• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Getting Healthy, Offense

Rate this topic

When we get Franzen, Williams, Holmstrom, will we have enough fire power heading towards the playoffs? Adding three players capable of scoring 40 points in a season is huge, but I still think this team needs to add another forward to be able to make another deep run in the playoffs. Its unfortunate that we would have to make a dollar for dollar exchange due to the cap world. What do you all think?

Here is my suggested line combinations while fully healthy.

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Helm-Filppula-Williams

Abdelkader-Draper-Eaves

Maltby-Miller as reserves. Leino can go back to europe/be released, whatever.

The amount of offense will depend on how much the big guns step up. Will Dats, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, etc. finally start scoring goals? If not, it won't matter what the line combos are -- you can only expect so much from Williams or Homer or Franzen off a knee injury. Those lines obviously look much better than what's going on now, but no matter what a team's role players do, if the stars don't carry their weight, it's tough.

Also, I'll be surprised if Abdelkader is still in the lineup when those guys get healthy. They have to cut $$$ and he's an easy move to GR

Guest mindfly
The amount of offense will depend on how much the big guns step up. Will Dats, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, etc. finally start scoring goals? If not, it won't matter what the line combos are -- you can only expect so much from Williams or Homer or Franzen off a knee injury. Those lines obviously look much better than what's going on now, but no matter what a team's role players do, if the stars don't carry their weight, it's tough.

Also, I'll be surprised if Abdelkader is still in the lineup when those guys get healthy. They have to cut $$$ and he's an easy move to GR

:withstupid:

If zetterberg and datsyuk continue to play like checkers it won't matter they MUST rack up tons of point from here or detroit is screwed and they know it.

we need a player with a chip on his shoulder, and a infectious desire to win. torres?

if the wings can get confidence ...the scoring will go up.

right now the stars "dats/zetta" are carrying too much focus.

we used to be a spread out scoring threat...for months now we have been a one line unit with thrown together lines that try...but make chemistry mistakes.

once the wounded return and gel together, lines become solidified...the confidence will rise, the chemistry will work, the late game let downs "should" go away.

and we can breath during a 2 goal lead.

i am wishing for the healthy offense as soon as possible, for sure.