• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/26 GDT: Coyotes 5 at Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

We interrupt this thread to deliver this breaking news update.

NIK FREAKIN' KRONWALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We now return you to your regularly schedule discussion

Edited by RedFX

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wings need this win..

i dont think they will...

yotes win

Did I miss some announcement about those new line combos? Anyone got a link that explains it?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...ronwall_to.html

On the bottom of the article.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk need spark

Babcock flip-flopped Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi. Cleary will play with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. Bertuzzi will skate with Valtteri Filppula and Drew Miller.

“For us to be successful, your best players got to be your best players,†Babcock said. “They got to generate offense. So we’re doing everything we can to put Pav and Z in a position to be successful. That’s nothing against what Bert was doing. It’s just that (Datsyuk and Zetterberg) aren’t scoring enough, so we’ll move them around and see what happens.â€

Datsyuk has no goals and three assists in his past seven games. Zetterberg has two goals and three assists in his past 12 games.

Here are the line combinations Detroit skated with Tuesday at practice:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Filppula-Miller (Franzen working in)

Draper-Helm-Eaves (Williams working in)

Leino-Abdelkader-Maltby (May working in)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Ericsson

Meech-Lilja (extras)

Howard (starting)

Osgood

Honestly, what does May really do? Whenever he fights it is always set up and a joke... he is just laughing with the guy he is fighting. He does play the body, which is good, but he pretty much does nothing out there... at least Leino has looked better as of late and has almost scored a few times. He plays better with Abdelkader IMO

Guest micah
Whenever he fights it is always set up and a joke... he is just laughing with the guy he is fighting.

Always? I remember that happening once against Barch (a guy who is often a thorn in our side, a guy who we should *want* off the ice if at all possible) - when else did it happen?

I also remember him fighting (and beating) Jared Boll after he layed questionable hits on Datsyuk and Maltby. I remember him fighting Tanner Glass after Glass shouldered Abdelkader (a fight which May wisely started while Vancouver was threatening to score). Also, Babcock says that the wings don't get bullied as much when May is dressed.

Edited by micah

Honestly, what does May really do? Whenever he fights it is always set up and a joke... he is just laughing with the guy he is fighting. He does play the body, which is good, but he pretty much does nothing out there... at least Leino has looked better as of late and has almost scored a few times. He plays better with Abdelkader IMO

May's fights aren't always staged, he's physical and will hit.

Leino doesn't fight, gets hit and laid out all the time, fears physical play and doesn't score.

Hmm do we take the guy that hits and fights but does nothing else or do we take the guy that does literally nothing?

looks amazing theo where did you get it?

icejerseys.com. Fairly expensive as far as replica jerseys go, but they did an awesome job on the numbers and letters, and even accommodated me wanting an umlaut on the O in Lidstrom's name.

I'm really happy with it, especially since it completes my Lidstrom jersey collection (I have home, away, Winter Classic, and now Olympic, all with the C on them; only the Sweden one isn't authentic).