• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Lilja Potentially Close to Returning?

Rate this topic

Mickey misspeaks all the time Ken almost never corrects him. He meant Kromwall. All swedes look alike to him. As far as Mickey leaving...His breathing has good and bad days i hope he stays cancer free...

LOL for the love of god man read before posting. I'm not giving ya a hard time but want to tell you that I saw it too...he MEANT LILJA.

dude at this point he will probably never come back. His head seems f***ed. Has there ever been a case when you had a concussion that lasted a year?

simon gagne of philly was out for year and came back and has pretty decent numbers, also i think patrice bergeron from boston was out for almost a whole season with a concussion, could be wrong on that one though

Why don't you guys just rewatch it...I don't think he misspoke

Click on last nights game: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61751

That segment starts at 58:46

See, now that that's settled. We can all see the evidence for ourselves. He wasn't talking about kronner, he was talking about lilja. Now, I cannot think of ANY REASON that mickey would even bring this up if it hasn't been talked about.

He went to a chiropractor?!?!? Ugh!!!

Actually, come to think of it I think it's something along those lines.

Right now the Wings are set to make some tough decisions on this roster with so many guys about to come back in the next 2 weeks. Aside from Lilja this team will be healthy in about 2 weeks, right? So throwing Lilja into that mix just forces Holland's hand that much earlier.

To me it makes more sense for Holland to wait until he has Kronwall's return date nailed down and knows he's healthy and back up to speed before he plays his hand with Lilja's status. Keep Lilja on the LTIR for as long as possible then send him to GR for a 2 week conditioning stint (I believe that's the max length).

Basically, Holland will want to maximize his time to play around with the cap and roster decisions before he has to set things in stone and start trading/waiving. At this point it's a given that once all of the injured players are off LTIR Holland will have to trade or waive at least one player.

EDIT:

Also note that Lilja needed just 7 days without headaches to start contact practice and check if the start to come back. So that means we really wouldn't hear much about it until he's had at least that 7 day headache free period. The longest I heard of him going was 3-4 days and that was way back when he saw that chiropractor in Vancouver.

It makes sense that Mickey might be talking to the guys and get more candid responses than what you'd get from the 'company line'. I just can't imagine Mickey pulling that 'back in 1 week' line out of his ass.

I'd be more inclined to believe Jack Johnson will be playing for Detroit before Lilja does.

And for the 'wtfcakes he ment lilja, ur wrong lolz' people; YOU don't know what he meant to say. Only Mickey does, and trying to figure out what's going on in Mickey's head would be tougher than finding a needle in a haystack.

And for the 'wtfcakes he ment lilja, ur wrong lolz' people; YOU don't know what he meant to say. Only Mickey does, and trying to figure out what's going on in Mickey's head would be tougher than finding a needle in a haystack.

Way to make it sound like the people who disagree with you are complete idiots, but you have clearly not looked at the data at hand. Beyond a reasonable doubt he was referring to Lilja. The only argument I have heard that Mickey misspoke was "he was drunk".

Way to make it sound like the people who disagree with you are complete idiots, but you have clearly not looked at the data at hand. Beyond a reasonable doubt he was referring to Lilja. The only argument I have heard that Mickey misspoke was "he was drunk".

I didn't say whether or not I agree or disagree with Mickey's statement but rather I can see Jack Johnson in a winged wheel uniform before Lilja. But please continue on pretending to know what another human being is thinking. For all I know you could be Mel Gibson in "What Woman Want," except with men.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...and_says_2.html

That's a pretty good argument. You can speculate that he is downplaying it all you want, simple fact is Mr. Holland > Mickey in terms of what's going on within the organization.

I didn't say whether or not I agree or disagree with Mickey's statement but rather I can see Jack Johnson in a winged wheel uniform before Lilja. But please continue on pretending to know what another human being is thinking. For all I know you could be Mel Gibson in "What Woman Want," except with men.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...and_says_2.html

That's a pretty good argument. You can speculate that he is downplaying it all you want, simple fact is Mr. Holland > Mickey in terms of what's going on within the organization.

Wow, you even condescend poorly.

I never said I know what Redmond is thinking. I said based upon what he said and what his actions were, it is much more likely he *was* talking about Lilja. I never said anything about Johnson, which is why I deleted your comment about him when i replied. And while Holland would definitely know more about personnel than Redmond, I also don't exactly trust what he says until something actually happens, as he gains an edge over other GMs by having them believe misinformation. I have no idea what that angle would be here, but I don't pretend to know Holland's ways. I only bask in the results.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Mickey talked to Lilja, or some other player, and took decent news and great news.

It has happened many times in the NHL. Liljas case is just more than a simple concussion, his condition is much worse. Lilja has had blood clotting in his brain, and it seems that may be going away. I am not a doctor or anything, I just know that there were many issues with blood clotting in his brain for the past few months.

I saw something where Andreas said that the blood clot thing is all taken care of, it's not an issue any more. Right now it's just the headaches that he's got to deal with.

Has anyone considered that his headaches may be due in part to him watching Lebda and Ericsson's play this season?

Just sayin.....

Mostly Lebda less so Ericsson. By all rights Ericsson should be under someone besides Lebda's wing.

Has anyone considered that his headaches may be due in part to him watching Lebda and Ericsson's play this season?

Just sayin.....

Touché!!

Just sayin.....

:lol: It's not like he was better than they at that point in his career. Lilja was a train-wreck up until last season :P

Yeah, you'd think he'd trust his spine to a real doctor, but meh, it's not my mobility he's risking.

Most of the major sports stars have chiropractors that they see regularly and many (such as Lance Armstrong) make them travel where ever they go to compete.