• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

alienanxiety

Jack Johnson to the Wings !?!

Rate this topic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Kova...e-for-1/1/25696

isn't e4 the highest rating next to a done deal (e5)? of course, per eklund ...

Jack Johnson to Red Wings (e4)

Two sources, very close to the scene are saying a deal may get worked out that would send Jack Johnson to Detroit. I am told that "discussions are imminent."

Discussions are imminent?? Is that to mean that talks haven't even taken place, but this is almost a done deal? How does that work?

Only in Eklund's World!

Discussions are imminent?? Is that to mean that talks haven't even taken place, but this is almost a done deal? How does that work?

Only in Eklund's World!

For some reason I was under the impression Jack Johnson was a good young player. He is a terrible, team-worst -18 !

Guest mindfly
For some reason I was under the impression Jack Johnson was a good young player. He is a terrible, team-worst -18 !

We all know though that ALOT of players play better in the wings organization/system :P

If Leino and Lebda were dealt together, then the cap would balance out. (sarcasim) Oh wait, no Lilja would still put it over the cap. I would think Lilja would have to be in the trade, that won't happen. This is bulls***.

They need to shed one player to keep under the player cap, and thousands of dollars to stay under the cap when everyone comes back. Adding a 1.45 mill player makes no sense.

I think that he could turn into a real player somewhere. I just don't see it working out here, with our continuing cap problems.

I'm not the firmest believer in Eklund, but you guys seem to have a misconception about what his "E" system means. If he was to arbitrarily select a number between 1 and 5 depending on how close he thought a deal was, his work as an "insider" wouldn't be reliable at all. All the "E" designation between 1 and 5 tells you is how many sources he's been talking to and whether they are internally connected to the team's management. The difference between a guy like Eklund and a guy like Darren Dreger is that Dreger waits for more concrete evidence before making a post. The only one of Eklund's ratings that means anything is E5 and he's almost never wrong with E5.

E1 - This is a rumor that comes from a single reliable source not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved.

E2 - This rumor is simply more than one reliable sources not in any way directly connected to the players or teams involved and not connected to each other. It does not have to equate to two E1’s. It could be several E1’s.

E3 - This rumor comes from a single source with ties somehow to the players or teams involved.

E4 - This rumor comes from more than one source with ties to the players or teams involved.

E5 - This rumor comes from source telling Eklund the deal is 100% done and just has not been announced yet.

It's Eklund, but oh how I would love if this deal was true. Jack Johnson has a ton of potential and keeping him long term wouldn't exactly replace Lidstrom (nobody can), but it would help the core a bit.

Guest zackmorris

If the Kings are smart and no one is guaranteeing they are, they wouldn't move him. They're going to be a legit playoff team for the first time in God knows how long, why deal anyone away? If anything I could see them trying to get a rental like Kovalchuk to help in their playoff push. I think they're a one a done team, or at best a team who ousts a favorite and then loses in the second round, btu still.

If the Kings are smart and no one is guaranteeing they are, they wouldn't move him. They're going to be a legit playoff team for the first time in God knows how long, why deal anyone away? If anything I could see them trying to get a rental like Kovalchuk to help in their playoff push. I think they're a one a done team, or at best a team who ousts a favorite and then loses in the second round, btu still.

You are quickly becoming my new favorite poster! Not only cause my name is Zac, but because you crack me the F UP!!

Edited by rage

If I was ken holland, I would make this trade:

DET: Jack Johnson

LA 5th round draft pick

LA: Brian Rafalski

Jakub Kindl

DET 1st round draft pick

DET 3rd round draft pick

Edited by Hockey King

If I was ken holland, I would make this trade:

DET: Jack Johnson

LA 5th round draft pick

LA: Brian Rafalski

Jakub Kindl

DET 1st round draft pick

DET 3rd round draft pick

why not just wait til next season,hopefully kovy signs there this season, then next season they have to re-sign

jack johnson

drew doughty

wayne simmons

john bernier

and a few other guys who will all want more money, if lids retires we might be able to nab johnson then for nothing but dollars

why not just wait til next season,hopefully kovy signs there this season, then next season they have to re-sign

jack johnson

drew doughty

wayne simmons

john bernier

and a few other guys who will all want more money, if lids retires we might be able to nab johnson then for nothing but dollars

The only down side to that is any team could wait them out and sign. If the wings want to be sure they pick him up a trade would do it. And the way I look at it, raf is on the downside of his career so we would get a yound great defender who looks to get better (imagine paired with lids). Kindl is not proven and the wings have shown high draft choices aren't essential.

Edited by Hockey King

The only down side to that is any team could wait them out and sign. If the wings want to be sure they pick him up a trade would do it. And the way I look at it, raf is on the downside of his career so we would get a yound great defender who looks to get better (imagine paired with lids). Kindl is not proven and the wings have shown high draft choices aren't essential.

i just think trading Rafalski is a bad idea and Kindl, ok you get Johnson in return but after next season if Lids retires who do we have....

Johnson-Kronwall

Stuart-Ericcson

?-?

we would have the 7 mill to offer Johnson not saying thats what it would cost to get him but Lids contract will more then likely be spent on getting a D. at least if we sign him we have something like

Rafalski-Johnson

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericcson-Kindl/?

i just think trading Rafalski is a bad idea and Kindl, ok you get Johnson in return but after next season if Lids retires who do we have....

Johnson-Kronwall

Stuart-Ericcson

?-?

we would have the 7 mill to offer Johnson not saying thats what it would cost to get him but Lids contract will more then likely be spent on getting a D. at least if we sign him we have something like

Rafalski-Johnson

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericcson-Kindl/?

What about brendan smith? He was up for the H baker, or seidenberg from boston - who has said he would take a pay cut to come to detroit.

dont forget Raffi has a NTC to and isnt he from Mich? i just cant see then trading him knowing that this could be Lids last year, and if Lids retires next season and Johnson doesnt re-sign there we would have alot of money to play with and there are alot of good D available next season.