• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Ville Leino Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

He was scratched because Laviolette said he ain't gonna chance a winning lineup. He said already later, that Leino wasn't scratch because he wasn't "good enough". He was also injured for few games when they playoffs started.

Then came the other injuries and he took his chance. You can say he's on a hot streak, but he's still leading the scoring among rookies in the playoffs. I find it kinda hard to believe that he wouldn't be an NHL in the future.

i am not saying that there weren't good reasons for him not playing; i am implying that he wasn't anything special for most of his time in philly. he has had a good couple of weeks, no one disputes that. however, the nhl and all sports have had many players that appeared to be great early on and then flamed out. jim carey won the vezina in 1996 and was out of the nhl a couple of years later.

Edited by dobbles

i am not saying that there weren't good reasons for him not playing; i am implying that he wasn't anything special for most of his time in philly. he has had a good couple of weeks, no one disputes that. however, the nhl and all sports have had many players that appeared to be great early on and then flamed out. jim carey won the vezina in 1996 and was out of the nhl a couple of years later.

Of course he wasn't anything special. The guy had totally lost his confidence and had a poor regular season under him. You've got to see the potential there as a coach if you're willing to let him play over some other guys. Laviolette actually probably wasn't even gonna play him, but the injuries forced him to do it. Leino took his chance and now Laviolette can just be thankful for the injuries, becuase he didn't see the potential.

I'm by no way saying that Leino will continue his ppg game through the next regular season and on, but I think that Carey-comparison is a poor one.

Of course he wasn't anything special. The guy had totally lost his confidence and had a poor regular season under him. You've got to see the potential there as a coach if you're willing to let him play over some other guys. Laviolette actually probably wasn't even gonna play him, but the injuries forced him to do it. Leino took his chance and now Laviolette can just be thankful for the injuries, becuase he didn't see the potential.

I'm by no way saying that Leino will continue his ppg game through the next regular season and on, but I think that Carey-comparison is a poor one.

i am not saying i think he is destined to a similar fate as carey, however you seem to be asserting that because of his last 10 games that all but guarantees he will have a long and productive nhl career. i find that more preposterous than the carey comparison myself. so i felt it prudent to remind you that lots of young players have hot stretches and then quickly fade. if anything, leino's good play last year followed up by a pretty bad year implies that maybe he is just going to be a streaky guy that gets hot for 10 games and then floats the rest of the season. the jury is still out though. however, aside from you, i still think most people are pretty pessimistic that the last 10 games has been the real ville leino.

i still think most people are pretty pessimistic that the last 10 games has been the real ville leino.

As I said, I don't expect that he continues playing like that through the next regular season etc. But I can say that this Ville Leino is closer to the real one than what we saw here in Detroit this season. Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest mindfly

Maybe all our Swedes just didn't want a Finn in the lineup.

Fillpulla has already become a Swede, so he doesn't count. :P

Nope, Flip is not a bilangual fin that speak swedish fluently as well as finnish.... <_<

On Hockeycentral at Noon today, Mike Brophy said something like "Wouldn't the Wings look good right now with him on the third line"? I don't know how many more chances they could have given him in that role while he developed zero chemistry with the third liners.

Guest mindfly

Who knows, that 5th rounder they got from philly could be a Nyquist/Ritola

Guest CaliWingsNut

HAHA... just had the thought of... what if NHL Marketing/Gary jumped on the Leino train?

Guest Crymson

He was useless and lazy when he was with the Wings, and players with the latter trait do not last here. In any event, his loss was not felt in the least; we needed cap space, and he made it clear that he'd never play in the AHL.

I'm glad for Leino that he's doing well with the Flyers, but I don't think even the most egregious subscribers to hindsight criticism would rip on Holland for getting rid of him.

Wasn't one of Ville's complaints while in the AHL that GR wasn't much of a social scene and so he couldn't find a girlfriend?

I'm sure Scott Hartnell's wife (or whatever) has some hot friends. Maybe one of them likes guys that have a pug look to them like Leino does.

Wasn't one of Ville's complaints while in the AHL that GR wasn't much of a social scene and so he couldn't find a girlfriend?

I'm sure Scott Hartnell's wife (or whatever) has some hot friends. Maybe one of them likes guys that have a pug look to them like Leino does.

I wonder if there were any tensions between Scott Hartnell and Adam Hall when they played together in Nahville.I believe Hartnell's wife dated Adam Hall for a while.

av-14497.jpg

Right but I believe Leino had the same complaints.

I wonder if there were any tensions between Scott Hartnell and Adam Hall when they played together in Nahville.I believe Hartnell's wife dated Adam Hall for a while.

A certain phrase comes to mind. It rhymes with floppy feconds.