• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Lilja Potentially Close to Returning?

Rate this topic

anyone who thinks he'll be "out of shape" is out of their mind and delusional...

he's been in the weight room like a mad man and practicing at full speed with the team ALL YEAR - there will be a slight adjustment to game speed, as it is different than practice, but his conditioning stint in GR and 3, yes 3 NHL games is all it will take for him to be back to AT LEAST 90% speed and endurance in GAME ACTION...

by the end of this thread we are going to retire his number and send him to the HOF.

he was an ok 6th defenseman who was frequently scratched in favor of lebda. Im happy hes coming back and everything cause he can certainly play a role but lets not overstate his worth. I think it has to do with the fact we just havnt had much/any good news so we will take what we can.

no one is saying he is going to supplant any of the top 4, or that he belongs there, but he could easily be a top 4 on any other team when healthy and is a GREAT number 6 d-man...

it's all about value for the position he is in(number 6 d-man) - and that is HUGE.

If Franzen is able to run Lilja, his knee must be getting much better.

talked with him Monday. He says it's feeling great, but still this type of sugery doesn't completely heal for much longer than the 3-4 months he is giving it. He will be able to play on it, but it will still be healing.

talked with him Monday. He says it's feeling great, but still this type of sugery doesn't completely heal for much longer than the 3-4 months he is giving it. He will be able to play on it, but it will still be healing.

just as long as there's no risk of re-injuring it... we need him...

I can't believe I don't have one of him shirtless. This might help prove your point. He looks pretty buff.

8fkce8n.jpg

...I'd hit that.

I think we all might be grasping for hope at this point. I can see Lilja coming back and making one turnover resulting in a goal against and have the village ready to crucify him. He's not Lidstrom, but I'd welcome him back. It's a risk for him to play and I'd be weary clearing him. And regardless of him being ripped like Jesus, he won't be in game shape until he's playing in games.

There's always a risk of re-injury. It's all about risk vs. benefit. If he can be symptom free for two weeks he's probably healing well enough to be run by the Mule. If he can practice with full contact, the natural next step is game action.

...I'd hit that.

I think we all might be grasping for hope at this point. I can see Lilja coming back and making one turnover resulting in a goal against and have the village ready to crucify him. He's not Lidstrom, but I'd welcome him back. It's a risk for him to play and I'd be weary clearing him. And regardless of him being ripped like Jesus, he won't be in game shape until he's playing in games.

In your dreams HR40.

Lilja can have any woman in Detroit, or Sweden for that matter.

In your dreams HR40.

Lilja can have any woman in Detroit, or Sweden for that matter.

Suspension resulting from sex scandal

In 2005, Lilja, and fellow Swedish hockey players Henrik Tallinder and Kristian Huselius were investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Swedish club Linköping and Lilja being suspended by Swedish club Mora for the rest of the season.

Initially police had dropped their investigation two days after the initial charges on February 11, 2005 when a 22-year-old woman accused the trio of raping her on February 9, because of a lack of evidence. However, a special prosecutor reopened the case in March, leading to the suspensions. Lilja and the others were cleared in June of that year after a special prosecutor ruled there was no evidence they forced the woman to have sex.

^^^ from wikipedia. Apparently if he cant have a woman, he just TAKES her. Haha im joking entirely as this woman probably just saw an opportunity to get some money and was lying, but reading your quote made me think of this.

I'm referring to Franzen.

As long as there's no risk in re-injuring his knee, I want Franzen back sooner rather than later - as soon as Lils is cleared by doctors, we need to get him to GR for conditioning and back up here ASAP

Edited by stevkrause

Guest micah

I respect Lilja less now that I've seen that lameass tattoo he has on his arm.

That tattoo is so lame, the only excuse for having it would be if he were passed out or unconsious when he recieved it. I'll have to watch the replay - maybe Shea Weber inked him up quick before he went to the box, just as a taunt? You know, like drawing ***** on your buddy's face when he's passed out drunk, or setting your ex-girlfriend's appartment on fire?

Then again,Lilja is so sexy-ripped, that maybe when he flexes, the tattoo is so stretched that it changes dorm into something rad, like Taz or a barbed-wire heart or the A-Team van?

anyone who thinks he'll be "out of shape" is out of their mind and delusional...

he's been in the weight room like a mad man and practicing at full speed with the team ALL YEAR - there will be a slight adjustment to game speed, as it is different than practice, but his conditioning stint in GR and 3, yes 3 NHL games is all it will take for him to be back to AT LEAST 90% speed and endurance in GAME ACTION...

http://www.riggberger.dinstudio.se/files/A...enbens_ryck.JPG

I think he will be alright.

On a side not, once someone in this thread said "have you seen him with his shirt off" i started a search to see what he looked like. so i searched Andreas Lilja in yahoo images and this came up on like the 5th page....

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefU_hGBLlo4A...uction_cone.jpg

Who's the wise guy???????

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

I'm referring to Franzen.

As long as there's no risk in re-injuring his knee, I want Franzen back sooner rather than later - as soon as Lils is cleared by doctors, we need to get him to GR for conditioning and back up here ASAP

"There's always a risk of re-injury."

Guest micah
On a side not, once someone in this thread said "have you seen him with his shirt off" i started a search to see what he looked like. so i searched Andreas Lilja in yahoo images and this came up on like the 5th page....

Who's the wise guy???????

Lilja is in shape. A cone is a shape. He's conical man. Conical Man beats Triangle Man.

You've never met HR40, have you? If you had, you might think twice about that comment.

:lol: You're too kind. And frankly, a liar.

Anyway, if Lilja comes back will be get a free pass to play to his standard or will we slaughter him if he doesn't embody Lids? Seriously, are we just collectively putting too much hope into him? My theory is, keep expectations low. Be pleasantly surprised. Oh Lilja stepped on the ice and we only have one goal against? Better than two, right? (Be nice to me. I'm in an emotionally abusive relationship with the Red Wings.)