Richards and seeing powerplay time. He's a lazy butt-lunch who got hammered by Stewie twice when we played him proving that he has not changed.

He hasn't played with Richards at all and he hasn't even been on the PP at all basically.

The games he played with Gagne and Briere, he was the best player of them three.

It's not like he was dealt a dirty deck and everyone is wishing him ill will. He was given every opportunity to take what he wanted. He basically demanded that he play on the big club and he did. He was given a chance with every player to develop chemistry and didn't. Aside from the early season chemistry he had with Flip and Williams. But that was lost with Flips injury and never found again. He was consistently outworked and often gave up on plays way too early. He made stupid comments to the press. He was prone to trying the same move over and over, even though he only got worse with each attempt. He had a golden opportunity to establish himself with a depleted line-up and was simply TOO ******* LAZY to take advantage of it. Which is as much a slap in the face to you, a fan, as it is to the organization that handed him a silver platter.

The guy is a slug. Get over it.

How do you know it was anything about being lazy? I think there's a big difference of being a lazy or having zero self-confidence. Do you think he didn't want to play for this team? Do you think he didn't want to succeed? It just didn't work. But you have no proof that it was anything about being lazy. If he plays with his own strenghts, knows that he maybe doesn't win corner battles, but can make plays.

And the organization didn't hand him no "silver platter". He was the Finnish league MVP and there's was bunch of choices he could've gone to. Red Wings wanted him. It was nothing about "giving a chance". He played so good in the AHL the he deserved to start in the NHL. Things happened and he got traded. Life goes on. Better for Red Wings, better for him.

I just bet that OKT + the guy we gonna get from that 4th round pick will play less games in this league than Leino.

Leino is locker room cancer.

He's an awful human being and is just lazy Eurotrash.

He is only getting points in Philly because he is playing with great North American players. Leino was the sole reason for the Red Wing's struggles and it's not a coincidence that he's never actively played on a team playing well(Red Wings started winning without him, and Philly started losing). He's a horrible influence and contributes nothing but a warm body that gets body checked by the opposing team.

He is everything that is wrong with the NHL, he is slow, soft, unmotivated and unintelligent. I'm just glad the Wings got the only good Finnish player ever in Flippula, hopefully he's the last player that wears the Winged wheel from that useless country.

People don't have to be murderers and such to be disliked. There's gonna be in betweens there. One of them is insulting Hockeytown. He may not have directly done so, but when you're whining for a spot on the Wings roster, threatening to go back to Finland if not, and then you come up and play like utter s*** and persist in the premodana act by saying you can't be helped to do the hard working plays, you just want to score goals (while scoring almost none), good riddance.

"When you're whining..." gimme a break.

Talk about one media comment getting a little too much weight here on LGW. Leino is a 800k guy. He's better in providing offense than shutting down opposite guys. Don't you think it's good for player to know their strength and weaknesses? He just wasn't good enough to be on top6 here. But that kinda player he is. You don't put Teemu Selanne on a checking line to do checking, because that's not what kinda player he is.

It was obviously Detroit's mistake if the believed that Leino can be in top6 and provide enough offense which he couldn't. After that trying to move him to the 4th line is just admitting that mistake. There are bunch of players outside NHL who are more skilled than many NHL 3rd liners, but not skilled enough to be in a top6 role and not good enough defensively to be on 3rd or 4th line. It isn't about disrespecting the organization or the fans if you know what kinda player you are, but are frustrated to live up to the expectations.

Teemu Selanne suddenly stops providing offense and the coach puts him to 4th line. Is it being lazy and disrespecting the organization if he says that he isn't 4th line type player? As I said, Red Wings gambled on Leino, believing he could provide enough offense. Don't see anything about "insulting Hockeytown" there.

How do you know it was anything about being lazy? I think there's a big difference of being a lazy or having zero self-confidence. Do you think he didn't want to play for this team? Do you think he didn't want to succeed? It just didn't work. But you have no proof that it was anything about being lazy. If he plays with his own strenghts, knows that he maybe doesn't win corner battles, but can make plays.

And the organization didn't hand him no "silver platter". He was the Finnish league MVP and there's was bunch of choices he could've gone to. Red Wings wanted him. It was nothing about "giving a chance". He played so good in the AHL the he deserved to start in the NHL. Things happened and he got traded. Life goes on. Better for Red Wings, better for him.

I just bet that OKT + the guy we gonna get from that 4th round pick will play less games in this league than Leino.

It doesn't take an eagle eye to spot laziness on the ice. Backchecking and winning battles for the puck have more to do with tenacity than confidence. He said himself that he's no Darren Helm, he doesn't muck and fight for the puck. Right now, he's weak on the puck. Everyone in the NHL can knock him off it. He won't get any stronger unless he decides to start fighting for the puck more. No desire to fight for the puck = laziness, imo.

As far as the silver platter, he had an incredible opportunity to establish himself as a top 6 forward and see first line minutes for huge chunks of the season... instead he rode the bench. If I were him, I'd be kicking myself in the ass.

Edited by Broken 16

Leino is locker room cancer.

He's an awful human being and is just lazy Eurotrash.

He is only getting points in Philly because he is playing with great North American players. Leino was the sole reason for the Red Wing's struggles and it's not a coincidence that he's never actively played on a team playing well(Red Wingsw started inning without him, and Philly started losing). He's a horrible influence and contributes nothing but a warm body that gets body checked by the opposing team.

He is everything that is wrong with the NHL, he is slow, soft, unmotivated and unintelligent. I'm just glad the Wings got the only good Finnish player ever in Flippula, hopefully he's the last player that wears the Winged wheel from that useless country.

Troll keeps trolling. Some of those comments are so insulting personally that I'm not even gonna comment on that.

Troll keeps trolling. Some of those comments are so insulting personally that I'm not even gonna comment on that.

What? I thought I'm supposed to hate everything that's not directly involving the Red Wings organization?

It doesn't take an eagle eye to spot laziness on the ice. Backchecking and winning battles for the puck have more to do with tenacity than confidence. He said himself that he's no Darren Helm, he doesn't muck and fight for the puck. Right now, he's weak on the puck. Everyone in the NHL can knock him off it. He won't get any stronger unless he decides to start fighting for the puck more. No desire to fight for the puck = laziness, imo.

As far as the silver platter, he had an incredible opportunity to establish himself as a top 6 forward and see first line minutes for huge chunks of the season... instead he rode the bench. If I were him, I'd be kicking myself in the ass.

The only reason he had that opportunity was because there were injuries. Red Wings had never planned at start of the season to have Leino in top6. Maybe they should have taken a guy like Hulder who is definitely a top6 guy, rather than Leino + Williams who are 3rd liners on an offensive roles. Red Wings made a mistake to trust in width rather than top skill.

As I said, it's the organization that gives those players their playing time and pays their salary. If some player sucks or is overpaid, he isn't responsible to the fans for it. It's the organization, who made a mistake signing player X on some specific role and paying the money, if it doesn't work. If you got offered a 800k a year to play for the Red Wings, would you not do it?

Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest Lidstromboli

Teemu Selanne suddenly stops providing offense and the coach puts him to 4th line. Is it being lazy and disrespecting the organization if he says that he isn't 4th line type player?

I wonder who would have more weight on their respective teams.

Selanne

605G | 654A |1259P | +92

Leino

11G | 9A | 20P | -3

Edited by Lidstromboli

I wonder who would have more weight on their respective teams.

Selanne

605G | 654A |1259P | +92

Leino

11G | 9A | 20P | -3

Selanne was an example of a player who isn't good enough defensively to anywhere outside top6 or in an offensive role in 3rd line, meaning PP time as well. Leino isn't a 4th line player. He admits that he isn't good enough in checking and stuff like that compared to a guy like Helm for example. What's the problem there? He says what kinda player he is. Is it wrong to know your own strengths and weaknesses? I think it's just good that the coaching staff knows what kinda players they have in the team. I'd basically have too options, press box or playing him in a top6/3rd line offensive role. Red Wings did the former and he was interviewed about it. He explained about his problems and suddenly it means that he is whining?

If my grandpa got a contract with the Red Wings and was sent to the press box because he couldn't skate would it be whining that he explained his own strenghts and weaknesses in a interview regarding it?

The only reason he had that opportunity was because there were injuries. Red Wings had never planned at start of the season to have Leino in top6. Maybe they should have taken a guy like Hulder who is definitely a top6 guy, rather than Leino + Williams who are 3rd liners on an offensive roles. Red Wings made a mistake to trust in width rather than top skill.

The injuries are besides the point. The opportunity was there. BIG TIME. He could have been a hero, like Howard. Instead, he's poisoning the Flyer bench. Heh.

As I said, it's the organization that gives those players their playing time and pays their salary. If some player sucks or is overpaid, he isn't responsible to the fans for it. It's the organization, who made a mistake signing player X on some specific role and paying the money, if it doesn't work. If you got offered a 800k a year to play for the Red Wings, would you not do it?

Maybe... just to get the money. Kinda like Leino did. Lol.

The injuries are besides the point. The opportunity was there. BIG TIME. He could have been a hero, like Howard. Instead, he's poisoning the Flyer bench. Heh.

Maybe... just to get the money. Kinda like Leino did. Lol.

We have guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk who get a bit more money than Leino did. And yes they deserve it, but that isn't the point. The fact is that Leino could've easily been awarded a bigger contract in some other teams like Thrashers for example. In KHL he would've gotten an even bigger contract. So if you think it's about money you're SO wrong.

You're just disappointed that he wasn't good enough and now you're mad at HIM even when it's the Red Wings who made the decision (mistake) of signing him obviously.

We have guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk who get a bit more money than Leino did. And yes they deserve it, but that isn't the point. The fact is that Leino could've easily been awarded a bigger contract in some other teams like Thrashers for example. In KHL he would've gotten an even bigger contract. So if you think it's about money you're SO wrong.

I said it's about laziness. Not money. But yes, if given the opportunity, I would probably take 800k to be a useless pylon.

You're just disappointed that he wasn't good enough and now you're mad at HIM even when it's the Red Wings who made the decision (mistake) of signing him obviously.

Disappointed? Sure. Mad? Not a chance. The only person who should be mad is Ville. At himself for being such a lazy ass.

I said it's about laziness. Not money. But yes, if given the opportunity, I would probably take 800k to be a useless pylon.

Disappointed? Sure. Mad? Not a chance. The only person who should be mad is Ville. At himself for being such a lazy ass.

"Maybe... just to get the money. Kinda like Leino did. Lol."

Or maybe Ken Holland for offering him that contract?