250 replies to this topic

#221 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ January 26, 2010 - 01:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lilja is just the steadying force Ericsson needs to settle in too, he can join the rush more and go back to being an offensive d-man... look how much better he looked when paired with Janik...

I cannot wait to see and Ericsson-Lilja pairing...

I was just going to post this. I think Lilja's stay-at-home style is just what Ericsson needs to become more comfortable with his game.

#222 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (10 Minute Misconduct @ January 26, 2010 - 04:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lilja won't even be in proper shape this season. It takes a long time to recover from being off for that long especially with what he had to deal with. Alot of the time he couldn't even work out. Lilja had a good 3 month stretch or so. Before that he was a turnover machine, and the one who was hated instead of Lebda.

Lilja isn't anything special. Also, at this point Lebda (yes) is a better option.

Have you seen him with his shirt off?

He's always in shape. He doesn't even need to work out.

BTW, your man love for Lebda is quite disturbing. Don't know how you can say he's a better option than Lilja. Suicide is probably a better option than seeing Lebda out there bumbling around all the time.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 26 January 2010 - 06:25 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#223 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Also, I wonder what a healthy Lilja means for next season, especially with Kindl no longer being waiver eligible. Maybe rotating time between Lilja, Ericsson and Kindl? Unless Lidstrom retires, I don't know what else they might do.

P.S.: THE PAIN TRAIN COMETH.

#224 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Yes maybe we are overestimating his worth but he was really coming on before he got hurt so it will be nice to see him back.

#225 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ January 26, 2010 - 05:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen him with his shirt off?

He's always in shape. He doesn't even need to work out.

I can't believe I don't have one of him shirtless. This might help prove your point. He looks pretty buff.

#226 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

Lilja is sexy. Not Downey-sexy, but still pretty sexy. The Wings have an ugly team, so it's good that Lilja is coming back.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#227 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (micah @ January 27, 2010 - 03:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lilja is sexy. Not Downey-sexy, but still pretty sexy. The Wings have an ugly team, so it's good that Lilja is coming back.

So THAT's what's been missing from their game: good looks. laugh.gif
Thank You TeeMan

#228 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:26 AM

anyone who thinks he'll be "out of shape" is out of their mind and delusional...

he's been in the weight room like a mad man and practicing at full speed with the team ALL YEAR - there will be a slight adjustment to game speed, as it is different than practice, but his conditioning stint in GR and 3, yes 3 NHL games is all it will take for him to be back to AT LEAST 90% speed and endurance in GAME ACTION...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#229 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (Rick Zombos Ghost @ January 26, 2010 - 04:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
by the end of this thread we are going to retire his number and send him to the HOF.
he was an ok 6th defenseman who was frequently scratched in favor of lebda. Im happy hes coming back and everything cause he can certainly play a role but lets not overstate his worth. I think it has to do with the fact we just havnt had much/any good news so we will take what we can.

no one is saying he is going to supplant any of the top 4, or that he belongs there, but he could easily be a top 4 on any other team when healthy and is a GREAT number 6 d-man...

it's all about value for the position he is in(number 6 d-man) - and that is HUGE.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#230 Datsyukgrl_in_ATL

Datsyukgrl_in_ATL

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (micah @ January 27, 2010 - 08:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha, LMAO! I don't know I think that Lilja takes it....he is one fine man.
"Those who stay will be Champions." -Bo

#231 elriqo28

elriqo28

head tap!

• PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (bd2988 @ January 26, 2010 - 04:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Franzen is able to run Lilja, his knee must be getting much better.

talked with him Monday. He says it's feeling great, but still this type of sugery doesn't completely heal for much longer than the 3-4 months he is giving it. He will be able to play on it, but it will still be healing.

#232 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (elriqo28 @ January 27, 2010 - 09:59AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
talked with him Monday. He says it's feeling great, but still this type of sugery doesn't completely heal for much longer than the 3-4 months he is giving it. He will be able to play on it, but it will still be healing.

just as long as there's no risk of re-injuring it... we need him...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#233 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ January 27, 2010 - 08:47AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe I don't have one of him shirtless. This might help prove your point. He looks pretty buff.

...I'd hit that.

I think we all might be grasping for hope at this point. I can see Lilja coming back and making one turnover resulting in a goal against and have the village ready to crucify him. He's not Lidstrom, but I'd welcome him back. It's a risk for him to play and I'd be weary clearing him. And regardless of him being ripped like Jesus, he won't be in game shape until he's playing in games.

#234 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ January 27, 2010 - 10:56AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's always a risk of re-injury. It's all about risk vs. benefit. If he can be symptom free for two weeks he's probably healing well enough to be run by the Mule. If he can practice with full contact, the natural next step is game action.

#235 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,962 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (HenrikRules40 @ January 27, 2010 - 11:58AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I'd hit that.

I think we all might be grasping for hope at this point. I can see Lilja coming back and making one turnover resulting in a goal against and have the village ready to crucify him. He's not Lidstrom, but I'd welcome him back. It's a risk for him to play and I'd be weary clearing him. And regardless of him being ripped like Jesus, he won't be in game shape until he's playing in games.

In your dreams HR40.

Lilja can have any woman in Detroit, or Sweden for that matter.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#236 Rufio

Rufio

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ January 27, 2010 - 01:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In your dreams HR40.

...and many men apparently. scared.gif

#237 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ January 27, 2010 - 01:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In your dreams HR40.

Suspension resulting from sex scandal
In 2005, Lilja, and fellow Swedish hockey players Henrik Tallinder and Kristian Huselius were investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Swedish club Linköping and Lilja being suspended by Swedish club Mora for the rest of the season.

Initially police had dropped their investigation two days after the initial charges on February 11, 2005 when a 22-year-old woman accused the trio of raping her on February 9, because of a lack of evidence. However, a special prosecutor reopened the case in March, leading to the suspensions. Lilja and the others were cleared in June of that year after a special prosecutor ruled there was no evidence they forced the woman to have sex.

^^^ from wikipedia. Apparently if he cant have a woman, he just TAKES her. Haha im joking entirely as this woman probably just saw an opportunity to get some money and was lying, but reading your quote made me think of this.

#238 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ January 27, 2010 - 10:56AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm referring to Franzen.

As long as there's no risk in re-injuring his knee, I want Franzen back sooner rather than later - as soon as Lils is cleared by doctors, we need to get him to GR for conditioning and back up here ASAP

Edited by stevkrause, 27 January 2010 - 01:17 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#239 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

I respect Lilja less now that I've seen that lameass tattoo he has on his arm.

That tattoo is so lame, the only excuse for having it would be if he were passed out or unconsious when he recieved it. I'll have to watch the replay - maybe Shea Weber inked him up quick before he went to the box, just as a taunt? You know, like drawing ***** on your buddy's face when he's passed out drunk, or setting your ex-girlfriend's appartment on fire?

Then again,Lilja is so sexy-ripped, that maybe when he flexes, the tattoo is so stretched that it changes dorm into something rad, like Taz or a barbed-wire heart or the A-Team van?
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#240 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

i wish i was Lilja's five o'clock shadow

Posted Image