• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

The Best Hockey Commercials

Rate this topic

this one isnt really funny, but pretty good and i dont really remember seeing them when they originally aired.

BTW, how do you embed video in here? I tried several ways and it didnt work

Edited by plopster

Does anyone remember back in the late nineties there was a NHL commercial with Mike Ricci in it? He was at some high class dinner party, and the servant/butler set this fancy sterling silver dish in the middle of the table...all the while the narrator was telling about Mike's great faceoff stats. Then the guy takes the lid off the dish so you can see what's inside...and it's a King Dong on the platter. In a second they show the empty platter and then show Ricci's ****eating grin face stuffed with this King Dong. I've searched all over the internet and can't find it. It's got to be out there somewhere. That was a classic, even if he did play for Colorado.

Anyone remember the commercial, from around the mid-90's, where Yzerman is sharpening his skates and throws one into the wall like an axe, I think it was a playoff commercial for ESPN or ESPN2. Looked everywhere for it, can't find it. They also did one where a player (Jeff Odgers I think) was growing nose hair instead of a playoff beard. Not finding them anywhere online.

One of my all-time favorites was an ESPN commercial from the mid-90s where they're showing Mike Richter making all of these amazing saves in the crease while people watching him marvel at what he's doing. Once he's finished he starts skating away when someone fires a shot and it nails the plexiglass that's mounted on the inside of the goalposts.

Richter whips around and skates back up to the net while eyeing the shooter and then takes his catching glove to buff out the rubber mark on the plexiglass. Classic!

Couldn't find it on YouTube, though. :(