• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Lilja Potentially Close to Returning?

Rate this topic

I don't think the guy's very good, but I still don't think there are 179 D-men better than him in the NHL.

Lebda could be a decent defenseman. He needs to stop doing his Paul Coffey impersonation every damn offensive rush, and knock off all the little f*** ups he has every game.

Edited by cjm502

Guest mindfly
What would the PK units look like with Lils in?

Helm-Eaves

Miller-Maltby

Filppula-Cleary

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

?

Imo one of the eurotwins should also play some PK, the 5on3 kill versus pittsburgh in the finals of the championship season will stay in my head all my life, but then again zetterberg has been playing mediocre all season :(

Yes, 55fan. I guess Mickey won't be leaving the booth after all!! :ph34r:

Believe me, I'm deliriously happy to be wrong- both about Mickey and Lilja.

So Kenny was playing his cards close to the vest, so to speak. I can see that. If he's trying to negotiate a trade, it's better not to let other teams know that we need to move someone as opposed to wanting to move someone.

Happy and delighted. Pass the crow, and may I please have a side of fries with it?

What would the PK units look like with Lils in?

Helm-Eaves

Miller-Maltby

Filppula-Cleary

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

?

I haven't caught as many games as I used to, so this question is just out of curiosity:

Why Ericsson over Kronwall (assuming Kronwall will be back before Lilja, anyway) on the 2nd PK D-pairing?

I haven't caught as many games as I used to, so this question is just out of curiosity:

Why Ericsson over Kronwall (assuming Kronwall will be back before Lilja, anyway) on the 2nd PK D-pairing?

Woops. That's a good question. I forgot about him. Ericsson probably won't play on the PK in that situation. But based on the recent news on Lils it seems like nobody is sure yet on when he'll return.

Woops. That's a good question. I forgot about him. Ericsson probably won't play on the PK in that situation. But based on the recent news on Lils it seems like nobody is sure yet on when he'll return.

Ah, ok.

I'm certainly hoping Lilja can return soon and get back to doing what he loves. I'm just as happy that he's starting to live a normal life, though. Glad one bad decision/outcome in a hockey game seemingly won't negatively affect him for the rest of his life.

OK so those of you that doubted Mickey should be shining up your forks for some CROW!!

Yeah maybe Mickey's comments have put Holland into a bad situation considering trade value for anyone he's considering trading. I suppose that Mlive confirming it may mean a deal is already in place?

http://freep.com/article/20100126/SPORTS05...t-more-help-due

per the freep this morning:

There's also good news on Andreas Lilja, who needs just one more day to reach 14 without a headache -- an important step to possibly getting cleared following a concussion suffered Feb. 28. "It feels really good, but I'm not going to jump up until I start playing," he said.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

How could any of you jokers have been doubting Mickey? Some people were saying he is getting senile (which is actually debatable).

And? If it works, why not?

Define "works." If you want your nerves stunned so you don't feel pain for a little while, then go to a chiropractor. But don't expect a resolution of pathology. So if you think it "works," I have to respectfully disagree.

As for the Pain Train! I remember the day Kenny said the contract was drafted and Lilja just had to sign it. I ran around southeast Michigan hiding pens. For that, I apologize. I can't wait to see #3 on the ice. I would love to see him run a Penguin over this weekend.

LILJA IS CLEARED FOR CONTACT!!! lilja crazy having the biggest guy run him..damn

Red Wings' Andreas Lilja needed some contact, Johan Franzen was happy to help

By Ansar Khan

January 26, 2010, 11:41AM

DETROIT -- He's been practicing with the team for months, but Detroit Red Wings defenseman Andreas Lilja hasn't had any contact. Now that he sees a light at the end of the tunnel -- he has been headache-free for 14 days -- he wanted to see how he would react to a hit.

So he asked Johan Franzen to run him after practice.

"I had Mule run me yesterday in practice. He picked up all his 230 pounds and threw it at me,'' Lilja said. "My body hurt, but my head was really good. It felt real good."

Lilja was asked if Franzen drove his head into the glass.

"He did,'' Lilja said. "Stuff like that I need to test. I can't come out there and get one hit and then think, 'OK, that's it.' I got to know how it feels."

Franzen was happy to help.

"He was seeing stars,'' Franzen said. "He needs that, needs someone to hit him to get him ready."

What's next, an open-ice hit from Niklas Kronwall?

"No, I think I'll stay away from that,'' Lilja said. "I usually don't get hit open ice. I usually get it along the boards."

Lilja has no timetable for a potential return. He said he'll talk to doctors and management in the next day or two to find out the next step in his recovery from a concussion that has idled him since Feb. 28.

Forward Brad May will replace Ville Leino in the lineup tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes. It will be defenseman Niklas Kronwall's first game since Nov. 21, when he sprained his MCL. He replaces Derek Meech.

Those are the only lineup changes from the last game.

Edited by brett

LILJA IS CLEARED FOR CONTACT!!! lilja crazy having the biggest guy run him..damn

This is great to hear, hopefully he can goto GR get his hockey legs and be ready for a long playoff run :yowza: