• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cusimano_brothers

The importance of the 3-game losing streak...

Rate this topic

After their first 50 games this season, the DRW have had 13 losing streaks, broken down as:

1-game: 7

2-game: 2

3-game: 4

I offer the following as one of the biggest reasons the Club has struggled up to this point in the season: the 3-game losing streak. It has happened four times so far this season. The results of the games in each, plus goals scored and goals allowed, are as follows:

#1 SOL / OTL / L

DET: 6

OPP: 10

#2 L / L / L

DET: 1

OPP: 8

#3 L / L / L

DET: 3

OPP: 10

#4 SOL / SOL / L

DET: 7

OPP: 10.

Out of a possible 24 points during these 3-game losing streaks, Detroit collected 4 points. In the twelve games lost, Detroit was outscored 17 to 38.

If you take just one game in each of the four groups of three and change it to a win, there is a minimum of 6 extra points and a maximum of 8 points more that could have been had. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but please consider the following: add those points to the current total and it pushes them up from a fight for the last playoff spot up to second in their Division and fourth in their Conference.

The last time Detroit registered four 3-game losing streaks in a season was 1989-90.

Most good teams are successful because they minimize the number and length of their losing streaks. The best news is that, so far, the streaks have stopped at three.

So, anyway... have things improved this season? Yes they have.

At the same 50 game mark that I used last season, there has only been one 3-game losing streak thus far, with the first game of the three being an overtime loss. Overall, there is an improvement in wins (+6), points (+10) and points percentage (+.100). Nice.

Nothing is a streak until it hits three imo. You lose one... you lose two in a row... next, you're on a three game losing streak. Even three barely qualifies as having any significance imo. This is really reaching for a negative...

In response to the title of the thread... no importance.

Edited by Broken 16

Four three game losing streaks = 12

Two two game losing streaks = 4

Seven one game losing streaks = 7

12+4+7 = 23

The Wings have only lost 19 total games this year. I admit, I am no math wiz but unless I am missing something 19 does not equal 23.

Edited by moserine

Four three game losing streaks = 12

Two two game losing streaks = 4

Seven one game losing streaks = 7

12+4+7 = 23

The Wings have only lost 19 total games this year. I admit, I am no math wiz but unless I am missing something 19 does not equal 23.

I don't think people realize but this was just cus. bros. bumping from last year. This is not this season's stats. Look at his 2nd post in the thread.....

I don't think people realize but this was just cus. bros. bumping from last year. This is not this season's stats. Look at his 2nd post in the thread.....

My bad! Sorry about that.

:lol:

bumping old threads always f***s w/ me. I thought for a minute myself and said "i dont recall that many 3 game losing streaks, im gonna hit up their schedule and check it myself when i get done w/ the thread."

Luckily now i dont have to :)

:lol:

bumping old threads always f***s w/ me. I thought for a minute myself and said "i dont recall that many 3 game losing streaks, im gonna hit up their schedule and check it myself when i get done w/ the thread."

Luckily now i dont have to :)

thumbup.gif Reminds me of how everyone had a s*** fit when someone bumped the "Lidstrom's real Injury" thread right in the middle of our epidemic. It was like possibly the worst bump in the history or damn near.