1983 Joe Kocur

1986 Johan Garpenlov

2005 Darren Helm

In comparison, 7th rounders under the same criteria:

1981 Greg Stefan

1990 Jason York

1999 Henrik Zetterberg

2002 Derek Meech

A 7th rounder might have been better value.

And now, of course, I have to list the 1st rounders.

1980 Mike Blaisdell

1982 Murray Craven

1983 Steve Yzerman

1984 Shawn Burr

1985 Brent Fedyk

1986 Joe Murphy

1987 Yves Racine

1989 Mike Sillinger

1990 Keith Primeau

1991 Martin Lapointe

1993 Anders Eriksson

1998 Jiri Fischer

2000 Niklas Kronwall

2001+ yet to see full time duty (Kindl has seen 3 games, Smith 0, McCollum 0)

5th rounders since 1980 who had or are having productive NHL careers:

1983 Petr Klima

1983 Joe Kocur

1986 Johan Garpenlov

2005 Darren Helm

Nothing could bring these boards together quicker than another Kocur. *sniff*

Nothing could bring these boards together quicker than another Kocur. *sniff*

I am hoping for another Probert, without the off-ice problems. As long as he has the ability to play on the top-three lines, score 15-20 goals and do so with the intimidation factor, I don't care if he goes all season with 0 fights or 20; unlike the enforcer slappies who want a 5 minute fourth liner who contributes nothing but 20 fights, and he MUST have 20 fights or it's a bad signing.

Holland and Babcock messed up with Leino. He could have been great here. Philly put some weight on him and gave him a chance, and all we have to show for it is Ole and a 5th round pick. Let's hope we get something out of the pick at least.

I'm happy to see Ville do well. Strange that he has turned into the force that we thought he would. Too bad he wasn't playing better prior to the trade to increase his value, a third rounder is more appropriate.

Arent we all gonna look foolish when Leino single handedly wins the cup and the conn smythe to go with it. On a serious note he has looked really good, I dont know what his actual ice time was tonight but it seemed like he played 45 minutes, he was all over the ice.

Arent we all gonna look foolish when Leino single handedly wins the cup and the conn smythe to go with it. On a serious note he has looked really good, I dont know what his actual ice time was tonight but it seemed like he played 45 minutes, he was all over the ice.

Amazing how a guy develops when he doesn't have to worry about getting ran every shift...

He led the Flyers forwards in ice time with 23+ mins!

Holland and Babcock messed up with Leino. He could have been great here. Philly put some weight on him and gave him a chance, and all we have to show for it is Ole and a 5th round pick. Let's hope we get something out of the pick at least.

Leino was the best player on the ice last night, as he has been most nights in these playoffs. :thumbup:

Beast. Good job, Kenny. So glad we've got that 5th.

Really guys? Seriously.

More power to him for doing good in Philly right now, I'm happy for him, but HE DID BARELY ANYTHING HERE, henceforth trading him. I don't regret trading him whatsoever since HE BARELY DID ANYTHING HERE.

I'm glad he's excelling so far in Philadelphia and am happy for him, but at the pace he was contributing with the Wings, or lack thereof is a better term, he probably wouldn't have even been playing in the playoffs.

Blaming Holland for this is beyond stupid when Leino BARELY DID ANYTHING HERE.

And Stevie Wonder could've scored that goal in the open net last night, so keep your pants on for pete's sake.

Really guys? Seriously.

More power to him for doing good in Philly right now, I'm happy for him, but HE DID BARELY ANYTHING HERE, henceforth trading him. I don't regret trading him whatsoever since HE BARELY DID ANYTHING HERE.

I'm glad he's excelling so far in Philadelphia and am happy for him, but at the pace he was contributing with the Wings, or lack thereof is a better term, he probably wouldn't have even been playing in the playoffs.

Blaming Holland for this is beyond stupid when Leino BARELY DID ANYTHING HERE.

And Stevie Wonder could've scored that goal in the open net last night, so keep your pants on for pete's sake.

Surprisingly, the Wings organization can make mistakes, and I believe this is one of them. But then again, I have stuck up for Leino since the beginning. I have watched him for years now in GR and he was by far one of the most promising. His stick handling was at times as good as Pavel. He created scoring opportunities and opened holes in the defense. He didn't do anything here because they didn't know how to use him. I believe he was the sacrificial lamb to the Wings s***ty year. They threw him out there unprotected and he got clobbered every shift. Philly has him up several pounds and he is now running guys on the ice. Big difference. This one will be regretted in the long run. He was one of the most promising guys in GR and we gave him up for Ole-Nothing and a 5th round pick. I can only hope that the next Zetterberg comes from that 5th round pick.

Surprisingly, the Wings organization can make mistakes, and I believe this is one of them. But then again, I have stuck up for Leino since the beginning. I have watched him for years now in GR and he was by far one of the most promising. His stick handling was at times as good as Pavel. He created scoring opportunities and opened holes in the defense. He didn't do anything here because they didn't know how to use him. I believe he was the sacrificial lamb to the Wings s***ty year. They threw him out there unprotected and he got clobbered every shift. Philly has him up several pounds and he is now running guys on the ice. Big difference. This one will be regretted in the long run. He was one of the most promising guys in GR and we gave him up for Ole-Nothing and a 5th round pick. I can only hope that the next Zetterberg comes from that 5th round pick.

I have no ill feelings towards Leino and I am not a slappy in any way and realize everybody makes mistakes, sometimes you guess wrong and the like, but again, HE BARELY DID ANYTHING WITH HIS TIME FOR THE WINGS, and he had plenty of chances to do so with them (i.e. Babcock putting him out for penalty shots/shootouts to get his confidence up), and he failed to do so, fair or unfair. I don't regret him being traded when HE BARELY DID ANYTHING WITH HIS TIME FOR THE WINGS. And what the heck could they have gotten him for in a trade, at the time, when HE BARELY DID ANYTHING WITH HIS TIME FOR THE WINGS?

Blaming managment for this is utterly ridiculous.

More power to Leino presently and best of luck to him in Philly or wherever else his career takes him.

"That Leino's a special player," Blackhawks wing Adam Burish said. "I feel like when he's got the puck, he's just guarding it out there. He doesn't give it up, he keeps it. He always makes a smart play. (That line's) been pretty dangerous. I give that Leino a lot of credit."

"Ville has been gaining more and more confidence. He's been playing with more confidence every game, it seems. He's strong on the puck and gets in the zone. Sometimes you think the play is dead, but he holds on and they'll be three guys on him, but he finds a way to keep the play alive and create more chances, so he's a pleasure to play with."

Guest mindfly

Leino is just one of them players who looks great in certain systems, obviously he wasn't successful in babcock's 200feet system...so if detroit won't change the system leino would have continued to suck and look lazy and weak in detroit.

Leino is just one of them players who looks great in certain systems, obviously he wasn't successful in babcock's 200feet system...so if detroit won't change the system leino would have continued to suck and look lazy and weak in detroit.

I think it had more to with his confidence rather than system or something like that...

Agreed. Kinda like Kyle Quincy, didn't do much here in Detroit, look at him now In Colorado, hes not doing to shabby. Can you blame Holland? Not at all.

Agreed. Kinda like Kyle Quincy, didn't do much here in Detroit, look at him now In Colorado, hes not doing to shabby. Can you blame Holland? Not at all.

Please explain how it was because of the system that Quincey didn't play so well here. Edited by Finnish Wing

I stopped reading at that point.